Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
I'm not sure what fans who attacked Dalton after Sunday were thinking. He deserves most criticism, but not after what we witnessed Sunday. He's been sacked a lot in other games, but he was lit up and assaulted against the Colts. 300+ pound rushers coming at him full speed untouched with violent intentions. He's lucky he's not on IR. A lesser Qb would have been knocked out the game. He won't survive another game like that. Jacksonville may be his final game of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Make this a damn sticky and add to it every week.

Reply/Quote
This is a repeat of last year where the front office sticks with something till it’s too late. Last year it was Nugent & Ogbuehi and this year it’s basically the o=line as a unit. Something needs done sooner rather than later this season.
Reply/Quote
Not to mention their mastery of run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: This is a repeat of last year where the front office sticks with something till it’s too late. Last year it was Nugent & Ogbuehi and this year it’s basically the o=line as a unit. Something needs done sooner rather than later this season.

Well today was a chance to maybe plug one of many holes in the dam in the form of a trade. But it has come and gone. Looking like this is what we have to work with this season because I’m not sure if there is much they can do now.

Where do you go from here? 4-12? 5-11? 6-10? Stay tuned (or don’t) because it’s going to be an irritating ride!

Reply/Quote
I sincerely felt sorry for Andy Dalton last Sunday. It truly was one of the most pitiful O-line performances I've ever watched. Then the usual suspects plus a few others were on here ripping into Dalton and I had to just turn my computer off for awhile.

Run blocking was beyond horrible ! 3 defenders meeting the RB .0003 seconds after the hand off. Lackluster efforts pass blocking ! 5 linemen blocking two guys letting the other two in untouched on several plays. You literally could have picked 5 guys out of the stands and it would have been no worse with zero practice.

And the most disheartening thing of all, nothing, not a thing is being done about it. The majority of the posters on here knew going into the season we were most likely in trouble with the O-line. How in the name of @$#% did the Bengals GM and coaches not know we were in serious trouble ? Who decided standing pat with the worst O-line in football was a good idea ?

It's very sad for Andy Dalton, AJ, Gio, Geno, Carlos, Vontaze and the good core we have that our owner doesn't care ! I wouldn't be mad at a single one of them, especially Andy for demanding a trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For the most part, and Andy's body is going to pay the price for their ineptitude.

It's not only these clips, but if you re-watch the game...there are just so many occasions where this line simply looks dumbfounded and/or outmatched. Far too many occasions of a free defender in the backfield.

Things aren't going to get any easier with that Jags defense up next.

What's he supposed to say yeah we suck at the line we have no hope don't bother watching us. He has 53 players not all of them are going to be good but he just can't flat out say they suck. Marvin has to play PC game weather people like it or not. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In 2014 and 2015, Bodine was probably the only true liability, but I think especially in 2014 fans gave him (somewhat of) a pass because he was a rookie.
But overall, the line was pretty solid. OL can typically be fine with one bad performer.
Then in 2016 Andre Smith left and we saw how impactful it was to have a bad center along with a bad RT.
And finally, the culmination, losing LT and RG, which showed just how terrible these players really are.
It's pathetic, and we all knew it, but some fans (for some stupid reason) had faith/belief that these players would magically improve with more coaching.
But OGB natural position is LT lol still lmao at that one. After the season everyone and their mother new we could not lose Whitworth and yet we did.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I love Fisher's stand up and take a step back before I go forward to run block technique.

Look at the first play. he totally whiffs his guy. That said, look at the Colts DT #95 on that play. He actually holds Hopkins so the DE can get in the backfield. Of course, the DE blew by turnstile Fisher anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:40 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I love Fisher's stand up and take a step back before I go forward to run block technique.

Look at the first play. he totally whiffs his guy. That said, look at the Colts DT #95 on that play. He actually holds Hopkins so the DE can get in the backfield. Of course, the DE blew by turnstile Fisher anyway.

