Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
Chances are, this is where we see just how much say Katie has and what she's made of. If he let her choose Marv, she is bound to have a say in the next hire.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Mike has made the call then that means he likely has formulated a PLAN in his head for going forward without Marvin.

Either a PLAN to start a Search or already having a guy mind.

This Mike formulated PLAN is a dauntingly scary thought.

Could be as simple & effortless as choosing Hue or Mike actually brain storms himself in a direction no one could have imagined.

I FEAR where this all may be heading because things can get worse if Mike makes a boneheaded choice.

We may go well below the barely in or barely out of the Playoffs, then 1 and done when in the Playoffs level we have gotten used to this last decade.

Change appears to be here & now.

Mike is Planning the change which is a scary thought...

Mike Brown is highly intelligent. He’s a Harvard trained attorney with a mind like a steel trap for names, places, and dates. However, he’s not so intuitive about football which surprises me. People forget he played quarterback at Dartmouth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: As long as this isn't followed with "NFL Network confirms Hue Jackson will transition to HC" I am a happy man.

This. 

Reply/Quote
Not only is it good news, but the fact it happened this early is also good news.

Marvin did a lot to change the culture from the dark ages of the 90s and early 2000s, so he should at the least be always remembered for that. Because anyone that followed this team during the really bad times knows what I am talking about. But his time ran it's course for too long.

Now just have to hope they don't do something stupid like give the job to Hue.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:26 PM)pally Wrote: FYI- the Marvin's 11:00 presser is still a go

That presser where he announces that he's been named the new Head of Talent Acquisition?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to see that it is finally time for a change and Marvin is leaving. However, I still would like to thank him for many entertaining seasons. I always thought his heart was in the right place but ultimately he just didn't have what it takes to get a Mike Brown owned team to the next level. Of course it will be interesting to see if the next coach does have what it takes. I have no ill will toward Marvin and wish him the best with his future.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:33 PM)McC Wrote: Chances are, this is where we see just how much say Katie has and what she's made of.  If he let her choose Marv, she is bound to have a say in the next hire.

Which is the rub. MB supposedly wanted Coughlin. Coughlin wanted a larger scouting department and GM.

Katie wanted Marvin.

IF we hired Coughlin, we probably have at minimum way more scouts than we do now. And possibly a GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props to Mike Brown!  Yes, this pink slip was eleven years too late but it finally arrived.  Maybe he’s been taking that jellyfish-based brain supplement I keep hearing about.

11 years.. no way... Possible after 2014 playoffs yes.. Marvin was a solid coach took a that at the time the worst NFL record for a decade overall (thanks Browns for taking that mantle), we held on too long to Marvin but no way should he have been out after 5 year tenure as you put it.. 
Reply/Quote

If they announce Hue as the next HC, I'm gonna  Sick
Reply/Quote
Do..Not..****..this..up..Mike.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown is highly intelligent.  He’s a Harvard trained attorney with a mind like a steel trap for names, places, and dates.  However, he’s not so intuitive about football which surprises me.  People forget he played quarterback at Dartmouth.

I have to admit, "Dartmouth's QB room in the 1940's" is an area where I've slacked, academically. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well IF he retired, then he doesn't get the money for the 2nd year.

IF he was fired, then he would get paid. (Unless there was an out clause.)

AFAIR, didn't he have a personal option for next year and the 2 year extension was only if he accepted said option?

Can't remember, but it was reported as such at the beginning of December or something.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
If they announce Hue as the next HC, I'm gonna  Sick

Given Mike's love for gut punching his team's fans, this would be an opportunity too hard to pass up.  And Hue gets the job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He’s gonna hire from within isn’t he?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No to Hue Jackson.
No to Vance Joseph.

This a million times!!   Fresh and new, not comfortable and retreads.
Reply/Quote
End of an Era.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: AFAIR, didn't he have a personal option for next year and the 2 year extension was only if he accepted said option?

Can't remember, but it was reported as such at the beginning of December or something.

There were reports speculating there was an option that was team option I believe.
Reply/Quote
Well, lots of coaches available this morning.
Reply/Quote
Marvin at the 11am presser

"All this media flurry of my firing is nonsense and silly".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can't wait to see the justification for hiring Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph after they both shit the bed in their last HC gigs.

Marvin Lewis coaching tree really hasn’t been that good when it comes to HC. Andy Reid’s, on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote