Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman
(04-01-2017, 01:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Sorry Fred, but this is an asshole statement on your part.  The police were not out of line that night, there are no questions that they abused him or his rights.  If anything, they seemed to show great restraint.

They piled bogus charges on him that are already getting dismissed even before being challenged by the defense.

Is that how you define "great restraint"?  Over charging a defendant to make his bond higher and public embarrassment worse?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  In this instance the cops did a great job and Adam was an idiot.

In this case the police over charged Adam because they were upset and being petty.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They piled bogus charges on him that are already getting dismissed even before being challenged by the defense.

Is that how you define "great restraint"?  Over charging a defendant to make his bond higher and public embarrassment worse?

And Adam did NOTHING to make that worse, eh?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In this case the police over charged Adam because they were upset and being petty.

While also ignoring without Pacmans further antics, this is no where near as big of a deal. Even is the cops were being petty, there's no reason what so ever to act like that being a 30 something year old adult. You go to that station, get a picture, call your lawyer and go home. All this would of been hush-hush after the initial coverage. 

Now, you have continuous releases of video of you in the cruiser going crazy, video of you in a restraining chair and what seems like him spitting. 

You don't put out a fire by throwing gas on it.
Reply/Quote
Not to defend Jones, I'm not, but I have been arrested a few times in my life whilst drunk. Certainly nothing to be proud of, but I do know that when you get arrested the police quite often, in fact in most cases will toss in as many bogus charges as possible hoping that some will stick. 
I had a DUI charge many years ago and at the time had tools in my car. I was charged with multiple counts of possession of burglary tools among several other outrageously false charges. Was I guilty of drunk driving? Absolutely, but the rest of the charges were bullshit and all but thie DUI was dropped because they were just made up. If it had made the news the public would have thought I was the worst criminal since John Dillinger .. This is how our criminal justice system works. First we have the trial of public opinion and then we have the real trial. They almost never match up. 
Here's a good example. Ever notice when someone gets busted for growing marijuana in their yard the police love to claim a street value of a gazillion dollars when they're including the stalks, the roots and even the dirt sticking to the roots ? I'm not a big pot head, but I do know that few, if any people smoke marijuana roots and nobody I know of smokes dirt sticking to the roots. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
All fine if Jones wasn't on his 14th chance. Fool me once on you.... Fool me 14 times!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They piled bogus charges on him that are already getting dismissed even before being challenged by the defense.

Seriously, I often times can't decide if you actually believe the stuff you post or you're just trying to argue.  Either way, have fun leading the "poor Pacman whom the police were so mean to" squad.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In this case the police over charged Adam because they were upset and being petty.

Over charged him?

Adam was the one acting he was still in high school.

The cops did their job and did it with restraint.

Adam should of been home with his wife and child.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Over charged him?

You'd think with his past, and being under the microscope that he'd be the last person still out partying...  yet there he was... like a real dumbass.

Doesn't matter what supposed trumped up charges he had.  He of all people should know to keep it safe and low key.

All of you posters trying to defend this guy keep in mind how many times he's had issues.  Repeat offender even if he skates or gets a plea deal.

He's still putting himself in very stupid situations and is a vet in the league.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You'd think with his past, and being under the microscope that he'd be the last person still out partying...  yet there he was... like a real dumbass.

Doesn't matter what supposed trumped up charges he had.  He of all people should know to keep it safe and low key.

All of you posters trying to defend this guy keep in mind how many times he's had issues.  Repeat offender even if he skates or gets a plea deal.

He's still putting himself in very stupid situations and is a vet in the league.

You know it brother.

You would of thought he would of grown up by now and cared more about his family.

This is what made me shake my head, he doesn't even put his family first.

Let alone the team.

Then M&M defend him, sad.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Over charged him?

No doubt. They should have added aggravated dumbassness as well.

(04-02-2017, 09:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You'd think with his past, and being under the microscope that he'd be the last person still out partying...  yet there he was... like a real dumbass.

Way past the age of knowing what is right and what is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No doubt. They should have added aggravated dumbassness as well.

Way past the age of knowing what is right and what is wrong.

He will never learn it sure seems and i believe in forgiveness.

God don't care who you were, he cares who you are...
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing, or purposely avoiding, the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable, in any real way, by the owner or the head coach. So what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things? Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.

What Mike Brown has done (with this statement) is turn over his responsibility of holding his employees accountable to the League. Mike just can't bring himself to be the leader that makes the hard decisions. The premature baby story is a heart warmer. Part of me sees why Mike has a problem with taking the good life away from this 5 year old child, especially when she did nothing to deserve it. 

Another thing not known is exactly how much Jones figures into the 2017 scheme. Maybe Marvin has told Mike that Jones will be used sparingly (or vice versa), and allow him to play out his contract while providing insurance to the younger players getting a chance that many here clamor for.....which further enables Mike to be passive about this. Regardless, the League and the Court will decide if Jones has had his quota of chances - not Mike Brown or the fans. You know, the tried and true Bengal Way.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:04 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What Mike Brown has done (with this statement) is turn over his responsibility of holding his employees accountable to the League. Mike just can't bring himself to be the leader that makes the hard decisions. The premature baby story is a heart warmer. Part of me sees why Mike has a problem with taking the good life away from this 5 year old child, especially when she did nothing to deserve it. 

