Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like whit is coming back
Andrew Whitworth - T - Bengals
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Bengals will re-sign free agent LT Andrew Whitworth.
Beat reporter Paul Dehner suggests it's already a done deal. Whitworth is the best tackle available in free agency. Re-signing Whitworth means free agent RG Kevin Zeitler likely won't be back.
Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter Mar 1 - 5:04 PM

Cautiously optimistic here but it looks like we have some good news! Jim O was on with Mo Eggar today and it sounds like they are trying to sign dre, Brandon and Rex, but it's up to Rex if he wants to be here in in maybe a role less than what he wants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rather have Zietler back if we have to chose 1

overally would rather like to have both back

But this isn't a time to complain if this is true
Reply/Quote
Awesome. Although the excuse that this means we can't resign Big Z is BS
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton right now after realizing Ogbuehi won't block his blindside:
[Image: SnoopyDance.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 09:53 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Andrew Whitworth - T - Bengals
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Bengals will re-sign free agent LT Andrew Whitworth.
Beat reporter Paul Dehner suggests it's already a done deal. Whitworth is the best tackle available in free agency. Re-signing Whitworth means free agent RG Kevin Zeitler likely won't be back.
Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter Mar 1 - 5:04 PM

Cautiously optimistic here but it looks like we have some good news!  Jim O was on with Mo Eggar today and it sounds like they are trying to sign dre, Brandon and Rex, but it's up to Rex if he wants to be here in in maybe a role less than what he wants.
Good news. I think the FO could sign Zeitler too if they really wanted to. Personally I would like to see Rex be used a LOT more than he is. But it is Marvy and Mikey as usual.
Reply/Quote
Great news but not getting my hopes up until it's official. The Shaun Rogers debacle taught me to be careful about getting my hopes up with this team #neverforget
Reply/Quote
Good news if it goes through, Whit is a good dude.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Who Dey

One of my all-time favorites.
Reply/Quote
Any chance they draft a center in Round 2?
Reply/Quote
Be careful of fake news. I will believe it when the Bengals officially announce Whit is coming back. I wonder what he will get. My gut tells me $20 million for 2 years.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 11:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great news but not getting my hopes up until it's official. The Shaun Rogers debacle taught me to be careful about getting my hopes up with this team #neverforget

Lol no shit. Now let's get a damn Center......
Reply/Quote
Good news... Sign Mangold and there is a bunch of OGs available to replace Z at a much cheaper price....Strengthen the OL and draft defense....2 top defensive players in the draft plus Billings and WJIII coming back will be like having 4 top talent players going into training camp on defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:24 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Good news...  Sign Mangold and there is a bunch of OGs available to replace Z at a much cheaper price....Strengthen the OL and draft defense....2 top defensive players in the draft plus Billings and WJIII coming back will be like having 4 top talent players going into training camp on defense.

Or 1 Nick Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 10:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Awesome. Although the excuse that this means we can't resign Big Z is BS

Ditto this. Whit was on the same line that gave up 41 sacks last year. Not saying it's Whit's fault. Just saying that while signing Whit is a good start, it doesn't fix the line. Nor does letting Z walk. They have much work left to do. Btw, I take signing Whit again as an admission that Ogbuehi is a flop.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Would have been so disappointed if Whit did not finish out career as a Bengal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ditto this. Whit was on the same line that gave up 41 sacks last year. Not saying it's Whit's fault. Just saying that while signing Whit is a good start, it doesn't fix the line. Nor does letting Z walk. They have much work left to do. Btw, I take signing Whit again as an admission that Ogbuehi is a flop.

Without a doubt. That had to kill Mikey to basically admit that.  If he really is signed. Im sure the plan was to let Whit walk and resign Zeitler. Or move Whit to LG and slide Boling to RG. Who knows with PA that may be the plan still.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 01:01 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have been so disappointed if Whit did not finish out career as a Bengal.

Same here. I'd like to think the Brown family's sense of commitment to players who show commitment had something to do with it. Of course, we know that's not always true. And we can only hope that they don't show too much loyalty to some rather dead weight on the roster. Still, that helps us in the draft. We don't desperately need to find a replacement for Whit right away. We don't know if Ced O. will be ready to go. He damn sure wasn't last year. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ditto this. Whit was on the same line that gave up 41 sacks last year. Not saying it's Whit's fault. Just saying that while signing Whit is a good start, it doesn't fix the line. Nor does letting Z walk. They have much work left to do. Btw, I take signing Whit again as an admission that Ogbuehi is a flop.

The thing to remember about those 41 sacks is a LOT of them came over LG, C and RT. Whit had his usual outstanding year. Boling was ok but injury hampered. Bodine and Og were utter disasters. 
Reply/Quote
Phew.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 02:11 AM)Joelist Wrote: The thing to remember about those 41 sacks is a LOT of them came over LG, C and RT. Whit had his usual outstanding year. Boling was ok but injury hampered. Bodine and Og were utter disasters. 

Oh I wasn't blaming Whit. I actually emphasized that I know it's not Whit's fault. I'm just saying that while I'm relieved Whit will be back, it's hard to get overly excited when - as of now - it looks like we'll return the same line that allowed 41 sacks, sans Zeitler (our 2nd best lineman).

Like I said, they have a lot of work to do yet. Namely replacing the C and figuring out solutions at RT and apparently also RG. It currently looks like a giant mess...even with Whit on board.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote