Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s pump the brakes on McPherson
Complain about Zac Taylor blowing it, I get it.

But the way they used Mcpherson today is how Matt Prater is used, Justin Tucker is used, how Zurlein used to be used.

It’s how the best kickers in the league are used.

That 57 yard miss I don’t care about

But you expect a supposed stud like Mcpherson to hit a 49 yarder for the win.

He’s not an elite kicker. Not yet. Especially with that Jacksonville miss last week in the first quarter also looming over him.

So let’s pump the brakes on Mcpherson being great, for now
You're aware tucker has missed field goals right?
How many missed kicks were here 6 or 7 including extra points?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're aware tucker has missed field goals right?

Pretty sure Tucker only has 1 missed game winning field goal from under 50

I think he only has 1 missed game winning field goal ever.
(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)Synric Wrote: How many missed kicks were here 6 or 7 including extra points?

(10-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pretty sure Tucker only has 1 missed game winning field goal from under 50

I think he only has 1 missed game winning field goal ever.

So has McPherson.  So by your own logic they are the same
(10-10-2021, 05:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: So has McPherson.  So by your own logic they are the same ?

Yea but that only missed game winner for Tucker came in his 7th season

Mcpherson already blowing game winners from under 50

I’m just saying, let’s not crown him as special, yet. He’s middle of the road

And I hope Taylor realizes this as well. Mcpherson isn’t Matt Prater. Not even close.
(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're aware tucker has missed field goals right?

I'm not giving up on McPherson by any means, but Tucker is in his 10th season and has only missed 13 kicks inside the 50 in his career.

I don't like comparing a rookie to a future Hall of Famer, regardless of the position. That's too much expectation and pressure. He should rebound and be a good one, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I do think Zac leaned too heavily on McPherson today. He ran on 3rd down both times prior to the kicks because, in his mind, he didn't need the first down.

This is what makes Zac a bad coach. McPherson should have made the 49 yarder, but Zac should not have placed all his eggs in that basket. He should have played for the first down and settled for the field goal if he missed the first down. Playing for the field goal is how you lose the game.
Let’s be honest, a lot of mcphersons kicks have almost clipped the goal posts. A good number of them have almost missed
(10-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea but that only missed game winner for Tucker came in his 7th season

How many missed kicks were there 6 or 7?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(10-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea but that only missed game winner for Tucker came in his 7th season

Is it really fair to make that assessment after 4 games?

I swear Bengals fans are the worst.
I hate the kicker position. It's goofy. Missin' Crosby and Hardly Deserves a Nickname were terrible today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I do think Zac leaned too heavily on McPherson today. He ran on 3rd down both times prior to the kicks because, in his mind, he didn't need the first down.

This is what makes Zac a bad coach. McPherson should have made the 49 yarder, but Zac should not have placed all his eggs in that basket. He should have played for the first down and settled for the field goal if he missed the first down. Playing for the field goal is how you lose the game.

Zac made the same mistake we all did

Thinking Mcpherson is one of the top kickers in the league

Zac and the rest of us learned differently today.

No more thinking Mcpherson can bail us out
(10-10-2021, 06:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not giving up on McPherson by any means, but Tucker is in his 10th season and has only missed 13 kicks inside the 50 in his career.

I don't like comparing a rookie to a future Hall of Famer, regardless of the position. That's too much expectation and pressure. He should rebound and be a good one, though.
For the record I didn't make the comparison.  The op did.
(10-10-2021, 05:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Complain about Zac Taylor blowing it, I get it.

But the way they used Mcpherson today is how Matt Prater is used, Justin Tucker is used, how Zurlein used to be used.

It’s how the best kickers in the league are used.

That 57 yard miss I don’t care about

But you expect a supposed stud like Mcpherson to hit a 49 yarder for the win.

He’s not an elite kicker. Not yet. Especially with that Jacksonville miss last week in the first quarter also looming over him.

So let’s pump the brakes on Mcpherson being great, for now

No.

(10-10-2021, 06:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: Is it really fair to make that assessment after 4 games?

I swear Bengals fans are the worst.

Is it fair to say he’s not one of the best?

Yes. Very fair.
(10-10-2021, 06:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: For the record I didn't make the comparison.  The op did.

Oh, I know, I wasn't accusing you or anything. I was just throwing out my opinion there so someone didn't come by later to accuse me of hating on Bengals players. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
We should be asking why there were 6 or 7 missed kicks. Not why McPherson missed at 49. Felt like they were on grass in England.

(10-10-2021, 06:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Zac made the same mistake we all did

Thinking Mcpherson is one of the top kickers in the league

Zac and the rest of us learned differently today.

No more thinking Mcpherson can bail us out
Yea the hype went a little overboard haha. He's definitely a good kicker and that 57 yarder was so close and had plenty of leg. But he's still a rookie and I think Zac disregarded that fact.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk