Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, what I called week 1, and now here we are! Zampese better figure it out.
(09-12-2016, 12:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually this thread is a perfect example of the internet disease.

You stated your position is such an extreme absolute fashion that I reacted more to the tone of your argument than the substance.

I had actually been a bit worried about the quality of our receiving corps in this game.  So I was also expecting to see Gio used a lot more in the passing game.  But when it didn't happen I didn't call Zampese stupid for not doing what I thought would work better.  

And we still used a ton of screens.  They were just all to the WRs.  One of the sacks looked like it was a RB screen but I don't remember which back was in on that play.

It was actually my beloved TE screen to Uzomah, but it was over his head.  I think Gio will be a big factor against Pitt. 

I haven't looked at the coach's clips yet, but I wonder if the two early plays to Uzo changed the Jets alignment which opened up a lot of short stuff for Green.  Regardless, I thought in week 1, Zamp had a solid gameplan and they will be that much better in pass pro and scheme to protect Dalton next week
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I no longer walk this one back, I was right from the beginning, this guy is awful.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:14 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I no longer walk this one back, I was right from the beginning, this guy is awful.

Is he awful when Andy Dalton misses a wide open Tyler Boyd running down the middle of the field and instead throws a little swing pass that only gains a couple yards?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
can we get some A. Dalton designed rollouts and see what he can do? also can someone teach him to pump fake?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 07:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: can we get some A. Dalton designed rollouts and see what he can do? also can someone teach him to pump fake?

He was doing it quite a bit last year, I've seen a few this year, but we're seeing a lot of pressure this year.  A pump fake could result in a sack.  I like the rollout idea....we've done a few, and they've been somewhat successful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: He was doing it quite a bit last year, I've seen a few this year, but we're seeing a lot of pressure this year.  A pump fake could result in a sack.  I like the rollout idea....we've done a few, and they've been somewhat successful.

Every roll out i have seen ends in an incompletion pretty much. Dalton throws the ball away.

Dalton does pump fakes all the time, don't know what Reuben is talking about.

Need to get some TE screens going, automatic first down. Do these early in the game against the Pats and it will give
the TE some confidence. Also need more quick Slants to our Receivers that will take the pressure off of our terrible OL.

Then open up the run game with Hewitt at H-back. This has been atleast somewhat successful, don't know why Zamp
does not do what has been successful. This is my complaint, if the OL is so bad why not adjust to help them?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every roll out i have seen ends in an incompletion pretty much. Dalton throws the ball away.

Dalton does pump fakes all the time, don't know what Reuben is talking about.

Need to get some TE screens going, automatic first down. Do these early in the game against the Pats and it will give
the TE some confidence. Also need more quick Slants to our Receivers that will take the pressure off of our terrible OL.

Then open up the run game with Hewitt at H-back. This has been atleast somewhat successful, don't know why Zamp
does not do what has been successful. This is my complaint, if the OL is so bad why not adjust to help them?

Wasn't that what we did when he hit AJ on the deep ball against MIA, or was that a scramble, don't remember.

I also seem to remember a rollout very early in a game that resulted in a good gain.  As I said, somewhat successful, because, like you say, he has thrown more than a few as well.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wasn't that what we did when he hit AJ on the deep ball against MIA, or was that a scramble, don't remember.

I also seem to remember a rollout very early in a game that resulted in a good gain.  As I said, somewhat successful, because, like you say, he has thrown more than a few as well.

I missed quite a bit of the Phins game, naturally it was our only dominating performance lol

Dalton is good with this pass it just seems our receivers have not gotten open much with it this year, but i think
it was the Pitt game where we got a play deep on a rollout, not sure right now. Still have the torturous Dallas
game in my head. Gotta get that thing out, destroyed me a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I missed quite a bit of the Phins game, naturally it was our only dominating performance lol

Dalton is good with this pass it just seems our receivers have not gotten open much with it this year, but i think
it was the Pitt game where we got a play deep on a rollout, not sure right now. Still have the torturous Dallas
game in my head. Gotta get that thing out, destroyed me a bit.

I hear ya brother.  I haven't been watching them as intently this year, that's for sure.  My memory is a tad sketchy on this, to be sure.  I'm still battling those 2015 playoff game demons man....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is he awful when Andy Dalton misses a wide open Tyler Boyd running down the middle of the field and instead throws a little swing pass that only gains a couple yards?

Running right down the middle of the field, while Dalton is running for his life to the left. Stupid Dalton, why didn't you grow eyes on the sides and back of your head? Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's his first year for crying out loud!!!!

If it was his first year in the NFL that'd be understandable...it's not though. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Running right down the middle of the field, while Dalton is running for his life to the left. Stupid Dalton, why didn't you grow eyes on the sides and back of your head? Ninja

on that particular play Andy had great protection he just missed him it happens I can't complain about Andy he's been our most consistent player thus far
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 07:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I haven't looked at the coach's clips yet,

You need to call the Coach's Hotline!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Running right down the middle of the field, while Dalton is running for his life to the left. Stupid Dalton, why didn't you grow eyes on the sides and back of your head? Ninja

Wrong. Dalton was staring right at Boyd and didn't pull the trigger for whatever reason, though he had time to. With his front eyes!  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the Homer coach's hotline Nately lmao Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong. Dalton was staring right at Boyd and didn't pull the trigger for whatever reason, though he had time to. With his front eyes!  Cool

Andy "One-Read-And-Run" Dalton
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:32 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Andy "One-Read-And-Run" Dalton

Jordan Fred and the boys do not tolerate ANY disparaging comments about our lord and savior dalton.  Football competence or otherwise.   Best cloak those remarks or you'll be strung up around here. 
Reply/Quote
Zampese figure it out!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:57 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Zampese figure it out!

I will say it again...

Slant, Screen and Seam routes will open up this Offense.

Hope Zamp is thinking the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: (watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  

Fail.
Reply/Quote