Poll: Should the team cut Mark Walton for his off-the-field arrests and behavior?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Walton Arrested
well well seems he has issues

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/18/mark-walton-was-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-january/
Reply/Quote
Tobin really needs to get his act together as the GM.
this team has missed out on the playoffs 3 straight years
the Bengals very little room for margain of error
on draft day.
drafting guys like Walton who didnt even dominate in college is not how you build a playoff roster.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 04:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That shouldn't be an excuse, if it is, then it's pretty poor. He's not the only person that has ever had parents taken from his life. 

Pretty much.....I've known kids with pretty rough upbringings that made something of themselves, others that got on the wrong side of the law, etc. I never discriminated based on home life or economics when it came to who I hung out with, it came down to character and trust.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to feed your family or pay a bill.  That said, every damn one of them would just move the car to avoid any actions involving police.....I mean.....just move the damn car, guy.  Sheesh!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tobin really needs to get his act together as the GM.
this team has missed out on the playoffs 3 straight years
the Bengals very little room for margain of error
on draft day.
drafting guys like Walton who didnt even dominate in college is not how you build a playoff roster.

He rushed for 1117 yards on 5.3 ypc as a Sop. He had 15 TD's.

As a Junior, he was averaging 7.6 ypc when he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
he was a reach and honestly you could have got him undrafted.
half the Bengal nation went "huh" when he was drafted.
including me. just because Tobin had 58 5th draft pick like he loves to accumalate doesnt mean you approach it like you can throw it away. RB wasnt a need especially with Hill and Carson still around.
I expect this year Tobin to draft the injuried WR from Idaho A&M this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote:  honestly you could have got him undrafted.

No you could not.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 01:46 PM)McC Wrote: But..but...I'm in the NFL and you're not.

Reply--maybe not any more, dude.

Well the XFL / AAF needs players....
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, this was his 2nd arrest this offseason.  He was caught with a bag of pot in January.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/18/mark-walton-was-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-january/

Did not know that.  Was it reported at the time?

Now, we wait and see what Mike the redeemer will do.  Will he give him the Adam Jones thousand foot rope o the Logan Woodside one strike and you're out?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Pretty much.....I've known kids with pretty rough upbringings that made something of themselves, others that got on the wrong side of the law, etc. I never discriminated based on home life or economics when it came to who I hung out with, it came down to character and trust.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to feed your family or pay a bill.  That said, every damn one of them would just move the car to avoid any actions involving police.....I mean.....just move the damn car, guy.  Sheesh!

Yep. Plenty of people with a good home life turn out bad and vice versus. It's a personal thing.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He rushed for 1117 yards on 5.3 ypc as a Sop. He had 15 TD's.

As a Junior, he was averaging 7.6 ypc when he got hurt.

Red flag. Why does a guy come out early after being injured most of the year? And before anyone points out Nick Bosa I'll say it right now that I wouldn't spend the #1 overall pick on Bosa for the injury reason, but I would use a 1st because he has such high production in a big time school.

Walton on the other hand, is 5'9" and runs a 4.59 40. That's not an NFL RB size or speed you want. Too small, too slow. Now he's too likely to be in jail.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 08:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Walton on the other hand, is 5'9" and runs a 4.59 40. That's not an NFL RB size or speed you want. Too small, too slow. 

Gio Bernard is only 5'8" and ran a 4.53.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio Bernard is only 5'8" and ran a 4.53.

that class was very deep RB wise. and Bernard was a rated consistantly as a 2nd or 3rd RD pick.
James.White was in that draft...Rex Burkhead..Mike Gillisee...LeVeon Bell.....Kadeem Carey...Kenjan Barner
Gio I think was the 2nd back tsken overall at 37 or 38 whatever the Bengals selection was.
and Gio had a good rookie year. 
the ability he showed at Carolina he showed with Cincy.
Walton showed me nothing.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: he was a reach and honestly you could have got him undrafted.
half the Bengal nation went "huh" when he was drafted.
including me. just because Tobin had 58 5th draft pick like he loves to accumalate doesnt mean you approach it like you can throw it away. RB wasnt a need especially with Hill and Carson still around.
I expect thisTobin to draft the injuried WR from Idaho A&M this year.

i don;t think some more experienced experts on NFL would agree with you that he was a total reach or going undrafted

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/2/17302204/nfl-draft-2018-todd-mcshay-mark-walton-bengals-best-value-pick

https://caneswarning.com/2018/04/25/where-is-miami-hurricanes-rb-mark-walton-projected-in-nfl-draft/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mark-walton?id=32462018-0002-5600-31f4-cfeb568d66bc 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 09:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i don;t think some more experienced experts on NFL would agree with you that he was a total reach or going undrafted

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/2/17302204/nfl-draft-2018-todd-mcshay-mark-walton-bengals-best-value-pick

https://caneswarning.com/2018/04/25/where-is-miami-hurricanes-rb-mark-walton-pr8ojected-in-nfl-draft/

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mark-walton?id=32462018-0002-5600-31f4-cfeb568d66bc 
I was unaware draft experts like McShay were right all the time.
The fact is hes a draft bust and a failure by Tobin.....much like Willis Ogebuhi Fisher 
whats the point in drafting a clone of Gio Bernard when you already have him.on the roster?
and the 4th RD never the less when you could have drafted another of need ?
RB wasnt a need in the 4th RD.
Reply/Quote
We have a better chance of getting good picks by paying off a patriot informant for their draft pick list than relying on Tobin.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio Bernard is only 5'8" and ran a 4.53.

And what exactly has Gio done over his career? I know he's a favorite of a number people, but I've never liked that pick. He lost his starting job to Hill who lost his to Mixon.

Gio was the first RB taken in the 2013 draft. We passed on Le'Veon Bell.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 11:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And what exactly has Gio done over his career? I know he's a favorite of a number people, but I've never liked that pick. He lost his starting job to Hill who lost his to Mixon.

how msny offensive coordinators has Gio.played under?
Gruden 
Jackson
Zampese 
Lazor 
and now Taylor coming up.
Gio was very productive under Gruden and Jackson.
Oh BTW Lazor and Zampese are no longer calling plays in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: how msny offensive coordinators has Gio.played under?
Gruden 
Jackson
Zampese 
Lazor 
and now Taylor coming up.
Gio was very productive under Gruden and Jackson.
Oh BTW Lazor and Zampese are no longer calling plays in the NFL.

Irrelevant! He was the wrong pick. 

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Irrelevant! He was the wrong pick. 

Under proper playcalling, Bernard has done exactly what he was selected to do, be a change of pace back with hands coming out of the backfield.

He was NEVER the starting RB to lose the job.  Green-Ellis was the starter, and Hill was picked to replace him.  Not only has he not been utilized properly the last few seasons, he's had to block more than release to become a target due to piss poor pass pro.  Bernard has excelled in that role, and never complained once about a lack of touches or anything remotely close to what LeVeon Bell has done in regards to being a diva and distraction.

Gotta disagree, he was a good pick, and it's not his fault that horrible playcalling (Zampese) and a porous oline has diminished his numbers. Also, in 2017, behind a terrible oline, Gio's YPC was nearly a full yard better than Joe Mixon's.

Walton was also a good player during his time at Miami, but was a luxury pick when the team needed linemen worse.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Cut this turd yesterday
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote