Lions win
17.24%
10 17.24%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions Game Prediction Thread
Lions win 28-27... Evan blows it again....
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:46 PM)Tony Wrote: Lions win 28-27... Evan blows it again....

A McPherson hater now after a missed 49 yarder?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31, Lions 18

Defensive line needs to get after Goff in this one. I think we’ll get some turnovers that help put offense in scoring position.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A McPherson hater now after a missed 49 yarder?

Don't forget the 1 from 57 and the chipshot he missed against Jacksonville....

They drafted a kicker because he kicked a ball and knocked a Gatorade cap off a bottle after probably 50+ attempts.. Typical Bengals.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Don't forget the 1 from 57 and the chipshot he missed against Jacksonville....

They drafted a kicker because he kicked a ball and knocked a Gatorade cap off a bottle after probably 50+ attempts.. Typical Bengals.. 

You are really going to expect a kicker to make a 57 yarder?
Not me.

As for JAX, what "chip shot" are you referring to?
He hasn't missed anything under 40 yards.
Anything over 40 is not a "chip shot."

If you're going to criticize McPherson for missing a FG against JAX that didn't determine the outcome and criticize him for missing a 57 yarder (which most kickers don't even have the leg to make), you have to give him credit for getting the game winner against MIN.

McPherson may not be perfect, but he's better than what they had (Bullock).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You are really going to expect a kicker to make a 57 yarder?
Not me.

As for JAX, what "chip shot" are you referring to?
He hasn't missed anything under 40 yards.
Anything over 40 is not a "chip shot."

If you're going to criticize McPherson for missing a FG against JAX that didn't determine the outcome and criticize him for missing a 57 yarder (which most kickers don't even have the leg to make), you have to give him credit for getting the game winner against MIN.

McPherson may not be perfect, but he's better than what they had (Bullock).
I'd rather kept Seibert and draft a good player, not a bad kicker...

He does fit in though.. Celebrating a miss is classic Bengals... That one will haunt for a while..
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:02 PM)Tony Wrote: I'd rather kept Seibert and draft a good player, not a bad kicker...

He does fit in though.. Celebrating a miss is classic Bengals... That one will haunt for a while..

You're not likely to get a "good" position player in the 5th round. It's usually just a ST person or career backup, so McPherson is contributing (far) more than a different position player selected in the 5th round.

As for Seibert, he kicked the same number of FGs for Cincy as McPherson has - 8. He made 6, but 5 of the 6 were from 39 or less, and the other was 48. He's only ever made 2 of 5 50+ yarders in his career.

So I think you're being a little too harsh on a kicker who has only ever played 5 NFL games and attempted 8 kicks, but you do you.
I still take McPherson over both Bullock and Seibert.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ugh this McPherson convo is cringy…

1) he’s won two games on his leg, he’s lost one. He’s done more good than bad at this point.

2) it’s not like Mason Crosby missing 4 FGs makes him terrible either… good kickers have bad days. Oddly enough both guys did today, makes you wonder about the conditions.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be close but my prediction is that win or lose it won’t matter.
The nose dive is coming regardless of what happens in Detroit. They are not on the same level as the Ravens/Browns/Chargers etc.

Some of you are happy that they were close yesterday even though GB tried multiple times to give this game to the Bengals. They just wouldn’t take it. The HC actually ran plays to set his rookie K up for a 57 yard FG. That’s a special kind of stupid.
Win or lose I am not going to entertain the thought of them being good until they beat a team that is actually a playoff contender.

Bengals 21-20
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ugh this McPherson convo is cringy…

1) he’s won two games on his leg, he’s lost one. He’s done more good than bad at this point.

2) it’s not like Mason Crosby missing 4 FGs makes him terrible either… good kickers have bad days. Oddly enough both guys did today, makes you wonder about the conditions.

Get back to me when he blows a couple more games... Kickers have 1 job and all we heard is how strong his leg is. I guess they should've cared more about accuracy.. he's made 1 kick out of his Last 4... not good..
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24 - Lions 13
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:21 PM)Tony Wrote: Get back to me when he blows a couple more games... Kickers have 1 job and all we heard is how strong his leg is. I guess they should've cared more about accuracy.. he's made 1 kick out of his Last 4... not good..

If he blows a couple more games then you’ll have a great case. Until then, so what? As of now he’s won 2 games and lost 1. Don’t leave the game in a kickers control.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Bengals 24 - Lions 13

This...

Cause you know?... 25 points is a lot to ask for some reason. I think we give em a beating though. Sewell vs Hendrickson should be fun too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lions win 28-14.

I’m not kidding. They’re much better than their record indicates. Unlike Jax, they’re behind their HC.
Reply/Quote
This game will be a struggle 50/50 chance of winning.
Reply/Quote
We're beating Lamar and dem boyz the following week too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We better be ready… Lions are going to be playing hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Campbell is a miracle worker even if the Lions never win a game this year. They're at least competitive for the first time in living memory.. If they ever win their division title Campbell will be more popular in Detroit than Henry Ford ever was.. I'm predicting a win for us, but nothing else good will come of the game. I fear we may have multiple injuries by halftime..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 08:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Campbell is a miracle worker even if the Lions never win a game this year. They're at least competitive for the first time in living memory.. If they ever win their division title Campbell will be more popular in Detroit than Henry Ford ever was.. I'm predicting a win for us, but nothing else good will come of the game. I fear we may have multiple injuries by halftime..

The turf in Detroit has always been so kind…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Same thing I said for the game against the Packers: McPherson for the game-winning FG
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote