Poll: Should the team cut Mark Walton for his off-the-field arrests and behavior?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Walton Arrested
I don't know if he has any trade value. Like maybe a 6th rounder or something. That's more than just dumping him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mark Walton was not a reach; nor was he a luxury pick. He was in on 93 offensive snaps this year and 193 Special Teams snaps. We were parting ways will Hill and there was no guarantee Mixon was going to rebound from a season, in which, he averaged 3.5 YPC. Now folks can say he's a bust all they want, but let's take off the hindsight glasses.

Before anyone chimes in and says "I never wanted him" it doesn't matter. The consensus was he was a good pick. Hell if they'd listened to me in the dreaded mock, we'd have selected Phillip Lindsay in the 7th.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:43 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Cut this turd yesterday

"Hello everyone, I'm Zac, the new head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, here to make needed changes to the team..........*whispers* with Mike Brown's permission." Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mark Walton was not a reach; nor was he a luxury pick. He was in on 93 offensive snaps this year and 193 Special Teams snaps. We were parting ways will Hill and there was no guarantee Mixon was going to rebound from a season, in which, he averaged 3.5 YPC. Now folks can say he's a bust all they want, but let's take off the hindsight glasses.  

Before anyone chimes in and says "I never wanted him" it doesn't matter. The consensus was he was a good pick. Hell if they'd listened to me in the dreaded mock, we'd have selected Phillip Lindsay in the 7th.

In light of this development I do feel better about drafting running backs in all my latest mock drafts now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
of all the rookie RBs drafted in the AFC North
Walton performed the worst.

Samuels ...Chubb ...and that running back named Gus who stepped all over the Bengals they all outplayed Walton.
Reply/Quote
Mark Walton is this years Orson Charles.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mark Walton was not a reach; nor was he a luxury pick. He was in on 93 offensive snaps this year and 193 Special Teams snaps. We were parting ways will Hill and there was no guarantee Mixon was going to rebound from a season, in which, he averaged 3.5 YPC. Now folks can say he's a bust all they want, but let's take off the hindsight glasses.  

The only reason it was a luxury pick is because we needed linemen, not because of his projection or talent.  There were 2 other RB on the roster in Carson and Hill that were at least serviceable. Then there was Ole'hi and Fisher at T.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: The only reason it was a luxury pick is because we needed linemen, not because of his projection or talent.  There were 2 other RB on the roster in Carson and Hill that were at least serviceable. Then there was Ole'hi and Fisher at T.  

The 4 olinemen selected after Walton had 0 snaps combined last year. You have to go to one picked after our 5TH round to find one that got snaps
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 4 olinemen selected after Walton had 0 snaps combined last year. You have to go to one picked after our 5TH round to find one that got snaps

Yea but you have to question if any of those that didn't get snaps would have if all they had to do was supplant Redmond or Hart ?
Reply/Quote
What is it with NFL players and parking spots?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/19/former-colorado-player-tj-cunningham-fatally-shot-in-dispute-over-parking-spot/23672642/
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Under proper playcalling, Bernard has done exactly what he was selected to do, be a change of pace back with hands coming out of the backfield.

He was NEVER the starting RB to lose the job.  Green-Ellis was the starter, and Hill was picked to replace him.  Not only has he not been utilized properly the last few seasons, he's had to block more than release to become a target due to piss poor pass pro.  Bernard has excelled in that role, and never complained once about a lack of touches or anything remotely close to what LeVeon Bell has done in regards to being a diva and distraction.

Gotta disagree, he was a good pick, and it's not his fault that horrible playcalling (Zampese) and a porous oline has diminished his numbers. Also, in 2017, behind a terrible oline, Gio's YPC was nearly a full yard better than Joe Mixon's.

Walton was also a good player during his time at Miami, but was a luxury pick when the team needed linemen worse.

I will admit that the play calling has been bad and probably because of the horrible OL, as you mentioned. However, he wasn't the best back in that draft.

Bell is a diva and might very well have become one here as well or maybe not. Pittsburgh is manufacturing divas right now.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 09:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I was unaware draft experts like McShay were right all the time.
The fact is hes a draft bust and a failure by Tobin.....much like Willis Ogebuhi Fisher 
whats the point in drafting a clone of Gio Bernard when you already have him.on the roster?
and the 4th RD never the less when you could have drafted another of need ?
RB wasnt a need in the 4th RD.

