Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone convince me to stay
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Well only one that can convience you is you...

There are plenty of teams to root for...

Or College football is a good place to go.
Reply/Quote
They say Philhos, that it's easier to beat an addiction if you do it with a friend. I'm here to help you for a little while. I have found myself caring to much about this team lately, more than I have in the last 20 years. I will go with you till the end of the combine without seeing or reading anything Bengals related.
Reply/Quote
Well moving on from Paul Alexander sure is a damn good start. Sure helped me have some hope. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Well after much thought and to the surprise of probably no one, I'm not going anywhere. I realized this morning that I've been a Bengal fan for over 25 years. As much as I want to switch teams, I just can't. Merv being back sucks, for sure, but I managed to survive the 90s, I can survive this. It may take until Mike Brown shuffles off this mortal soil (God rest his soul), but by God we're going to win a Super Bowl SOME day and I will be PROUD to have been a fan through the worst this team can throw at its fans.

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH? CAN YOU SHOW ME THE MONEY? CAN I GET A WITNESS? HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Because you're a Bengals fan...no other reason
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well after much thought and to the surprise of probably no one, I'm not going anywhere. I realized this morning that I've been a Bengal fan for over 25 years. As much as I want to switch teams, I just can't. Merv being back sucks, for sure, but I managed to survive the 90s, I can survive this. It may take until Mike Brown shuffles off this mortal soil (God rest his soul), but by God we're going to win a Super Bowl SOME day and I will be PROUD to have been a fan through the worst this team can throw at its fans.

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH? CAN YOU SHOW ME THE MONEY? CAN I GET A WITNESS? HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?

Your next chance before the Parole Board is only 2 years away.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well after much thought and to the surprise of probably no one, I'm not going anywhere. I realized this morning that I've been a Bengal fan for over 25 years. As much as I want to switch teams, I just can't. Merv being back sucks, for sure, but I managed to survive the 90s, I can survive this. It may take until Mike Brown shuffles off this mortal soil (God rest his soul), but by God we're going to win a Super Bowl SOME day and I will be PROUD to have been a fan through the worst this team can throw at its fans.

Good man. This world needs more people like you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:49 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Its character building so stick with it ThumbsUp

Personally once I've chosen a team that's it...I may lose interest or not as follow as much but your team is your team no matter what.

If needs be, take a break from it and come back once we have 'won the draft' by drafting a tall CB from the SEC in Rd 1, a soccer kicker in Rd 2, and an injured Olympic level discus thrower in rd 3....that should re-charge your weary batteries!!

Man.....if we haven't built enough character in 27 ***** years of this nimrod, we'll never have an ounce of character, period! Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Gotta ask you this, are you Ernie Brown, aka "The Turtle Man"??  LMAO Loved that show!!   j/k

LMAO, **** no.....you think that guy could even power up a computer?  How straight is your family phone pole? Ninja

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO, **** no.....you think that guy could even power up a computer?  How straight is your family phone pole? Ninja

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Live Action!!!  LMAO, proud to say I am an only child and I met both sets of my grandparents!! Cheers
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Live Action!!!  LMAO, proud to say I am an only child and I met both sets of my grandparents!! Cheers

LMAO LMAO LMAO Cheers

Not an only child, but met both sets of grandparents.....that still doesn't mean anything. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man.....if we haven't built enough character in 27 ***** years of this nimrod, we'll never have an ounce of character, period! Smirk

Yeah, we got character coming out our ears.  What we want is titles.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote