Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
For adjusting in 2nd halves in games this season.

I have read many comments over the past couple of years that Marvin was bad in adjusting in second halves. It would be hypocritical even for the Marvin haters to not give him the credit this year, but to whine about previous years in regards to 2nd half adjustments.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This Marvin thing reminds me of that Simpsons episode where their dead and dried out Christmas tree comes in handy for some strange reason and Homer smugly says "Yeahh, and someone wanted to get rid of it in April!" in an I-told-you-so manner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is still around, the O and D coaches are not, the changes are there. Maybe Marvin was not the problem for the 2nd half lack of adjustments, but as being the HC, he is responsible in the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This Marvin thing reminds me of that Simpsons episode where their dead and dried out Christmas tree comes in handy for some strange reason and Homer smugly says "Yeahh, and someone wanted to get rid of it in April!" in an I-told-you-so manner.

This Marvin thing ????

[Image: w92yu.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When he wins a game that matters I’ll credit. Lots of short memories around here.

We’ve seen this before. Oh it’s diffrent this time. We’re winning games we normally lose. We’ve all said this before. Until he wins a playoff game I don’t care.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has already demonstrated that his teams can win a division, sometimes in spite of his mistakes. I’ll give Marvin credit when his team doesn’t totally collapse in a playoff game. After years and years, anything less is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Marvin has already demonstrated that his teams can win a division, sometimes in spite of his mistakes. I’ll give Marvin credit when his team doesn’t totally collapse in a playoff game. After years and years, anything less is unacceptable.

What are his mistakes, when winning a division???

We have two, I repeat two coaches who won playoff games in over 50 years of the Bengals existence. 

In two of Marvin's playoff loses he was playing his 2nd string QB.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: When he wins a game that matters I’ll credit.  

Regular season games matter.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: When he wins a game that matters I’ll credit.  Lots of short memories around here.

We’ve seen this before.  Oh it’s diffrent this time.  We’re winning games we normally lose.  We’ve all said this before.  Until he wins a playoff game I don’t care.

Ditto
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season games matter.

Only matter to get into the playoffs, once there they do not matter. ML has proven that
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: When he wins a game that matters I’ll credit.  Lots of short memories around here.

We’ve seen this before.  Oh it’s diffrent this time.  We’re winning games we normally lose.  We’ve all said this before.  Until he wins a playoff game I don’t care.

Since, you don't care now. Don't watch now. Smirk

See you in January :giggle:
Reply/Quote
I believe in fair mindedness, in being able to take things at face value and not through a lens of what's come before. In other words, if a thing is good, say it's good. If someone is quick to criticize, fair mindedness says be willing to compliment too. Having done things wrong in the past does not mean a person can never do anything right.

I guess the easy way is to puff out one's chest and say he has to show me he can win a playoff game before I ever say anything good about him.

One thing I've learned on my long and perilous journey on this big blue aggie is the easy way is not always the best way.

But, then again, that is just me and even though I do my best to eliminate things that stand between me and joy, I also know that not everybody sees things like I do, even though time is quick and choosing to wait for joy instead of grabbing it while it's right in front of you is the work of fools.

To sum up, Marvin has screwed up in the past but it looks a whole lot like he's getting things much righter now. I mean, hell, we have rookie starting at S and he is killing it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Do we really need TWO threads giving Marvin props?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season games matter.

Get back to me during the post season.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What are his mistakes, when winning a division???

We have two, I repeat two coaches who won playoff games in over 50 years of the Bengals existence. 

In two of Marvin's playoff loses he was playing his 2nd string QB.  

During that time, Marvin has many time management mistakes, refused to play better players at different positions. There were seasons that he had top 5 rosters. That’s why I said in spite of.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Since, you don't care now. Don't watch now. Smirk

See you in January :giggle:

I’m a fan of the team not any specific player or coach. So in that vain screw Marvin until he wins a post season game he gets nothing from me. Unless you have the shortest of memories he’s done this before. He done it a lot actually and not delivered. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here to be the only one tha feels like I’m reliving Groundhog Day over and over.

Your just regurgitating stuff that’s been said over and over every year we look good. It’s not new. Not by a long shot.

I’ll watch the team and enjoy success as long as it last but I’m not forgiving or giving credit to Marvin for anything till we have post season success.

See you’re mistaking me for a game day whiner and I’m not. When we lose or are down I don’t throw a fit. I say well we’ll bouce back next week or hey there’s still time left in this game to get it done. I’m optimistic like that. I’m not stupid however. And after 0-7 playoff record I’ll reserve the right to not get my hopes up with Marvin till he turns the corner.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: Get back to me during the post season.

That depends on if we win enough regular season games that "don't matter".
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’m a fan of the team not any specific player or coach.  So in that vain screw Marvin until he wins a post season game he gets nothing from me.  Unless you have the shortest of memories he’s done this before.  He done it a lot actually and not delivered.  I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here to be the only one tha feels like I’m reliving Groundhog Day over and over.

Your just regurgitating stuff that’s been said over and over every year we look good.  It’s not new.  Not by a long shot.  

I’ll watch the team and enjoy success as long as it last but I’m not forgiving or giving credit to Marvin for anything till we have post season success.

See you’re mistaking me for a game day whiner and I’m not.  When we lose or are down I don’t throw a fit.  I say well we’ll bouce back next week or hey there’s still time left in this game to get it done.  I’m optimistic like that.  I’m not stupid however.  And after 0-7 playoff record I’ll reserve the right to not get my hopes up with Marvin till he turns the corner.

There's your problem right there.  This ain't the same.  Anyone can see that. 

And it's been my experience that if you're the only one seeing something a certain way and everybody else see it the opposite, the odds are you're the one who's wrong.  Not crazy pills, just mistaken pills.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's the new coaches who learned from their previous stops.

Let me just "joke" for a second and say let's not hype Marvin up. He's already earned another 10 years in Mike Browns eyes. No need to justify Mikes feelings by throwing too much support behind him.

If you want to crown him, crown him.... But at least let's see if he can beat the Steelers....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 04:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe it's the new coaches who learned from their previous stops.

Let me just "joke" for a second and say let's not hype Marvin up. He's already earned another 10 years in Mike Browns eyes. No need to justify Mikes feelings by throwing too much support behind him.

Or maybe just giving credit where credit is due.

Reply/Quote