Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
(12-31-2018, 12:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
If they announce Hue as the next HC, I'm gonna  Sick

This is scary in so many ways. IF they hire him in any capacity it's bad as you want the new HC picking.

Watch it get announced that Marvin is the GM and Hue the HC.
Reply/Quote
So does this mean I can celebrate all the way 'till new years eve until his replacement is announced??
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is scary in so many ways. IF they hire him in any capacity it's bad as you want the new HC picking.

It’s making me queasy. SAY NO TO THE BAD MAN.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is scary in so many ways. IF they hire him in any capacity it's bad as you want the new HC picking.

Even if it's Marvin, if the Bengals hire a GM the same day they fire Marvin Lewis I'll explode.  This isn't reality.  I'm in a coma, aren't I?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is only step one. Long overdue and should have happened after the Steeler meltdown in 2015 playoff game. We have experienced three completely wasted years since the Steelers loss with 6 consecutive losses to the Steelers.

The Bengals drafts have also been awful the last few years with Joe Mixon being the exception. Picking Mixon was a fluke made possible only because he screwed up as a kid and other teams did not take a guy who should have gone in the first 5 picks.

The franchise needs a complete and total shakeup in coaches, philosophy, and personnel department.

Sweeping changes give the team a shot in about 2 to 3 years.

Hiring an insider who will continue the Mike Brown way and keeping personnel department the same means back to the future with team moving in 2026 because lack of support from Cincinnati fans.

I wish Sam Wyche was 20 years younger. That is the type of leader that is needed.
Reply/Quote
SO many coaching vacancies now. We will be scrambling to get the best of the worst that are left.

But if MB thought season tickets were down this year, just wait till he hires hugh and sees the mass exodus that follows
Reply/Quote
I don’t believe it. Fake news.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote:  
Can you say DC for the Steelers (shudder)

He's not retiring means he will end up somewhere with another team or in the booth or some TV show, that's one thing we've excelled very good, Boomer, Collinsworth, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t believe it. Fake news.

The crickets coming from the home page are making me queasy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:45 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: SO many coaching vacancies now.  We will be scrambling to get the best of the worst that are left.  

But if MB thought season tickets were down this year, just wait till he hires hugh and sees the mass exodus that follows

Kinda agree, but again all it takes is ONE guy who wants to be known to turn a franchise around. 

Head coaches love a challenge. If we can get one candidate who likes our youth, the AD contract, and wants to be known for being the fresh face that can change everything.. that's all it takes.

All teams have a sales pitch. We just have to do it better.
Reply/Quote
11:00 am new conference...Mikey won't be there per a tweet, but Marvin will be. I am guessing it will be on 700 wlw if anything, maybe 1530 but it's espn slot right now for them.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/

https://www.iheart.com/live/espn-1530-1697/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown is highly intelligent.  He’s a Harvard trained attorney with a mind like a steel trap for names, places, and dates.  However, he’s not so intuitive about football which surprises me.  People forget he played quarterback at Dartmouth.

He probably did it for Dad.Nervous If your dad was Paul Brown, you would be playing it too.    Tongue
Reply/Quote
If it's Hue I am out the door.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:43 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This is only step one. Long overdue and should have happened after the Steeler meltdown in 2015 playoff game. We have experienced three completely wasted years since the Steelers loss with 6 consecutive losses to the Steelers.

The Bengals drafts  have also been awful the last few years with Joe Mixon being the exception. Picking Mixon was a fluke made possible only because he screwed up as a kid and other teams did not take a guy who should have gone in the first 5 picks.

The franchise needs a complete and total shakeup in coaches, philosophy,  and personnel department.

Sweeping changes give the team a shot in about 2 to 3 years.

Hiring an insider who will continue the Mike Brown way and keeping personnel department the same means back to the future with team moving in 2026 because lack of support from Cincinnati fans.

I wish Sam Wyche was 20 years younger. That is the type of leader that is needed.
I agree the Steeler lose was a critical point in this path... and drafting has been not turned out as well as we hoped but to say Mixon was a fluke I disagree, no player is a given when drafted, we can start listing other teams bust in 1/2 round over last three years of drafting what was believed to be talented players.. give credit to the team for success of players also like Mixon  Jackson, Boyd, Lawson and Hubbard and I believe Vigil then be critical of picks like Fisher, Cedric, Ross, Redman, Westerman.. etc.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If it's Hue I am out the door.

At this moment, Hue is 100% likely the new HC by default.  If he would have been out of the equation, the news at NFL.com would have been, MARVIN & HUE OUT.  Wasted Wasted
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t believe it. Fake news.

https://www.cincinnati.com/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 11:00 am new conference...Mikey won't be there per a tweet, but Marvin will be. I am guessing it will be on 700 wlw if anything, maybe 1530 but it's espn slot right now for them.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/

https://www.iheart.com/live/espn-1530-1697/

lol if that doesn't scream that he's gone, I don't know why people are being skeptical.

Its probably just a seeing off PC, with a few quotes thrown in their and delivering his epitaph.

Nothing major. Would be nice if he could reveal something though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, now they're saying it was more of a combination of Mike and Marvin deciding it, so who knows. I don't really care either, just glad this chapter is finally in the books and we can move on.

We get to go on to that Next Chapter but it may be that the Marvin Chapter will be the best chapter in Mike's book as Owner.

I guess it's worth the shot of hoping Mike gets this right going forward.

I just doubt he will.

Fans are going to get what they asked for but maybe not what they hoped for.

The ball is in Mike's court & he is about to hit it somewhere...
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is resigning from Vikings.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If it's Hue I am out the door.

Please quit threatening and just go!
Reply/Quote