Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Legal tampering period
(03-13-2023, 03:02 PM)phil413 Wrote: Synric posted the rumor last page. 

Its being reported by Aaron Wilson apparently its trade talks between the Chiefs and Texans for Laremy Tunsil.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jawaan Taylor to the Chiefs. 4yr/$80m ($60m guaranteed)

Yet ANOTHER OL off the board. Bills adding, Chiefs adding. What's up, Bengals?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Its being reported by Aaron Wilson apparently its trade talks between the Chiefs and Texans for Laremy Tunsil.

Looks like Chiefs just signed Jawann Taylor - 4 years, $80M - $60M gur. 
Reply/Quote
Jawaan Taylor 20m per year hahahaha.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jawaan Taylor to the Chiefs. 4yr/$80m ($60m guaranteed)

The Bengals did say they weren't going to look at external FA much for upgrades and instead focus on internal guys, right?
We probably should believe them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:15 PM)NC_Bengals_Fan Wrote: Looks like Chiefs just signed Jawann Taylor - 4 years, $80M - $60M gur. 

Wow! They're likely losing Brown and gave that to Taylor.  I'm fine with that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals did say they weren't going to look at external FA much for upgrades and instead focus on internal guys, right?
We probably should believe them.

I was hoping they'd wake up and realize if you're not getting better, you're getting worse because your opponents are getting better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was hoping they'd wake up and realize if you're not getting better, you're getting worse because your opponents are getting better.

Yep - now is the time to be aggressive with the current roster make up...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jawaan Taylor to the Chiefs. 4yr/$80m ($60m guaranteed)

Uh, the Chiefs are likely losing Brown, and already lost Wylie. That is not adding. $20 mil for Taylor is a massive overpay. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:15 PM)NC_Bengals_Fan Wrote: Looks like Chiefs just signed Jawann Taylor - 4 years, $80M - $60M gur. 

Brutal.

Why can the Chiefs do this but we can't?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chiefs front office is so smart. Best thing they ever did was trade Tyreek. Its obvious they value the trenches, especially OL protecting their number one asset. Take note, Bengals.

Are you guys not paying attention? They already lost Wylie (starting G) and are likely losing Brown (LT). Their line (atm) is worse, not better. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was hoping they'd wake up and realize if you're not getting better, you're getting worse because your opponents are getting better.

Are they really getting better though?
I'm not seeing the Chargers, Chiefs, or Bills make any paramount signings unless they are losing a pretty big piece already.
49ers adding Hargrave but losing McGlinchey.
Eagles losing people.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Brutal.

Because they already lost their starting G and their all pro LT is a FA and not coming back. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Are you guys not paying attention? They already lost Wylie (starting G) and are likely losing Brown (LT). Their line (atm) is worse, not better. 

They're going to land Tumsil, and have a better scouting department that can draft a immediate replaceament ALA Creed Humphrey.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Brutal.

Because they lost 1-2 OL, so it's just replacement.

Bengals could add someone new to OL, but it would mean letting some defensive starter(s) walk.
And they indicated a couple weeks ago their priority is retaining their own, so the big name guys likely aren't happening unless they were already Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Because they already lost their starting G and their all pro LT is a FA and not coming back. 

And we have an all pro LT that is tying up all of our money?

Or is our rookie contract QB, rookie contract WR1 and rookie contract WR2 taking up all the money that we could have spent to upgrade our Oline for our Super Bowl run?
Reply/Quote
Taylor graded out at 58.7 via PFF last year.

Jonah was 61.2. Collins was 57.9. Carman was 60.7.

Paying $20 million to NOT upgrade the line would be stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: They're going to land Tumsil, and have a better scouting department that can draft a immediate replaceament ALA Creed Humphrey.

Tumsil is Orlando Brown 2.0
He wants to break the bank with next contract
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And we have an all pro LT that is tying up all of our money?

Or is our rookie contract QB, rookie contract WR1 and rookie contract WR2 taking up all the money that we could have spent to upgrade our Oline for our Super Bowl run?

It's not really expensive OL, QB, or WR taking up money.
It's the DL.
The entire DL is comprised of higher-paid veterans.

Cap hits this year:
Reader - $15.5 mill
Hendrickson - $15.5 mill
BJ Hill - $10.8 mill
Hubbard - $10 mill
--------------------------
Total - $50+ mill

That position group is where all the money is right now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If we'd have paid $20 mil for Taylor, I'd want to throw up right now.

He's mediocre.
Reply/Quote