Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
Vance had absolute turds for QB for his 2 seasons, and his team had barely any talent on the offensive side. I don't think it would be the best hire, and I'm not rooting for it myself, but I also don't think it's fair to say he can't take a team to a playoff run yet.
Reply/Quote
Still won't believe it until Goebbels reports it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote:
Can you say DC for the Steelers (shudder)

That's exactly it; people are reporting, "fired."

He wasn't fired, come on; Last year, when he was fed up and tired, he was basically forced to come back, according to all the press that came out; you REALLY think Mike didn't want him?

He definitely said that enough was enough and this time, Mike agreed, whether it was due to money or backlash or whatever.

But don't buy for a second that he was, "fired by Mike Brown."

Come on reporters, we know better than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
FYI- the Marvin's 11:00 presser is still a go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:25 PM)McC Wrote: Still won't believe it until Goebbels reports it.

This post is better than people realize. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's exactly it; people are reporting, "fired."

He wasn't fired, come on; Last year, when he was fed up and tired, he was basically forced to come back, according to all the press that came out; you REALLY think Mike didn't want him?

He definitely said that enough was enough and this time, Mike agreed, whether it was due to money or backlash or whatever.

EVERY report states that Mike decided to go a different direction.

That is the nice way of saying "fired".
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:26 PM)pally Wrote: FYI- the Marvin's 11:00 presser is still a go

But he was "fired," right?

(Not directed at you)

(12-31-2018, 12:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: EVERY report states that Mike decided to go a different direction.

That is the nice way of saying "fired".

Not really.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It was time a long ago, but I wish he would stay and be our DC. He showed he can still coach defenses. 

The new HC needs to find a great DC. The question becomes is if the new HC will have the autonomy to fire all coaches and start over or if he is stuck with those on staff now.

Nope....Fresh blood...get rid of the staleness and cleanse this organization.  And if you were Marvin, would you immediately accept the demotion to DC?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's exactly it; people are reporting, "fired."

Yep. Seems collaborative. Probably more likely he didn't want to come back so they moved on.

Look for him to get some interest in Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:26 PM)pally Wrote: FYI- the Marvin's 11:00 presser is still a go

I guess Marvin needs to get in a few more snarky remarks to reporters.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's been almost 2 decades since this franchise conducted an actual head coaching search. I would say it's time for another one. There are a lot of good potential candidates out there. I'm hoping Mike doesn't take the easy route.
Reply/Quote
Well, something different is on the way...but there is that possibility that the new HC is one who will agree to be under Mike Brown's incompetent thumb, too. At least something worth discussing is afoot. I'll take it.
Reply/Quote
Props to Mike Brown! Yes, this pink slip was eleven years too late but it finally arrived. Maybe he’s been taking that jellyfish-based brain supplement I keep hearing about.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sounds like it's Mike who made the call?

If Mike has made the call then that means he likely has formulated a PLAN in his head for going forward without Marvin.

Either a PLAN to start a Search or already having a guy in mind.

This Mike formulated PLAN is a dauntingly scary thought.

Could be as simple & effortless as choosing Hue or Mike actually brain storms himself in a direction no one could have imagined.

I FEAR where this all may be heading because things can get worse if Mike makes a boneheaded choice.

We may go well below the barely in or barely out of the Playoffs, then 1 and done when in the Playoffs level we have gotten used to this last decade.

Change appears to be here & now.

Mike is Planning the change which is a scary thought...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No to Hue Jackson.
No to Vance Joseph.

Unfortunately it will be one of those two. It’s safe (for the Brown family) and continuity, right?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: But he was "fired," right?

(Not directed at you)

Not really.

Well IF he retired, then he doesn't get the money for the 2nd year.

IF he was fired, then he would get paid. (Unless there was an out clause.)
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props to Mike Brown!  Yes, this pink slip was eleven years too late but it finally arrived.  Maybe he’s been taking that jellyfish-based brain supplement I keep hearing about.

I can just see Mike Brown thinking....well, I gave Marvin Lewis some actual say in how things go and we didn't win.  I'll make sure the next coach does everything I say!  Best response I got so far from one of my friends was "Maybe the'll hire Tomlin!"
Reply/Quote
Reports state MB took notice of the steep number of season ticket holders who did not renew, and low attendance. While I doubt MB reads boards like this, I would tend to assume he has some lackey read them to get some gauge of fan opinion. With that hope, he hopefully knows Jackson will not bring fans back and will only alienate more.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Mike has made the call then that means he likely has formulated a PLAN in his head for going forward without Marvin.

Either a PLAN to start a Search or already having a guy mind.

This Mike formulated PLAN is a dauntingly scary thought.

Could be as simple & effortless as choosing Hue or Mike actually brain storms himself in a direction no one could have imagined.

I FEAR where this all may be heading because things can get worse if Mike makes a boneheaded choice.

We may go well below the barely in or barely out of the Playoffs, then 1 and done when in the Playoffs level we have gotten used to this last decade.

Change appears to be here & now.

Mike is Planning the change which is a scary thought...

Well, now they're saying it was more of a combination of Mike and Marvin deciding it, so who knows. I don't really care either, just glad this chapter is finally in the books and we can move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can just see Mike Brown thinking....well, I gave Marvin Lewis some actual say in how things go and we didn't win.  I'll make sure the next coach does everything I say!  Best response I got so far from one of my friends was "Maybe the'll hire Tomlin!"

The funny thing is somehow the players and coaches get blamed. Yet, same GM is here that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.
Reply/Quote