Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt Weighs 300lbs
(05-13-2016, 02:52 AM)Housh Wrote: Soooo how does this help him be a better football player? He was already strong as hell. Now he's slower.....sweet

I think he's hoping to get strong enough to just punch the ground and create small, disruptive earthquakes that scatter offensive lines. You don't have to be fast when you can just Hulk Smash them from 5 yards away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 02:52 AM)Housh Wrote: Soooo how does this help him be a better football player? He was already strong as hell. Now he's slower.....sweet

Hope he's been learning technique this offseason  and not just beefing up

That seems like such a muscle head solution to problems too lol

"I'm not good at NFL so I must beef up"

Lol, no need to worry about excessive "beefing" with the program he's doing.  Olympic style lifting is all about power, speed, and technique.  Olympic lifts prepare the body for explosive bursts.  The body control required to execute Oly style correctly, can only benefit his football technique training.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 02:29 PM)tigerseye Wrote: When I watch Margus, he looks to me that he is keeping everything at arms length, reacting and following.

He hasn't figured out the phyical rip through violence part of the game.

It's a violent game , he should be out there ripping through and trucking people.

It's like he is thinking to much.

It's simple:

1 Get by the fat arse in front of you, by any means necessary.

2 Find the ball.

3 Knock the sh$t out of whoever has it.

4 Tell them to eat sh$t.

5 Get up. (as your getting up fart on them if you can)

6 Go back to your side of the ball.

7 Do it again.

There you go. Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice post lol

Hunt also needs to learn how to bend like Dunlap does. Hunt stands up straight and that neutralizes his strength.
Reply/Quote

Hope he's been learning technique this offseason
 and not just beefing up

That seems like such a muscle head solution to problems too lol

"I'm not good at NFL so I must beef up"
That was the whole point of the article about him and Green
Reply/Quote
Certainly thought Bengals would have at least gotten a few blocked kicks out of Hunt by now.

Hopefully he turns the corner in camp. If not it may be time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 08:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Certainly thought Bengals would have at least gotten a few blocked kicks out of Hunt by now.

Hopefully he turns the corner in camp. If not it may be time.

I don't see a lot of hope for this guy.  I think it's his head.   I watched him last season and he would start to get some pressure going and then would not finish.  He just doesn't have the "want to".   Opposing tackles easily just ride him around the pocket.  If he starts to win against that there is no escalation in his rush.   He just does not seem to have the need to put the QB on the ground.   Same thing with Clark.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil will get Margus Hunt to have 15 sacks this year.
Reply/Quote
The fact that Hunt is doing extra things to improve his game shows that he realizes he needs to step it up. I suspect he will be much better this year....
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 11:33 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nick Vigil will get Margus Hunt to have 15 sacks this year.

Margus Hunt will only get 5 sacks this year, but all of them will be the result of Vigil hurling Margus Hunt at QBs instead of running them down.
Reply/Quote