Another thing not known is exactly how much Jones figures into the 2017 scheme. Maybe Marvin has told Mike that Jones will be used sparingly (or vice versa), and allow him to play out his contract while providing insurance to the younger players getting a chance that many here clamor for.....which further enables Mike to be passive about this. Regardless, the League and the Court will decide if Jones has had his quota of chances - not Mike Brown or the fans. You know, the tried and true Bengal Way.

I totally agree with what you're saying. But it's not like Jones has been making minimum wage these past 10 years and is going to be standing in the cheese line a week after he's released.

He's a big boy and has crossed the line way to many times. And he's a discipline problem on the field as well as declining in skill set. Mike needs to stand up and say you're not giving my team another black eye !
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I totally agree with what you're saying. But it's not like Jones has been making minimum wage these past 10 years and is going to be standing in the cheese line a week after he's released.

He's a big boy and has crossed the line way to many times. And he's a discipline problem on the field as well as declining in skill set. Mike needs to stand up and say you're not giving my team another black eye !

True, MB should be standing with his team over one player who has had numerous chances to be a better man and has failed.

Sure, be his buddy off the field but this gives the team a terrible image across the league. Don't sacrifice the whole team for one guy.
Reply/Quote
I've never said this but....... I'm ready for Marvin to move on. He'll never admit his mistakes or correct them until it's too late. We've proved we can't win when it counts letting people who can't control their emotions act like idiots, but we keep defending them.

ATleast say he acted like a complete dick but 99% of the time he is a good dude, we will try and help him correct that 1%. Don't say he didn't really do nothing. Stupid message to the team, fans, kids, city, law enforcement officers, etc.....

People are witch hunting PacMan here because Him, Jeremy Hill, and Vontaze couldn't control their emotions and cost us a playoff win. Now he's still doing the same out of control shit.

Sam Wyche might have kept him around but you damn sure better believe he would've told him you act like a dick again and you can take your ass to Cleveland or the unemployment line
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 02:16 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I've never said this but....... I'm ready for Marvin to move on.  He'll never admit his mistakes or correct them until it's too late.  We've proved we can't win when it counts letting people who can't control their emotions act like idiots, but we keep defending them.  

ATleast say he acted like a complete dick but 99% of the time he is a good dude, we will try and help him correct that 1%.  Don't say he didn't really do nothing.  Stupid message to the team, fans, kids, city, law enforcement officers, etc.....

People are witch hunting PacMan here because Him, Jeremy Hill, and Vontaze couldn't control their emotions and cost us a playoff win.  Now he's still doing the same out of control shit.  

Sam Wyche might have kept him around but you damn sure better believe he would've told him you act like a dick again and you can take your ass to Cleveland or the unemployment line

Haha, take your ass to Cleveland. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: Not to defend Jones, I'm not, but I have been arrested a few times in my life whilst drunk. Certainly nothing to be proud of, but I do know that when you get arrested the police quite often, in fact in most cases will toss in as many bogus charges as possible hoping that some will stick. 
I had a DUI charge many years ago and at the time had tools in my car. I was charged with multiple counts of possession of burglary tools among several other outrageously false charges. Was I guilty of drunk driving? Absolutely, but the rest of the charges were bullshit and all but thie DUI was dropped because they were just made up. If it had made the news the public would have thought I was the worst criminal since John Dillinger .. This is how our criminal justice system works. First we have the trial of public opinion and then we have the real trial. They almost never match up. 
Here's a good example. Ever notice when someone gets busted for growing marijuana in their yard the police love to claim a street value of a gazillion dollars when they're including the stalks, the roots and even the dirt sticking to the roots ? I'm not a big pot head, but I do know that few, if any people smoke marijuana roots and nobody I know of smokes dirt sticking to the roots. 

As a fellow law enforcement officer in the state  of California I've never heard of a DUI and then attempting to charge with burglary tools.  We won't go after something as petty since we have the DUI charge already .  We don't just add chargers hoping they "stick" we add what fits the crime .  Sometimes it's just a charge or other times it's 4 or 5.   Unless it's a slam dunk case the DA won't pursue the case and I would say 65% of all cases get dropped for numerous reasons .  DA won't touch , they want their 90% win percentage  .   And most of the time we won't charge for public intoxication we just arrest until they sober up and don't press charges on them and 849pc them. You must have been a real ass for them to even charge you.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 11:15 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote:  You must have been a real ass for them to even charge you.

So you admit that police charge people based on their attitude instead of the actual facts.

That is exactly what happened here with Adam.  Boguis charges based on his attitude instead of what he actually did.

Stay classy Po Po.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you admit that police charge people based on their attitude instead of the actual facts.

That is exactly what happened here with Adam.  Boguis charges based on his attitude instead of what he actually did.

Stay classy Po Po.

You will be happy to know that video has surfaced with his actual arrest and you may be onto something 
Reply/Quote