Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt very under the radar pick
(12-23-2020, 04:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's a Stooler fan trolling this board, Don't give him the attention.

The IGNORE feature is your friend.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 04:30 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Poe, Jernigan, few more.   All Younger and more productive than Hunt 

....but Poe was cut in Dallas for "being overweight and lackluster performance". Doesn't sound like much of an improvement. However, I get what you're saying about what the Bengals do. I would agree with that. Still doesn't mean Hunt hasn't at least played decent this time around.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:43 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Because the Bungles are a laughingstock organization, and they should explore OTHER options instead of the same, safe,  familiar losers they have already seen play miserably.   Internal Mgmt nepotism and fan-attachment to any player with Cincy history is so hilarious.   Reds/Bengals alike, lets bring back Peko, Hunt, Bronson, Cozart, etc, etc, etc.  

All of you are lemmings. 

The only lemming around here are the haters who have no clue what they are talking about other than "Everything Bengals do is a joke".

These are the type of morons who think Donterio Poe's 7 games with the Cowboys ( 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 PDs) has been more productive than Hunts 7 games with the Bengals (1 sack, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits, 2 PD). Hilarious

Life must be very simple when you don't have to deal with reality and instead just claim the Bengals are worst at everything.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only lemming around here are the haters who have no clue what they are talking about other than "Everything Bengals do is a joke".

These are the type of morons who think Donterio Poe's 7 games with the Cowboys ( 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 PDs) has been more productive than Hunts 7 games with the Bengals (1 sack, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits, 2 PD). Hilarious

Life must be very simple when you don't have to deal with reality and instead just claim the Bengals are worst at everything.

Poe is 3 years younger

And had 2.5x the career sacks than hunt, 3x career tackles, and 2x career qb hits.  LOLOL

And we want the retread loser cut by 2 teams cause he's 'familiar' 

What a hilarious group of bengal lemmings
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:46 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Poe is 3 years younger

And had 2.5x the career sacks than hunt, 3x career tackles, and 2x career qb hits.  LOLOL

I think that what people are looking at is what Hunt has done this year for this team, and not what his past career has looked like.  Pulling in Poe's career numbers isn't really relevant if he's dipped this year.  Would he have come in and made more of an impact that Hunt has made?  

I don't like the retreads when it comes to coaches or just falling back on a guy because it's easy.  But I've got no issues with them bringing Hunt in this year.  He's not an All Pro sure, but he's done fine coming in and filling a gap.  I don't know what any of that has to do with Bengals fans being lemmings.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:46 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Poe is 3 years younger

See what I mean?  Hunt has out played Poe but the Bengals are stupid to sign Hunt over Poe because everyone knows that on-filed production does not matter as much as the age of the player and what he did in the past.  

Just for all of you who missed it the first time 

(12-23-2020, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Donterio Poe's 7 games with the Cowboys ( 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 PDs)

Hunts 7 games with the Bengals (1 sack, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits, 2 PD). Hilarious 

But Wire22Wire is such a hater lemming that in his world Poe is playing better than Hunt.   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:50 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote:   Pulling in Poe's career numbers isn't really relevant if he's dipped this year. 

Nothing matters to the hater lemming other than the fact that Hunt used to be a Bengal and Poe did not.  Those guys don't care about facts or reality.  All that matters is hating on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 06:50 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think that what people are looking at is what Hunt has done this year for this team, and not what his past career has looked like.  Pulling in Poe's career numbers isn't really relevant if he's dipped this year.  Would he have come in and made more of an impact that Hunt has made?  

I don't like the retreads when it comes to coaches or just falling back on a guy because it's easy.  But I've got no issues with them bringing Hunt in this year.  He's not an All Pro sure, but he's done fine coming in and filling a gap.  I don't know what any of that has to do with Bengals fans being lemmings.  

But what about Dunlap?

He dipped then he’s been productive post Cincy.

Poe has way more Upside than hunt. Jernigan even more than both of hunt/poe
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:37 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: But what about Dunlap?

Poe has way more Upside than hunt.  Jernigan even more than both of hunt/poe

Back many moons ago when I worked a high school job in a restaurant, this guy who was a scam artist came in and made off with about $100 from my register by asking for change and constantly changing what he wanted and what he was talking about.  15-year old me took the bait and lost the restaurant money.  This reminds me of that.  Dunlap has exactly zero to do with this conversation.  Poe has zero to do with this conversation.  The entire thing was predicated on the fact that Hunt quietly came in and has made some level of difference and it's been nice having him here for a little disruption and to fill a gap in the lineup.  

