Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, what I called week 1, and now here we are! Zampese better figure it out.
(09-11-2016, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet you never complain about them when they do cost us, but just show up out of the blue to whine after one of the best games ever by a Bengal OC.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Rolleyes

Re-read my edited post above, and I was active on the old board before they shut it down. 
Reply/Quote
My edited post.... I apologize for the negativity.

No, not a troll just a lifelong Bengals fan that has been through it all, and some of the little things I saw today are some of the "little things" that ALWAYS end up costing us. Bottom line is this, I probably shouldn't of went to the forum with this, but I wanted to see if my circle of friends was alone in our concerns watching that last drive, etc. After all it is ALWAYS better to learn after a win, than it is a loss, I'm sure Zampese will watch the tape and see some things he could of done to help out relieving some of that pressure, and maybe reconsider those 2 plays on that final drive. WHO DEY!!! Sorry I brought negativity to the board, I love the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why go to Uzi when AJ Green is open every play?
 Green bought Revis Island, built a theme park on it, named it AJ's World, then made Darrell wear a Tiger costume and take pictures with the children at the front gate. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:01 PM)740Bengal Wrote: some of the little things I saw today are some of the "little things" that ALWAYS end up costing us. 

You may not be a troll, but yuou clearly do not understand the meaning of the word "always".

You just think you are right.  I think you are wrong.  There is no way to prove who is right.  If you were as smart as you think you are you would be making a lot of money coaching football.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:48 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I understand that, but the thing is, these are things that OC's at the high school level usually figure out within a drive. 

Maybe you should email him!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It's Hue jockeying for his job back after Cleveland steals his soul.

Just kidding man. You have a small point but it's pretty nitpicky. Once again we needed to get into field goal range, burn clock, and not risk getting put backwards. Zamp gave them two opportunities to accomplish all of those.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't want to come on here and be a "negative nancy" but I think Zampese needs to figure some things out.  For example, why not utilize the screen game EARLIER in the game to avoid some of that pressure Dalton faced all day.  My biggest gripe is that last drive, after Nugent just missed the 52 yard fg we run 2 vanilla sweep plays that I felt were just terrible calls in that situation, as if Nugent was a 100% guarantee from that distance, we are lucky AJ Green and Dalton bailed the coaching staff out, but then again that is usually the case, our players having to overcome terrible coaching to find a way to win games.  Marvin Lewis the king of the first drive timeout(watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  Overall, GREAT win, glad we got it done, but clock management and those 2 awful run calls just about cost us on that final drive.  Go Bengals!

Don't forget that these were a reason NY had less than a minute and no timeouts left when they got the ball back.  I thought it was time for the oline to step up, and unfortunately, they didn't. 
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson couldn't have handled the last two minutes of the game as well as Ken Zampese did. That was brilliant.
Reply/Quote
I feel I have made myself out to be a "jack wagon" Lol. I regret this post, but nonetheless.. Go Bengals, only thing that matters now is that it is Pittsburgh week!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson couldn't have handled the last two minutes of the game as well as Ken Zampese did.  That was brilliant.

The drive at the end of the first half was even better 12 plays, 82 yards in 3 minutes FG with 0:00 left on the clock.

But, yeah, a high school coach would have been able to do better against an elite NFL defense. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I too hated two running plays in a row in that situation. But let's face it, the coaches and this team trust nugent and he proved why today. He struck the ball perfectly and left no doubt the moment it left his foot. So I really can't complain too much about how they chose to manage those last few plays before the Fg.

And speaking of field goals, how about that one right at the end of the half? Very reminiscent of the game last y at in Seattle. That is not easy to do. So props to special teams and props to nugent.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The drive at the end of the first half was even better 12 plays, 82 yards in 3 minutes FG with 0:00 left on the clock.

