Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman
(03-29-2017, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Why wouldn't they?
Harassing with bodilyfluids is a crime in Ohio Fred
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing, or purposely avoiding, the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable, in any real way, by the owner or the head coach. So what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things? Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.

Stupid implies ignorance.  Jones did an impulsive act,which yes all have done.  But we learn to reflectbefore our actions IF there are consequences. Bengals are negatively reinforcing his actions but removing consequences.  This isn't a single occurrence.  A behavior pattern of  lack discipline that has impacted Field of play. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 07:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Harassing with bodilyfluids is a crime in Ohio Fred

I'm pretty sure it's a felony. I think it all came about when someone who was HIV positive was actually charged with attempted murder for spitting on someone.
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate to use the word, Mike, you are not a friend to him, you are his enabler. You are contributing to his demise in the name of soft heartedness.

Good old Ten Chances Jones. If you ask him, how many chances do you need, his answer would be, how many ya got?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:26 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Marvin is suck a ***** joke. 0 n 7 in the playoffs 15 years n still no playoff wins, says oline is not a problem n now he's defending Pac man.  This guy us a joke.  Can't wait untill Marvin is gone!!
Maybe Marvelous Marvin should consider social work and get out of football. Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 05:01 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You can not claim that any other team has an Adam Jones on their roster, either. No other player in the NFL has over 10 arrests. How's that for "context"?
Maybe Fred De LaToast is Pacman's legal counsel.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 07:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's a felony. I think it all came about when someone who was HIV positive was actually charged with attempted murder for spitting on someone.

Jones has HIV?

Big difference spitting on someone if HIV positive and know it making it a felony versus spitting on someone.

I think you are wrong, no felony unless HIV positive and knowingly spit on someone.

But to the OP. I too thin MB and ML are too tolerant. Jones should be gone.

But,I think the Steelers tolerating a multiple accused sexual predator is worse.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
According to the Ohio Revised code it is a 5th degree felony at least it is in some states

But even if it's a misdemeanor it's still punishable by incarceration and a County Jail up to six months and a fine of probably 10 grand
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
HUGE EGOS + NO ACCOUNTABILITY = SAME SHIT DIFFERENT YEAR

[Image: th?id=OIP.Sg3cHqNFrNzfD-5atcaMfQEsDe&pid...=211&h=157]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 07:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's a felony. I think it all came about when someone who was HIV positive was actually charged with attempted murder for spitting on someone.

Trying to infect someone with a deadly decease should be a crime, which is precisely why those with contagious deceases use to be kept isolated from healthy people.

Just spitting at someone is being impolite, and gross. Completely different intent and action though.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing, or purposely avoiding, the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable, in any real way, by the owner or the head coach. So what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things? Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.

Exactly this,

Adam Jones should have been released right after the incident happened. He isn't some 22 year old who got drunk and showed his @$$. This guy has what a dozen arrests ? He's proven he thinks he's above the law and M&M enable him.

Gutless decision and this only contributes to the reason we have zero discipline in big games and will continue to lose as long as these clowns are running the show.
Reply/Quote
What do folks think Marvin should have said?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I wanted to correct something (apologies to Fred) the Ohio Revised Code 2921.30 (E) specifically states that Harassment by bodily fluids does NOT apply to institutions, hospitals, etc only "detention facilities" in which it is 5th degree felony but could be a 3rd felony in some cases. In other states harassment by bodily fluids against healthcare providers is a felony.

Also, Ohio provides "Treatment Intervention in lieu of offense" to avoid felony charges. I believe this is what occurred in Adam's case. If he doesn't follow through with treatment, then he can be charged at a later date.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do folks think Marvin should have said?

"We expect our players to represent the organization and the city better than this"?

But I suppose anything other than "Adam didn't do nuffin" would've been an improvement.

Didn't you want Adam gone yourself? So why defend the defense?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sad 
Yaddi Yaddi Yaddi, same old rhetoric ! Nothing ever changes Same thing happens every year1 NOTHING!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:53 PM)xxlt Wrote: It is being reported that the Pats took Mixon off their draft board. Now, that may be a smoke screen, who knows. But Kraft was quoted as saying, "It is a privilege to play on this team, and when you do certain things you give up that privilege." Too bad that isn't the entire league's stance.

Maybe they learned their lesson with Hernandez. Then again, how wasted was Michael Floyd? I wonder where the Patriot morality line is drawn.

At any rate, I'm so happy I finally decided to stop giving these people my money.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 05:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He will get suspended.

Don't forget, Adam Jones got suspended for 4 games for having an altercation with his body guard. There were no arrests, no charges, nothing. But the NFL cracked down on him.
If you ask me, it's time for the ban hammer to fall on this unrepentant moron.  If ever there was a never learn situation, this is it.  Not because the latest infractions are so severe, but because this clown can't stop ***** up and apparently never will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think what he was talking about was the over-the-top criticism. 

You can not claim the Bengals are a "joke" for not cutting Adam unless you claim that every other team in the league is a joke also.

You can disagree with what the Bengals are doing here, but you can't claim "this is why they lose" or stupid stuff like that when teams all over the league keep players who break the law.

So squeal all you want.  Just, please, look around and get a little context first.

I dunno fred.....the league seems to have moved on from Johnny Manziel, and Greg Hardy after their second chances.  Pacman has NUMEROUS chances.  I have the opinion that we may very well be the only team in the league to put up with this particular player.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Exactly.  We're talking about a guy who is 33 years old, and has been getting in trouble for the better part of two decades. This is a guy who has continually shown he cannot control his actions and will continue to put himself in bad situations.

The part about Jones driving to the hospital to see his newborn baby, and how that was supposed to be something special... so you're telling me him doing what any decent father would do made such an impression on you that you can't hold him accountable for his actions today?
Reply/Quote

Spot on bro, it is the worst, they are enablers. Whatever
Reply/Quote