Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt Weighs 300lbs
Apparently he got away from his olympic-style power lifting regimen in previous years. Now he is back on it. And is getting all jacked up. He is listed at 6'8" 290lbs. So 300lbs really isn't too crazy. It just sounds crazy to have a 6'8" 300lbs DE who is a superb athlete.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22578/undefined

Come on Margus. We need you man. Sure would be nice if he became the player we were all hoping for this year.
Reply/Quote
Talk about BEEF. Him and Hardison would both be around Geno's weight if not heavier. Perhaps we're in for some more 3-4 looks or db blitzes this year. It looks like the line has Dunlap, MJ, and then a ton of DTs lol.
Reply/Quote
He's going to return kicks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not too interested in Hunt's weight. I'm more interested in when he's going to start being a decent NFL player.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Scale5.jpg][Image: Drago.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good he needs too,we drafted this guy in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
If only raw strength was the issue.

This is basically the same thing as the Cordarrelle Patterson report that he now has a ripped 8 pack.
Reply/Quote
This is the make or break year for Margus Hunt. I wish him the best, but he needs to really show something this training camp.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how weighing more will make him faster and able to bend more....

Maybe a role change.

Also maybe the lack of developing Hunt and others is what got Hayes moved on to Tampa....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 09:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure how weighing more will make him faster and able to bend more....  

Maybe a role change.  

Also maybe the lack of developing Hunt and others is what got Hayes moved on to Tampa....

Speed has never been Hunt's problem, it's uncanny how a man that big can move that fast. I'm glad he's doing what he knows works for him, it'll perhaps give him some confidence, which I think has been his main problem. If he just goes into pre season throwing people around like rag dolls, hopefully he can carry that into the regular season and become a force in the DL rotation....
Reply/Quote
Maybe if he lifted a playbook instead of a barbell he could contribute. I don't care if the guy is ripping telephone books in half, he hasn't figured out how to play football. Which is what he's getting paid to not do.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe if he lifted a playbook instead of a barbell he could contribute. I don't care if the guy is ripping telephone books in half, he hasn't figured out how to play football. Which is what he's getting paid to not do.

Or learn some pass rush moves other than a bull rush. I know this is an exaggeration, but he doesn't seem to consistently win with any other pass rush move.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe if he lifted a playbook instead of a barbell he could contribute. I don't care if the guy is ripping telephone books in half, he hasn't figured out how to play football. Which is what he's getting paid to not do.

You can't teach desire and that is what Margus is missing. He is a track meet athlete who was somwhat forced into a football position. It was a nice story that didn't pan out. I just don't think he really desires to be the next great football star. His family and friends at home don't even care for football... Said he was ruining his life by playing it when he was drafted lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:15 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You can't teach desire and that is what Margus is missing. He is a track meet athlete who was somwhat forced into a football position. It was a nice story that didn't pan out. I just don't think he really desires to be the next great football star. His family and friends at home don't even care for football... Said he was ruining his life by playing it when he was drafted lol.

The biggest cliche in sports is judging someone's "desire" unless you are in their head you have no idea. The fact the guy puts in work in the off season means he has some sort of desire, because there are plenty of NFL players who get to the NFL and don't do much in the off season as they have "made it".
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 09:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure how weighing more will make him faster and able to bend more....

Maybe a role change.

I always thought with his height and power he be good to push up the middle as a DT. takes away the middle lanes just by putting his hands up..

And not as far to go to get to the QB leverage might be an issue there though
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: The biggest cliche in sports is judging someone's "desire" unless you are in their head you have no idea. The fact the guy puts in work in the off season means he has some sort of desire, because there are plenty of NFL players who get to the NFL and don't do much in the off season as they have "made it".

Not true. I think it was easy for people to see Haynesworth didn't have much "desire" at a certain point.

I loved the kid all the way up till we picked him. Then watched an interview where he hesitated on choosing between track and football. Made it sound like, football was his fallback plan, and if he could go back to track he would. That's where I began to question his desire.

Just cuz a guy works in the offseason doesn't mean he has football desire either, guy has been in shape his whole life, what else is he gonna do?

Opinions are opinions, but in my opinion he isn't as dedicated to the game as many of the other NFL players are.
Reply/Quote
[Image: photoshopped-muscles-fail.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was surprised he made the cut last year. He'll be hard to make the roster this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 09:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Also maybe the lack of developing Hunt and others is what got Hayes moved on to Tampa....

At 6'8", 290 is not that thick at all.  He should have gained this weight (if it muscle and not just "weight") after his rookie season.

I always had my doubts about the way the Bengals handled their D-line, but I don't know how much was on the D-line coach, the DC, or even Marvin.  

They moved Geather around almost every year early in his career.  He was effective as a 265 rush end, but in 2 years they had him bilked up to 280 and taking snaps at DT.  And they switched him back and forth from LDE to RDE.

They stunted Michael Johnson's career development for a couple of years by trying to use him as a DE/LB hybrid.  he is another guy who should have added all that bulk after his rookie season.

Now I feel they are doing the same thing with Hardison.  He needs to be concentrating 100% on playing inside at DT.  He is not as fit for a 4-3 DE.  I only hope that if they are using him as a DE it will be in a 3 front instead of a 4.
Reply/Quote
Getting in the backfield and manhandling OL has never been his issue.

Love his ceiling but my only knock on him is that he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct to finish plays.

He looks great getting there but gets lost when the kill shot moment arrives.
Reply/Quote