But, yeah, a high school coach would have been able to do better against an elite NFL defense. Hilarious

I wasn't saying that.. I was saying that adjustment is usually seen earlier.  But hey, I've already admitted this is a dumb thread, that I should of never started.  It's Pittsburgh week now! 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:45 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I woulda ran it twice too.  We needed to run that clock down and Jeremy Hill looked to be heating up

I would have run Hill between the tackles, or off read options, not have him run parallel to the LOS. His strength is going north sout. You want to run those sweeps, use Gio.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't want to come on here and be a "negative nancy" but I think Zampese needs to figure some things out.  For example, why not utilize the screen game EARLIER in the game to avoid some of that pressure Dalton faced all day.  My biggest gripe is that last drive, after Nugent just missed the 52 yard fg we run 2 vanilla sweep plays that I felt were just terrible calls in that situation, as if Nugent was a 100% guarantee from that distance, we are lucky AJ Green and Dalton bailed the coaching staff out, but then again that is usually the case, our players having to overcome terrible coaching to find a way to win games.  Marvin Lewis the king of the first drive timeout(watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  Overall, GREAT win, glad we got it done, but clock management and those 2 awful run calls just about cost us on that final drive.  Go Bengals!

So please give us your resume to be a NFL coach like Zampese.. do you really think every play call is going to work out or be great also.. do you really think they said hey lets run two plays and lose 4 yards to setup a longer field goal.. maybe the Jets called the right stunts etc.. maybe we did not block it well etc....

You can;t just predict a pass, also look at it this way.. we had been sacked 7 times already, you can't say we could not have been sacked if we would have thrown the ball... 

Lets play it your way with a twist, I am so pissed that after gaining zero yards at the Jets 12 yard line late in the 3rd quarter that Zampese called for another run on 2nd and 10 to Hill and they scored on the play , what the hell was he thinking, he should have passed for a incompletion.... 

The offense under his play calling racked up over 425 yards and beat a good team at their house... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So please give us your resume to be a NFL coach like Zampese.. do you really think every play call is going to work out or be great also.. do you really think they said hey lets run two plays and lose 4 yards to setup a longer field goal.. maybe the Jets called the right stunts etc.. maybe we did not block it well etc....

You can;t just predict a pass, also look at it this way.. we had been sacked 7 times already, you can't say we could not have been sacked if we would have thrown the ball... 

Lets play it your way with a twist, I am so pissed that after gaining zero yards at the Jets 12 yard line late in the 3rd quarter that Zampese called for another run on 2nd and 10 to Hill and they scored on the play , what the hell was he thinking, he should have passed for a incompletion.... 

The offense under his play calling racked up over 425 yards and beat a good team at their house... Who Dey
Good Point, on that Hill TD. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:28 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Good Point, on that Hill TD. 

sorry i came out a bit harsh on the resume thing.. I have coached not at NFL level but at other levels not too far off.. so I can be a bit harsh on the coaching and play calling since I have experienced what I thought was a good call go bad for a variety of reasons sometimes out of my or another coaches control.. I just know this is not like Madden Football, it is a human game with human mistakes and lets be honest skill and luck mixed iN when you call plays on either side of the ball.

and finally I agree it is now on to Pittsburgh.. well almost how about a win by the Redskins first...  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  how about a win by the Redskins first...  Rock On

Jay Gruden.  .  .  . from Arena League to Head Coach of an NFL playoff team in 5 year.

A lot of people say it was all because of his brother, but if John had that much pull with NFL teams Jay would not have had to work in the Arena League in '09 and '10.

Go Slurs!!!!! 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:08 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I feel I have made myself out to be a "jack wagon" Lol.  I regret this post, but nonetheless.. Go Bengals, only thing that matters now is that it is Pittsburgh week!

Actually this thread is a perfect example of the internet disease.

You stated your position is such an extreme absolute fashion that I reacted more to the tone of your argument than the substance.

I had actually been a bit worried about the quality of our receiving corps in this game.  So I was also expecting to see Gio used a lot more in the passing game.  But when it didn't happen I didn't call Zampese stupid for not doing what I thought would work better.  

And we still used a ton of screens.  They were just all to the WRs.  One of the sacks looked like it was a RB screen but I don't remember which back was in on that play.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually this thread is a perfect example of the internet disease.

Says a chimp with a gun.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The drive at the end of the first half was even better 12 plays, 82 yards in 3 minutes FG with 0:00 left on the clock.

I love that they had the discipline to get that FG off with something like 9 seconds on the clock, but I was wondering why they simply didn't run up and clock it?  It was third down, I believe? 

Regardless, it was very close to being a TD and Boyd probably thought he could slip past the defender and score. 
Reply/Quote