Yeah, I addressed that in my post in the "You're the coach" thread.  Piss poor technique, followed up by half assed execution.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just curious as to what point you're trying to make? 

That Bengal fans have been spoiled by good olinemen. QBs are saddled with poor protection all the time. We're just not used to it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yawn
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:19 PM)Benton Wrote: My favorite part is watching Fisher look around after every play where he didn't lay a hand on anyone, like he expects the ball to have gotten out of the backfield.

I'm not sure who is the most horrific lineman on our team anymore?  Ogbuehi would have been my run away preseason favorite but Fisher and Bodine are doing equally horrendous things.  I honestly think their all equally horrific.  At this point if a lineman gets one finer on a defender vs. letting him run by untouched to kill Dalton ill consider it a good block.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For the most part, and Andy's body is going to pay the price for their ineptitude.

It's not only these clips, but if you re-watch the game...there are just so many occasions where this line simply looks dumbfounded and/or outmatched. Far too many occasions of a free defender in the backfield.

Things aren't going to get any easier with that Jags defense up next.

Dalton's career will be shortened by years because of the ineptness of the Oline.
GIF 1: Fisher completely whiffed on an attempted block. Talk about sad.
Bovine is a liability to Dalton. Untouched defender runs thru big gap over center twice.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s almost as if literally everybody knows the line is pig shit except for the only people on the planet who can do anything about it.

Unfortunately, at the games, people are screaming "Dalton you suck!" when he is getting two or three free rushers in his face every play.  Even that TD to Malone, people say "He needs to be tough and sit in the pocket".  

Dalton is one of the lowest paid, most underappreciated players I have ever witnessed in any sport.   

People worship guys like Brady but never look at how a guy like Brady performs in those very rare instances where he deals with pressure like Dalton sees every snap. 

I have said it a thousand times:  When he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.

The organization needs to let money like Eifert, Lafell, and many others go and replace them with solid later-round draft picks and put the money in to the line.  A free agent Center and guard to pair with some new draft picks would go a long way to helping this team return to contention.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In all fairness, what can be done about it now?

And... I completely agree with you.  The only problem is that they had a plan (and a fairly good one) to replace the tackles and it completely backfired.  They had no backup plan.

THE CENTER POSITION IS CRAP AND THE FO DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 10:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Unfortunately, at the games, people are screaming "Dalton you suck!" when he is getting two or three free rushers in his face every play.  Even that TD to Malone, people say "He needs to be tough and sit in the pocket".  

Dalton is one of the lowest paid, most underappreciated players I have ever witnessed in any sport.   

People worship guys like Brady but never look at how a guy like Brady performs in those very rare instances where he deals with pressure like Dalton sees every snap. 

I have said it a thousand times:  When he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.

The organization needs to let money like Eifert, Lafell, and many others go and replace them with solid later-round draft picks and put the money in to the line.  A free agent Center and guard to pair with some new draft picks would go a long way to helping this team return to contention.

Dalton is good. Tom Brady himself wouldn’t be able to look much better here.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Make this a damn sticky and add to it every week.

[Image: 5863d83d143d6db30be753e7b626c4cde6552592...b5c011.jpg]

And, yes.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That Bengal fans have been spoiled by good olinemen. QBs are saddled with poor protection all the time. We're just not used to it. 

Oh horseshit. We've seen PLENTY of them. The entire 90s decade....that bullshit they trotted out there Palmers last few years, and now this abomination.  Give me a break. Mike Brown and his ***** Toadie get lucky a couple times in a quarter century and you act like a bunch of future Canton busts have made their living here. Ppppffffttt!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 07:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What's he supposed to say yeah we suck at the line we have no hope don't bother watching us. He has 53 players not all of them are going to be good but he just can't flat out say they suck. Marvin has to play PC game weather people like it or not. 

You're GD right he should call their ass out!  Maybe light a fire!

They need a good old fashioned "diddly poo" Jim Mora speech! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote