Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Knowing you for as long as I have I'm certain you have the exact same reaction to parents bringing their kids to the women's march as well.   That being said, teenagers are able to form their own opinions, and frequently rebel against those of their parents.  I'm not saying they always have well thought out opinions, but they're old enough to have their own, separate from their parents.

Eh, I think you're going way too far here.  My parents made me go to church until I turned eighteen.  They did so because it was important to them that I was exposed to their religion.  It didn't work, I've never been to church since I turned eighteen, but I can understand their reasoning.  Part of being a parent is providing a solid moral and social framework for them to grow from.  Being conservative isn't analogous to being in the Westboro Baptist Church or being a radical islamist.

Okay. Perhaps instead of writing "the adults", which might appear more accusatory or too generalized, I should have wrote "some adults" or "those adults who...".

(BTW - Kudos. You knew I was just stirring the pot a little with the gangbangers and colors references.)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-21-2019, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The boy admits that the rest of the crowd parted for him.  If these boys had done the same there would have been no conflict.

Why didn't they just do what everyone else had done?

I thought there was already conflict with the Black Hebrews; of course I don't know the whole story like you. I see not conflict here. Simply a boy standing a smiling in a manner of which you don't approve and an adult who chose getting in the kid's face as opposed to stepping a 1/4 to his left. .

As to what I taught my kids. They were taught to respect their elders and I see this boy being more respectful than many around him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 01:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, as confrontational as the situation might have appeared, I think it is important to note that it did not escalate into something worse. That shows constraint from both sides, or perhaps the situation wasn't as emotional as some think.

(01-21-2019, 02:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: just can't muster 2 shits about this incident.  im just getting sick of videos of shitty kids being forced upon me all the time.  nothing happens here.  kid smiled, dude played a drum.  piss poor.  

is that kid a little shithead with a punchable face?  yeah.  could have told you that without seeing the video.  you give me a zipcode, age and gender and ill tell you off the top of my head an inherent prick level and punchability score.  

but freaking out about this complete non-event, in either direction, is an mystifying overreaction.

Totally agree.  It "looks" bad but nothing really happened.

So let's argue for a few weeks about who is at fault!!!! Ninja

"Haters" Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Smug millenials are never in the right.
Outside of the death threats and doxing, I'm not sure that this has been as terrible of an experience for those involved as some might believe. It's a non-violent clash of cultures. Perhaps they know more about each other now. Maybe not. But I also see this as a big opportunity for both sides to reach out and further understanding of each other. I hope that is a direction the diocese and school decide to go with the kids and that the Native Americans do the same.
(01-21-2019, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: An adult manufactured an encounter with a group of teenagers.  The kids responded to being taunted by another group by singing their school song.  They deny chanting "build that wall" and the complete video does not show them doing so.  Considering these are teenagers deliberately put in an awkward confrontation by an adult I think they handled themselves well.  What's your opinion on his weaponized smirk btw?

An adult was trying to defuse a situation between those teenagers and a group that was antagonizing them. He was trying to get in between the groups. That was the motivation behind the elder's actions according to the elder himself. He didn't deliberately put them in an awkward situation. The only source of information for the motivations on either side are those directly involved, and it really just seems to all stem from a misunderstanding. My opinions regarding some of the behavior comes from reporting of mocking behavior from some of the students towards the indigenous crowd. I'm also saying some, not all, not the majority, just some. I fully acknowledge that this is based on the description of the event from indigenous individuals at the event.

As for the smirk, I do think it was a smart-ass teenager smirk and not at all what he claims it was. But I haven't really focused too much on any of this to have much of an opinion beyond that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2019, 02:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to what I taught my kids. They were taught to respect their elders and I see this boy being more respectful than many around him. 

The boy admitted that the rest of the crowd parted to let the old man pass.  So how was the boy who refused to move being "respectful"?  Seems to me the rest of the crowd was being respectful but this one boy was not.

So you sure have chosen a strange way to teach your kids to respect old people.

Funny that you can look at a situation where one person does something different from the rest of the crowd and then try to act like he is being judged just by the hat he is wearing.  The fact is the only reason you are defending him is because of the hat he is wearing.
I've seen the right wing defend Trump, a hebophile, the woman who started Roe v Wade, Kanye West, and now a smirking millenial. My god what is next?
(01-21-2019, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Smug millenials are never in the right.

Gen Z not miilenials.  

I don't know.  If there were a group of Native Americans and I just decided to walk right through them playing a drum, with no destination on the other side, I'm pretty sure what side the twitter tantrums would go.  