If you want to talk about what-ifs and woulda/coulda/shoulda, by all means be my guest, but I'm not taking the bait and continuing on with this.  You're trying to make a point that keeps changing and isn't even what we were talking about.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:37 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: But what about Dunlap?

Poe has way more Upside than hunt.  Jernigan even more than both of hunt/poe

Don't deflect to "what about Dunlap".  You've been ragging on the Bengals for picking up Hunt, for next to nothing, and he's done quite well with the opportunity.  Several have pointed out the flaws in your logic, and your only response is to "change the channel"?

If you don't start backing up some of your absurd claims and thoughts with some info that makes actual sense, folks are going to start thinking that you're a straight up troll, and maybe not even a fan.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:47 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Back many moons ago when I worked a high school job in a restaurant, this guy who was a scam artist came in and made off with about $100 from my register by asking for change and constantly changing what he wanted and what he was talking about.  15-year old me took the bait and lost the restaurant money.  This reminds me of that.  Dunlap has exactly zero to do with this conversation.  Poe has zero to do with this conversation.  The entire thing was predicated on the fact that Hunt quietly came in and has made some level of difference and it's been nice having him here for a little disruption and to fill a gap in the lineup.  

If you want to talk about what-ifs and woulda/coulda/shoulda, by all means be my guest, but I'm not taking the bait and continuing on with this.  You're trying to make a point that keeps changing and isn't even what we were talking about.  

Ah... The old short change hustle. When I was at Ohio State, there were a few guys that did that at most of the establishments up and down High St... I'd forgotten about that til just reading your post.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:37 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Poe has way more Upside than hunt.  Jernigan even more than both of hunt/poe

Hunt's play has been far superior to Poe.

Jernigan is a bum who has been cut by two different teams this year and can't even get on an NFL roster.

Silly hater lemmings continue to live in make believe land where facts and reality don't matter.  Lalala
Reply/Quote
I think Margus
Hunt was a terrible pick when
we made it many years
ago.

But now that he's back he's
playing very well and I hope he's
brought back
next year
At least for rotational depth. He's not a
starter
but he's a very useful guy to have on a team. Especially
when we're trying to block field
goals.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not particularly so anymore. This is his 8th season in the NFL, so next year will be his 9th. He played in college for 4 years, too.

12 years going on 13 of College/Pro football is plenty of wear and tear to worry about a guy heading into his age 34 season.

Is it the wear and tear of training or the wear and tear of playing?

Because he's played less than 2,500 snaps in those 8 years in the Pros. Sam Hubbard is at nearly 2,000 and he hasn't yet completed his third season.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not particularly so anymore. This is his 8th season in the NFL, so next year will be his 9th. He played in college for 4 years, too.

12 years going on 13 of College/Pro football is plenty of wear and tear to worry about a guy heading into his age 34 season.

Seeing how he's only had full time starter snaps for one full season as a Pro, I'd say he still has some tread left on the tires.

2479 Defensive snaps and 1114 STs snaps.  2018 being his full time where he saw 69% of defensive snaps (724)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt is a terrible football player

He is a dumpster dive, scrap heap, former failed bungle who they just had to have back, instead of doing real work and trying to find talent elsewhere.

Cheap, Easy, Comfortable, little work needed - The Bungle Way, and the fans just eat it up. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 01:09 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Margus Hunt is a terrible football player

He is a dumpster dive, scrap heap, former failed bungle who they just had to have back, instead of doing real work and trying to find talent elsewhere.

Cheap, Easy, Comfortable, little work needed - The Bungle Way, and the fans just eat it up. lol

This post might’ve been valid six years ago. I’m not saying the “Eastern Block” is a long term answer in Cincinnati but watching him bat down even one Ben Roethlisberger pass generates emotions of extreme satisfaction.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 01:09 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Margus Hunt is a terrible football player

Bengal front office was much smarter than you.  Don't see how yoy can be critcal when your suggestions suck much worse than Hunt.

Everytime you come back to post in this thread you look more stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 01:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This post might’ve been valid six years ago. I’m not saying the “Eastern Block” is a long term answer in Cincinnati but watching him bat down even one Ben Roethlisberger pass generates emotions of extreme satisfaction.

A few plays doesn’t change that he’s a very bad football player
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 05:44 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: A few plays doesn’t change that he’s a very bad  football player

Yes it does. Very Bad players do nothing. He has done something. Therefore, he's officially been dubbed mediocre. 

Reply/Quote