Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
I mean TJ Carson Jordan they say narrative is Joe doesn't want to play here
Reply/Quote
PFT is lead by a steeler fan that sees his future and it isn't bright. These stories are all just click bait at this point...Let them look stupid when he is taken and signs immediately.

WE are better off talking about what to do in Rd 2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Link?

Who is saying this?
Reply/Quote
All I saw was this...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/06/joe-burrows-dad-tries-to-tamp-down-speculation-they-dont-want-to-be-bengals/

It's going to be a long couple months of this speculation. It is interesting that the 0-16 and 1-15 Browns never had this pushback when they got the 1st overall pick, but MB earns this kind of media coverage and doesn't care.

If anything this is eye opening to Burrow as it relates the weight carried by being a Bengals QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Florio and King in video are "Reading the tea leaves"
Reply/Quote
The tea leaves are easy to read as it relates to Burrow not being overly thrilled to be a Bengal. He never said I want to go to Cinci and turn it around (like Baker did Cleveland and some other potential first round picks have said about the team picking 1 overall). So the tea leaves especially through the media read that he'd be happy to be drafted by the Bengals but if he had his choice the Bengals wouldn't be the team he played for.

And that is completely understandable.

The Seniorbowl snub was an eye opener.

Hopefully MB and co will do something to show him they care about winning (they won't). The relationship has started off a little rocky. I think we can all admit that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Burrow crew is saying nothing of the sort though.
Reply/Quote
Kind of a false and misleading thread title.. Whatever

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Report: NFL Has Given NFLPA A “Rough Deadline” Of March 18 To Accept Pending Proposal
Last Updated 9:24 AM, February 6, 2020 EST – Mike Florio
After Last Year’s Boycott, Viewers In New Orleans Return To The Super Bowl
NFLPA Meeting Thursday To Further Discuss 17-Game Proposal
Art Rooney II: Steelers May Sign A WR Or RB, We’re Good With The QBs We Have
Russell Wilson Is Hoping For More Up-Tempo Moments
Tom Brady Plans To Play In Next Year’s Super Bowl, Won’t Say For Which Team
The #PFTPM Super Bowl LIV Rookies Of The Week
Brian Dawkins “So Proud” Of Andy Reid
Terry McLaurin: Chase Young Can Be Better Than The Bosas
Travis Kelce Takes One More Shot At Dee Ford During Chiefs Parade
Joe Burrow’s Dad Tries To Tamp Down Speculation They Don’t Want To Be Bengals

That's a list of the heds.

Last on the list: Joe Burrow’s Dad Tries To Tamp Down Speculation They Don’t Want To Be Bengals

Soooooo... WTF are you talking about?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of a false and misleading thread title.. Whatever

Pretty damn annoying honestly. My heart sank when I read it, but it’s obviously nothing substantial.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty damn annoying honestly. My heart sank when I read it, but it’s obviously nothing substantial.

Just more of the same.....and someone else (Florio) jumping in and piling on.  Until Joe or his camp says something of the sort, it's all just noise. 

Now, I'm hoping what he said about playing for a team serious about a Super Bowl makes Mikey and crew take notice, but that doesn't mean the guy said he wouldn't play here. From what I read, he'll play wherever. If the team doesn't do what he feels is necessary, he could potentially leave at the end of his deal. But I don't see him refusing to come to Cincy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I like cheese.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:46 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I mean TJ Carson Jordan they say narrative is Joe doesn't want to play here

PFT in my opinion has as much credibility as a serial liar, say any DC Congressmen.
Not worth the electricity used to publish.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: All I saw was this...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/06/joe-burrows-dad-tries-to-tamp-down-speculation-they-dont-want-to-be-bengals/

It's going to be a long couple months of this speculation. It is interesting that the 0-16 and 1-15 Browns never had this pushback when they got the 1st overall pick, but MB earns this kind of media coverage and doesn't care.

If anything this is eye opening to Burrow as it relates the weight carried by being a Bengals QB.

Cleveland’s ownership spends money and tries to win, they’re just not good at it. Mike Brown cares more about squeezing profits and employing family than winning football games. That brand of petty cheapness does not excite potential employees.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty damn annoying honestly. My heart sank when I read it, but it’s obviously nothing substantial.

(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just more of the same.....and someone else (Florio) jumping in and piling on.  Until Joe or his camp says something of the sort, it's all just noise. 

Now, I'm hoping what he said about playing for a team serious about a Super Bowl makes Mikey and crew take notice, but that doesn't mean the guy said he wouldn't play here. From what I read, he'll play wherever. If the team doesn't do what he feels is necessary, he could potentially leave at the end of his deal. But I don't see him refusing to come to Cincy.

I can't wait until they announce Burrow will be the number 1 pick.
Reply/Quote
National media is trying to force a story line. The usual story, this time of year, is WHO will be #1. They don't have that story to kick around so they are inventing one. Nothing coming from the Burrow camp is indicating he won't play for the Bengals. Even, saying he wants to go to a team committed to the Super Bowl is pretty status quo for any top draft pick prospect. What do we want him to say that he wants to play for a committed loser?
We're going to make ourselves crazy if we jump at every "story" coming from people who don't know jack about the situation.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yep, he wants nothing to do with Cincinnati. That's why he's banging around with Sam Hubbard at the Super Bowl. They've probably already made plans about what they are going to do when Burrow gets into town....
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, he wants nothing to do with Cincinnati. That's why he's banging around with Sam Hubbard at the Super Bowl. They've probably already made plans about what they are going to do when Burrow gets into town....

Joe:  Sam, have you ever been to the Burrito Buggy, in Athens at 2:00 am?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fake news
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: The tea leaves are easy to read as it relates to Burrow not being overly thrilled to be a Bengal. He never said I want to go to Cinci and turn it around (like Baker did Cleveland and some other potential first round picks have said about the team picking 1 overall). So the tea leaves especially through the media read that he'd be happy to be drafted by the Bengals but if he had his choice the Bengals wouldn't be the team he played for.

And that is completely understandable.

The Seniorbowl snub was an eye opener.

Hopefully MB and co will do something to show him they care about winning (they won't). The relationship has started off a little rocky. I think we can all admit that.

In what way was the Senior Bowl an eye opener?  He's the slam dunk #1 pick and there's absolutely no reason for him to risk injury.  It would have been stupid for him to participate.

I would say it makes no sense for him to hire former Bengals to train him if he doesn't want to come here.
Reply/Quote