Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louisville Will Erupt!
(09-28-2020, 08:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's not the same as racial profiling.  Implicit bias can account for such a disparity with out any knowledge on the part of the officer engaged in it.  Also, four years ago.

It is the very definintion of racial profiling.

When black people are racially profiled by law enforcement they don't care if is implicit bias or not.  It is still wrong and law enforcement has to do something to stop it.

To them there is plenty of proof that police act in racist manner.  And there is plenty of proof that in may cases the racial profiling has been POLICY.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Seven years ago.  That is a nice bridge between 35 and 3.

This is getting silly.

Show me the proof you have to back up your claim that police are not currently racial profiling.

I have shown MANY examples over MANY years.  There is ZERO proof that it no longer happens today.

In fact the way law enforcemnent officers deny racial profiling in the face of such overwhelming clear evidence to the contraray is one of the mainreasons that minorities find them so untrustworthy.  The officers in denial are proof that the protestors have a point.  

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a prpoblem, and too many law enforcement officers are still in denial.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is the very definintion of racial profiling.

Now you've demonstrated that you both don't know what racial profiling is but also don't know what implicit bias is.

Quote:When black people are racially profiled by law enforcement they don't care if is implicit bias or not.  It is still wrong and law enforcement has to do something to stop it.

If it's implicit then it's not racial profiling.  Racial profiling is the intentional targeting of someone by their ethnicity.

Quote:To them there is plenty of proof that police act in racist manner.

Some of them are right and most are full of crap.  I know your side of the aisle believes in feelings trumping facts, but no thank you.  Just because you feel something doesn't make it true.

Quote:And there is plenty of proof that in may cases the racial profiling has been POLICY.

Sure, from thirty-five years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, from thirty-five years ago.

"Sure, there is proof that it happened continuosly for 33 years from 35 years ago, but everyone shold just believe us when we say it is not happening now.  I mean who are you going to believe, the same guys who denied it for 33 years while it was going on or the claims of some minorities?"
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting silly.

Conversations with you frequently do and it crosses the spectrum of respondents.

Quote:Show me the proof you have to back up your claim that police are not currently racial profiling.

Yet another far left liberal unfamiliar with logic. 

Quote:I have shown MANY examples over MANY years.  There is ZERO proof that it no longer happens today.

Falling back on the anecdotal now, are we?

Quote:In fact the way law enforcemnent officers deny racial profiling in the face of such overwhelming clear evidence to the contraray is one of the mainreasons that minorities find them so untrustworthy.  The officers in denial are proof that the protestors have a point.  

You haven't proved anything and neither have they.

Quote:The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a prpoblem, and too many law enforcement officers are still in denial.

Or, too many LEO's don't engage in that practice for you to justify the claim that they do.  Quite the catch 22 you've set up there for us.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Sure, there is proof that it happened continuosly for 33 years from 35 years ago, but everyone shold just believe us when we say it is not happening now.  I mean who are you going to believe, the same guys who denied it for 33 years while it was going on or the claims of some minorities?"

Calm down, you're getting angry and not making much sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Now you've demonstrated that you both don't know what racial profiling is but also don't know what implicit bias is.

If it's implicit then it's not racial profiling.  Racial profiling is the intentional targeting of someone by their ethnicity.

Implicit bias is still bias.

And it is still based on race.

And it is still wrong.

And as long as law enforcement continues to claim it is not happening or it is not a problem there will be problems dealing with minorities.

You can't say racial profiling is okay just because the racism is so deeply ingrained in police that it is unconscious.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Calm down, you're getting angry and not making much sense.

What makes no sense is claiming that 33 years of history is meaningless just because you say so.

BTW where is that proof to back up your claim that there is no longer any racial profiling?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or, too many LEO's don't engage in that practice 

Link?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Implicit bias is still bias.

And it is still based on race.

And it is still wrong.

It's also subconscious and people are unaware they are doing it.

Quote:And as long as law enforcement continues to claim it is not happening or it is not a problem there will be problems dealing with minorities.

Everyone has implicit biases.  We receive training to understand that and be mindful of when they may be coming into play.  

Quote:You can't say racial profiling is okay just because the racism is so deeply ingrained in police that it is unconscious.

Again, you don't know what racial profiling is if you think it can occur via implicit bias.  It's difficult having a conversation with someone who doesn't understand the foundation of the topic.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes no sense is claiming that 33 years of history is meaningless just because you say so.

I never said it was meaningless.  I said, correctly, that it didn't refute my original point.

Quote:BTW where is that proof to back up your claim that there is no longer any racial profiling?

Yup, because such proof is impossible, Logic 101 and all.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

OMG, my sides!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 06:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sole witness who claimed police announced themselves changed his story.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sole-witness-heard-cops-announce-215316031.html

Ballistics report doesn’t support KY AG’s claims.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v7gw7y/initial-police-report-didnt-conclude-breonna-taylors-boyfriend-shot-a-cop-in-the-leg

And now this:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now I can finally go back to my original comment.

Based on this argument the fact that not every black person in the south was lynched proves that the KKK was not racist.

Your logic fails because you are talking about the reason Floyd was taken down instead of the fact that he was choked to death after he was taken down.  The question is not if Chauvin would have taken sown a white person on that situation.  The question is if he would choke a whiote person to death who was begging for his life.

So we know that Floyd's failure to follow instructions was a factor in his death; we can only race bait and speculate it was because he was black.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we know that Floyd's failure to follow instructions was a factor in his death; we can only race bait and speculate it was because he was black.

To be fair, that officer put all kinds of extras on that situation which is the reason Floyd died.  There's literally no defending what he did, not that you where, but that's what caused the death.  No amount of FFI justifies that officer's response.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To be fair, that officer put all kinds of extras on that situation which is the reason Floyd died.  There's literally no defending what he did, not that you where, but that's what caused the death.  No amount of FFI justifies that officer's response.

No one can dispute that. It's why I said "a factor" instead of "the cause". The idiot officer was the cause. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:BTW where is that proof to back up your claim that there is no longer any racial profiling?

Yup, because such proof is impossible, Logic 101 and allSmirk

If it is possible to prove that profiling occurs or has ever occurred, e.g., 35 years ago,

then it should be possible to show that it has stopped now, if it has.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:11 PM)Dill Wrote: No. Magical thinking 101.

If it is possible to prove that profiling occurs or has ever occurred, e.g., 35 years ago,

then it should be possible to show that it has stopped now, if it has.

Dear god.  Don't be so keen to leap to your buddies defense that you forget how to read.  I've been asked to prove a negative, is this possible?

Please don't bother with a long winded response.  Succinct and to the point please.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god.  Don't be so keen to leap to your buddies defense that you forget how to read.  I've been asked to prove a negative, is this possible?

Please don't bother with a long winded response.  Succinct and to the point please.

Lol that's not a negative. And yes, it is possible to "prove a negative" if the claim is sufficiently circumscribed.

If that weren't possible then induction--science--would not be possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Lol that's not a negative.

Proving something doesn't exist is not proving a negative?  OK, we're done.  Yawn
Reply/Quote