Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
(12-31-2018, 12:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dude, you really have to stop; its NOT funny.

Yea, I'm just reporting his photo shopped tweets as SPAM from now on. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, lots of coaches available this morning.

How about the OC from Kansas City Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zimmer is resigning from Vikings.

He just said last night he wasn't. 
Reply/Quote
You better be foolin with me Godfather
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: He just said last night he wasn't. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006459/article/mike-zimmer-im-not-retiring-or-resigning-period

Damnit. I misread it and very ashamed of myself.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zimmer is resigning from Vikings.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

It's not true.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If it's Hue I am out the door.

Every person is their own man, he is not a clone of Lewis.. Hue got a raw deal when head coach at Oakland.. he moved to Cleveland  where no coach wanted to go and no coach had won longer than even in Cincinnati, sure they were terrible in the start of another rebuild but they drafted well during his tenure as HC and it started to come together even before he was fired and even with the terrible hire of Haley by the GM ( who maybe did it on purpose to undermine Hue). if Browns make a couple kicks, he is probably 3-1 or 2-2 after four games and I think still the head coach of the Browns.

With that said, I would prefer another person for HC. but Marvin is out that is what had to happen regardless who we bring in...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:56 PM)thillan Wrote: It's not true.

Boo

Reply/Quote
This should go without saying, but here we are.. Please refrain from posting fake/photoshopped tweets with false/fake information listed in them. For the serious Bengal fans, this is a pivotal moment for the franchise, please do not muddy it will failed attempts at humor.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree the Steeler lose was a critical point in this path... and drafting has been not turned out as well as we hoped but to say Mixon was a fluke I disagree, no player is a given when drafted, we can start listing other teams bust in 1/2 round over last three years of drafting what was believed to be talented players.. give credit to the team for success of players also like Mixon  Jackson, Boyd, Lawson and Hubbard and I believe Vigil then be critical of picks like Fisher, Cedric, Ross, Redman, Westerman.. etc.. 

Meant to say it was a fluke that Bengals got Mixon- not that his success is a fluke. My bad.

The few "success" stories are decent- not great players.

Hiring Jackson, keeping the same staff, and doing nothing to improve scouting- actually could result in a team that is even worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:56 PM)thillan Wrote: It's not true.

No it’s not. I apologize. I read the headline too quick out of excitement and posted on emotion instead of taking the time to read it. Sorry guys.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Every person is their own man, he is not a clone of Lewis.. Hue got a raw deal when head coach at Oakland.. he moved to Cleveland  where no coach wanted to go and no coach had won longer than even in Cincinnati, sure they were terrible in the start of another rebuild but they drafted well during his tenure as HC and it started to come together even before he was fired and even with the terrible hire of Haley by the GM ( who maybe did it on purpose to undermine Hue). if Browns make a couple kicks, he is probably 3-1 or 2-2 after four games and I think still the head coach of the Browns.

With that said, I would prefer another person for HC. but Marvin is out that is what had to happen regardless who we bring in...

You CANNOT go 3-36-1 in the NFL as a HC. I don't care what your excuses are. That is completely unacceptable. Every time he has left, players have been happy he's gone. Why in the world would it be different here?
Reply/Quote
Where can I watch this presser? Can't find a link.
Reply/Quote
Looks like hue for 16 years. Who dey
Reply/Quote
Official announcement

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-marvin-lewis-mutually-decide-to-part-ways

“I want to thank the Bengals’ organization, the fans and the city of Cincinnati for their support,” Lewis said. “I regret I haven’t been able to provide them with the No. 1 goal of being world champions. I also want to thank our players, coaches and team employees for their effort and professionalism over the past 16 years. A lot of fine people have gone through this building in that time, and the organization is better for all of them having been a part of it.”

The team will begin the search for a new head coach immediately. It expects to review many candidates and anticipates that the process will last several weeks.

“The team is very appreciative of all that Marvin has accomplished over the past 16 years,” said Bengals President Mike Brown. “Personally, I am very fond of Marvin and will miss working with him. He is a friend and a colleague, and I thank him for what he has meant to this franchise. But it is time to turn the page and look toward the next chapter for our organization, and we are excited about what the future holds for the team and our fans.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:43 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The Bengals drafts  have also been awful the last few years with Joe Mixon being the exception. Picking Mixon was a fluke made possible only because he screwed up as a kid and other teams did not take a guy who should have gone in the first 5 picks.

Hubbard was #1 among all rookie D-linemen in sacks, and #3 in tackles.

Bates was #1 among all rookie DBs in tackles and #2 in interceptions (just one behind leader)

Carl Lawson is a legit pass rush beast.  His sack numbers were down this year but he was #2 in the league among DE/OLB in beating his blocker in pass rush when he went down with injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:59 PM)thillan Wrote: You CANNOT go 3-36-1 in the NFL as a HC. I don't care what your excuses are. That is completely unacceptable. Every time he has left, players have been happy he's gone. Why in the world would it be different here?

Not saying I want him, but to your bolded, maybe its because his players don't like him outside of Cincinnati?

Seriously, everybody has always LOVED him here, while people really don't like him anywhere else he's been.

Maybe Marv gives him a bit more reign to be looser with the players?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:00 PM)pally Wrote: Official announcement

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-marvin-lewis-mutually-decide-to-part-ways

“I want to thank the Bengals’ organization, the fans and the city of Cincinnati for their support,” Lewis said. “I regret I haven’t been able to provide them with the No. 1 goal of being world champions. I also want to thank our players, coaches and team employees for their effort and professionalism over the past 16 years. A lot of fine people have gone through this building in that time, and the organization is better for all of them having been a part of it.”

The team will begin the search for a new head coach immediately. It expects to review many candidates and anticipates that the process will last several weeks.

“The team is very appreciative of all that Marvin has accomplished over the past 16 years,” said Bengals President Mike Brown. “Personally, I am very fond of Marvin and will miss working with him. He is a friend and a colleague, and I thank him for what he has meant to this franchise. But it is time to turn the page and look toward the next chapter for our organization, and we are excited about what the future holds for the team and our fans.”

Review many candidates?  Seriously?  Well, knock me over with a feather.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:59 PM)thillan Wrote: You CANNOT go 3-36-1 in the NFL as a HC. I don't care what your excuses are. That is completely unacceptable. Every time he has left, players have been happy he's gone. Why in the world would it be different here?

He may do it to get people to stop coming, empty stadium, then the reason he needs to convince the NFL he must sell the team or move it. He may not know how to run a franchise, but he's still very a cunning businessman.  Just a theory.
Reply/Quote