I'd probably have a goofy smile in an awkward situation like that as well.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-21-2019, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The boy admitted that the rest of the crowd parted to let the old man pass.  So how was the boy who refused to move being "respectful"?  Seems to me the rest of the crowd was being respectful but this one boy was not.

So you sure have chosen a strange way to teach your kids to respect old people.

Funny that you can look at a situation where one person does something different from the rest of the crowd and then try to act like he is being judged just by the hat he is wearing.  The fact is the only reason you are defending him is because of the hat he is wearing.

Nah, there were a few wearing MAGA hats that were being disrespectful; particularly those doing the tomahawk chop. I'm just of the opinion that standing and smiling is not disrespectful. Now if he started fake dancing, making howling sounds, or any other mockery then I could see him being disrespectful. If the elder had tried to bypass to the left and the kid had moved to block him; I could see blocking. This kid blocked nothing; nor was he disrespectful, the elder could have easily bypassed if he wanted. 

Let me worry about the manner in which I have taught my kids respect.

(01-21-2019, 02:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Gen Z not miilenials.  

I don't know.  If there were a group of Native Americans and I just decided to walk right through them playing a drum, with no destination on the other side, I'm pretty sure what side the twitter tantrums would go.  

I'm surprised that kid took time out of his busy schedule of eating tide pods and killing the diamond market to even show up.
(01-21-2019, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What Bfine and myself see is plenty of room for him to step aside and let the man pass just like everyone else did.

Why do you think everyone else stepped aside to let the guy pass?

Did the man walk to the center of the crowd then stop and start chanting?

You assume this kid blocked his path when I assume he got to the middle of the crowd, stopped and then started chanting to create the situation to make young Catholic boys look like thugs.

EDIT: Now it's come out that he was trying to defuse the situation only explaining after the fact. This man should have explained himself before starting his chant. The kids would have treated him with respect and allowed him to finish and the Black Hebrew Israelites would have been made to look the fools...maybe.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Exactly. The millennial was the lady standing behind the elder throwing F bombs out at the kids. 

(01-21-2019, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: An adult was trying to defuse a situation between those teenagers and a group that was antagonizing them. He was trying to get in between the groups. That was the motivation behind the elder's actions according to the elder himself. He didn't deliberately put them in an awkward situation. The only source of information for the motivations on either side are those directly involved, and it really just seems to all stem from a misunderstanding. My opinions regarding some of the behavior comes from reporting of mocking behavior from some of the students towards the indigenous crowd. I'm also saying some, not all, not the majority, just some. I fully acknowledge that this is based on the description of the event from indigenous individuals at the event.

As for the smirk, I do think it was a smart-ass teenager smirk and not at all what he claims it was. But I haven't really focused too much on any of this to have much of an opinion beyond that.

I said something very similar in my post. No one is really interested in trying to find a truth where some level of fault occurs in all parties.

The kids were wearing MAGA hats, so you're either defending conservatives or defending liberals. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Bah! You probably have goofy smiles during proctology exams! Tongue
(01-21-2019, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly. The millennial was the lady standing behind the elder throwing F bombs out at the kids. 

Every one younger than me is ruining my country.  That's all.  
(01-21-2019, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I said something very similar in my post. No one is really interested in trying to find a truth where some level of fault occurs in all parties.

The kids were wearing MAGA hats, so you're either defending conservatives or defending liberals. 

One thing we should all be able to agree on is that the initial reports were completely wrong and the reaction to the initial story, both from celebrities and politicians, was nauseating.  This is the second news story in around a week that the media completely screwed the pooch on, the Buzzfeed article that everyone jumped on being the other.

Seems like the MSM is trying really hard to earn that "fakenews" moniker.
(01-21-2019, 03:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One thing we should all be able to agree on is that the initial reports were completely wrong and the reaction to the initial story, both from celebrities and politicians, was nauseating.  This is the second news story in around a week that the media completely screwed the pooch on, the Buzzfeed article that everyone jumped on being the other.

Seems like the MSM is trying really hard to earn that "fakenews" moniker.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I said something very similar in my post. No one is really interested in trying to find a truth where some level of fault occurs in all parties.

As i said earlier: There were kids being disrespectful; however, the kid that is making all the news was not. I further stated I felt the Elder's intentions were pure and he simply wanted to spread peace. 

Folks just take a viral image and run with it unfortunately. 

(01-21-2019, 03:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

Oh wait, you're right, they got both those stories correct.  A thousand apologies master of emojis and gifs.  Please do not punish me further with emojis or gifs.  I have learned my lesson and the pain is unbearable.