So now he is a draft bust, first he was going to go undrafted or it was a reach pick.. you seem to change your story once I put a multiple links to show those experts that follow the players and have a bit more resources than us. saw him as a solid player.

As for a bust.. you can;t say that at all.. He was behind Mixon and Gio... Gio could be gone after this year so nothing wrong with depth.   1 year playing does not mean a bust..

I can understand maybe we should have looked somewhere else but overall most observed this pick as a very good value pick in the 4th round.  
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: On battery charges.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/16/bengals-rb-mark-walton-arrested-on-battery-charge/

A reach and unnecessary pick to begin with.

saw in a previous post about tez, if that happens I would love him to be on this staff,dude knows the game and he will probably end up at the raiders,as he will be a good linebackers coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:05 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: saw in a previous post about tez, if that happens I would love him to be on this staff,dude knows the game and he will probably end up at the raiders,as he will be a good linebackers coach.

Would he, though?

Most of what was best about him was instinct that probably can't be taught.  Not to mention, he would have to spend a whole lot of time teaching how to not do what I did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think you'd have to say, at the bare minimum, this guy is on shaky ground, Bengal future-wise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: The only reason it was a luxury pick is because we needed linemen, not because of his projection or talent.  There were 2 other RB on the roster in Carson and Hill that were at least serviceable. Then there was Ole'hi and Fisher at T.  

I really liked carson and hill,both performed much better than Walton and never got into trouble during off season.What is going on with all these goofy players always into trouble,our bengals have had so many bad dudes over the years.Gives a terrible image of us,for sure.Its no wonder no one wants to come here.This idiot should have been vetted a whole lot better,Mr Duke Tobin.Who picks these guys ??????? Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 4 olinemen selected after Walton had 0 snaps combined last year. You have to go to one picked after our 5TH round to find one that got snaps

That's the benefit of hindsight.....but at the time he was picked, RB was not a need.  Oline was, and still is, which was the point.  I wasn't upset with the pick, FWIW, just felt there were more pressing needs.  

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 03:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I will admit that the play calling has been bad and probably because of the horrible OL, as you mentioned. However, he wasn't the best back in that draft.

Bell is a diva and might very well have become one here as well or maybe not. Pittsburgh is manufacturing divas right now.

Good point about the draft, and the rest.  I think, overall, Bell is the better player for sure, but he's missed some time due to injuries, pot, and now this....so his value has been diminished a tad.  

In that draft, we could have had Ertz or Kelce over Eifert.  We picked Hunt ahead of Kelce, Keenan Allen, Alex Okafor, Honey Badger, Larry Warford, Brandon Williams, etc.  Yikes!

Now there was a reach.....Margus Hunt.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's the benefit of hindsight.....but at the time he was picked, RB was not a need.  Oline was, and still is, which was the point.  I wasn't upset with the pick, FWIW, just felt there were more pressing needs.  

You forgot to add, "Just move the damn car, geez"!!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So now he is a draft bust, first he was going to go undrafted or it was a reach pick.. you seem to change your story once I put a multiple links to show those experts that follow the players and have a bit more resources than us. saw him as a solid player.

As for a bust.. you can;t say that at all.. He was behind Mixon and Gio... Gio could be gone after this year so nothing wrong with depth.   1 year playing does not mean a bust..

I can understand maybe we should have looked somewhere else but overall most observed this pick as a very good value pick in the 4th round.  

I said yep he would have been undrafted. 
he was a reach pick in rd 4. 
if was taken in rds 5 6.7 then yeah its not so bad.
but in rd 4.....you can a atarter or a solid contributor in rd 4.
look around the league.
I saw nothing special in him in his body of work. 
when Gio was out he did nothing to justify his 4th rd selection.
Hill and Carson were better RBs in preseason. 
but since he was drafted in RD 4. and he failed to make plays..HES A BUST. 
the Bengals could have a signed a undrsfted college RB and 
got the same production.
sorry but Tuke Dobin cant afford to miss on even 4th Rd picks
Reply/Quote