Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou is staying!!!! Cardinals choose Gannon
(02-14-2023, 04:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Deo Gratias!

AMEN!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Just makes the eventual exodus worse. 

No negative vibes!   At least for today.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 06:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone keeps acting like 57 is ancient. It's not that old. 

Agreed.   It's the quality and relevance of the thinking that is key - and how he builds and relates to his players.

Of course I'm 70 and still scared about the topic of "new math"
Reply/Quote
Lots to digest here. First, glad Lou is staying. Sad that he didn’t get the AZ job as I think he’ll make a great HC. AZ is a dumpster fire. But, if they were successful, they wouldn’t be looking at a HC opening.

I hope that Brown gave him a nice raise, as he seems to do that to the people in the organization he likes. Plus, the Bengals in general are as loyal to their own people as a hound is to its family.

As far as age is concerned, I guarantee if the Bengals win the SB next season, Lou, Pitcher and Callahan will be gone…recruited for other HC positions.

Bienemy? Who the hell knows. Bottom line, his best shot at a HC position was when he interviewed here. He played here, so probably had a leg up on the other competition as a result. But, if he couldn’t secure our HC position, I doubt seriously he’ll get any other HC position (save for an interim job). We’ll never know why. Just that he can’t close the deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:04 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha even I think that’s not the case. Don’t know the answer. I think Lou’s age hurt him and Brian not calling the plays hurt him with the Colts. Like I’ve told you he had a great shot at Arizona. Since he knows Kliff pretty well maybe some of the dynamics there bothered him.

Love the humor.   I think that in all the cases our coaches were highly regarded and considered, but both teams had their marks before going in.   Sounds like it was pretty close for Lou.   I think he's definitely gone next year if we have another run at the championship.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 09:22 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Sadly no different than any other organization.  New toys are brought in and given leadership positions that they are not in any way qualified for.  The rest of the organization suffers due to their lack of experience and bad decision making.  

The only difference in the NFL is instead of eventually getting fired they leave themselves to screw up yet another organization.  Gone are the days of rising through the ranks and bringing the knowledge with you which benefits others and makes for a more productive org.  For every Zac Taylor there are generally twice as many Kliff Kingsbury's and the reason there are so many openings every year.  

And you have to acknowledge the ownership here for giving Zac the time to build his team.   I was all on board with "the guy doesn't have it and needs to go" camp.  And I was totally wrong.   I see growth every year both by him and his staff.  If we can have a productive offseason in free agency and the draft - making quality decisions - there is a good probability of running the table in 23.

Never been so excited about a Bengals team.  And both the 81 team and the 88 team were exciting.  Shoot the 2005 team was exciting!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Me too.  I'm back to "win it all or ya blew it" mode now.

Same lol  Hilarious

Good times. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s coach speak. Why woulda coach ever voice any criticisms for any player/team coach to the media or public? You’re a dense one, aintcha?

And with this rape allegations, he’s gonna have a hard time finding a hc gig. It’s apparent you don’t care

Forgot about the rape allegations with EB, that is a big deal.

Completely agree on that being coach speak with Andy Reid as well.

(02-14-2023, 11:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd be pretty shocked if he ever got serious consideration for a HC job. 

Yeah, that and him butting heads with his 2 best offensive players a bit kind of takes him out of consideration.

Would hope the stealers went for him... Ninja

(02-14-2023, 11:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is only one conclusion to none of our coaches being hired at higher positions... they simply are not that good.

This obviously shows us that Zac Taylor puts both sides of the ball on his back and carries this coaching staff.

How dare some of you criticize this man who obviously does it all.....  keep up the good work Zac.

LMAO!!! I like the sarcasm Casear.  Smirk

(02-15-2023, 12:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Might be a little if both. I don’t think Lou’s age has anything to do with it. I heard several times that he just didn’t interview well, rubs some people the wrong way or do I’ve heard. Brian, who knows. Not calling plays may be the reason but I’m just glad we keep both so Burrow and the D can just focus on getting better instead of having to learn a new system. It’s a good day.

Lou is a bit of a hard ass, personally I like that to a point. That does rub some the wrong way. Sure is a good day in Bengal land.
Reply/Quote
Brian Flores just said he turned it down. I know of one other ( it’s not Lou). Between management/ownership and Kyler tough situation
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 05:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Brian Flores just said he turned it down. I know of one other ( it’s not Lou). Between management/ownership and Kyler tough situation

Who turned what down??

One other what?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Flores "turning it down" (if you believe that) would/should hurt his lawsuit so not sure if him saying that is all that great from a legal standpoint.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 05:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who turned what down??

One other what?

I know of another coach who said no to Arizona besides Flores and it was not Lou I’m referring to.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 06:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Flores "turning it down" (if you believe that) would/should hurt his lawsuit so not sure if him saying that is all that great from a legal standpoint.

Except he took a job.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 06:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except he took a job.

Not a HC job which is what the lawsuit is about. So if he turned a HC job down.... Just to sue for not getting a opportunity others got to be a HC? Seems like it would hurt his case.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 07:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not a HC job which is what the lawsuit is about. So if he turned a HC job down.... Just to sue for not getting a opportunity others got to be a HC? Seems like it would hurt his case.

I’d have to more about his case.

Reply/Quote