Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Loses Control Of His Team Again
First in 05 and now tonight. This guy will most certainly get an extension as a result. Has anyone EVER and I mean EVER seen a coach lose control of his team in the playoffs before?

I looked at my son after the game and said " I honestly don't know why us Bengal fans put ourselves through this"

I really don't....
Reply/Quote
Not just that but the lack luster performance in the 1st half also. Marvin has to go. IMO this was the worst playoff lost to date. Freakin pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Marvin should have been fired 10 years ago . This franchise will never go anywhere with him
Reply/Quote
This is not a fluke, it's a trend. Marvin has done some good work in the regular season, but he can't coach up his team for the big games. Look at the Cards and Broncos games. Look at the last 2 Steelers games. We have a better roster than the Steelers, yet they came to our house twice in it mattered most and ate our lunch.

That's all Marvin.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
La Canfora is reporting keep an eye on Guenther. Bengals don't want to lose him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Why not? We'd be better off with every single coach gone.
Reply/Quote
It is time for Marvin to go. I would even say make him GM, but I doubt MB will do that. Time for a no BS coach to take over while we still have talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: Why not? We'd be better off with every single coach gone.

Darrin Simmons too?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:32 AM)GodFather Wrote: First in 05 and now tonight. This guy will most certainly get an extension as a result. Has anyone EVER and I mean EVER seen a coach lose control of his team in the playoffs before?

I looked at my son after the game and said " I honestly don't know why us Bengal fans put ourselves through this"

I really don't....

Yep and honestly this game could not have gone worse for him. If the backup QB loses in a straight up game people would have forgiven him. But to lose control of the team like that and give the game away was just the worst possible outcome for Marvin Lewis. There will be calls for his head now and rightly so.

Esaiasan and Cowher both put this on Marvin's head BTW and questioned if he should be the head coach. It's started already.

Mike Brown needs to talk with Hue about staying and taking over.

Reply/Quote
This isn't going to be a popular statement.
But I think Lewis stays.
I think after that meltdown nobody signs our coaches this year.
Lewis built this team.
It's like when the Bills lost 4 superbowls in a row.
The team was great.
It was because of their coach and GM.
But those same guys couldn't win when it mattered most.
Polian did win one with the Colts, eventually.
Who knows what happens with Marv and this team.
It's definitely dramatic....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:55 AM)Krumie Wrote: It is time for Marvin to go.  I would even say make him GM, but I doubt MB will do that.  Time for a no BS coach to take over while we still have talent.

Coughlin would be my choice, he still wants to coach and is a no BS guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Coughlin would be my choice, he still wants to coach and is a no BS guy.

I agree. If they do go looking for a new coach. Coughlin is probably tops, then maybe Hue
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Coughlin would be my choice, he still wants to coach and is a no BS guy.

Interesting choice that I didn't think of. I actually like the idea.

Reply/Quote
I lost my cool too and I'm a pretty fair dude when it comes to sport.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I cried, a lot
Reply/Quote
It's obvious we're going to fire Marvin, the only question is are we hiring Bruce Coslet or Dave Shula to replace him?
Reply/Quote
we'll keep marvin and lose our O and D co-ordinators. plain n simple. just adds to the shitty feeling we already have.
Reply/Quote
We won't fire him, we won the division and 12 games.

Not even this, this atrocity, will change Mike's thought process.
Reply/Quote
Until Mikey Boy kicks the bucket, this team is cursed.

[Image: cursed_zpsijxcuk59.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict's passion for the 'kill', and Jones passion for having the last word clearly were not the actions of players who had the team's best interests at heart. It seems that way to me anyway. While Hill's fumble started the nightmare, all everyone else had to do was stay out of trouble - just don't risk any mistakes. I don't know how Marvin prevents those two loose cannons from doing what they did short of not playing them. They just removed all doubt from my mind that they cannot be counted on doing the right thing all of the time. Their bad just out-weighed their good tonight.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote