Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
(10-31-2017, 12:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I honestly think we’re better off putting 5 folding chairs In front of Dalton they could probably give more resistance than this wrenched o-line.

hey its not easy to run through a folding chair... shit will drag you down.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:39 AM)ah5 Wrote: hey its not easy to run through a folding chair... shit will drag you down.

Yep. At least the chairs would probably trip some of these guys.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 12:39 AM)ah5 Wrote: hey its not easy to run through a folding chair... shit will drag you down.

But wouldn't they get hit with a folding penalty?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Watching the vids, all I have to say is:

1)Nice whiff Fisher
2)Zero awareness Bodine
3)See number 2
4)Nice whiff Ced
5)Swing and a miss, strike two Fisher

Fisher shouldnt have a job after that performance. How someone. Can whiff like that twice is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think Andy was the problem this game. With that said, he has been the problem in other games. He's just too inconsistent man. At a certain point people need to realize that Dalton isn't the guy to get it done; similar to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
my god. the o line is bad. just like 98% of us predicted. fml
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 04:12 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: my god. the o line is bad.  just like 98% of us predicted.   fml

Yep, and now you have an analyst saying that...

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance McAlister provides some examples of just how bad this O-line truly is. Of course, AJ also referenced the hits Andy has been taking, and Lapham said that Andy's performance against the Colts may have been him most 'courageous' game.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-10-30-watch-plays-that-caught-my-eye-bengals-colts/

I like the look on Fisher on the 1st play.  He's looks around as if to say to himself "oops that's my guy"!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Even better!!!

I watched these clips again, I don't know why, and came away even more pissed! How the hell do these so called professionals, sleep at night? How can they even look at themselves? They make more money than they are are even worth. It's past being a cluster***k.....

you're not kidding.  there are literally plays where these guys just whiff.  Seriously I think I could at least pick somebody out and get in the way and I only way 175 pounds.  Worst case I could at least cut somebody down to the ground and slow them down.

These lineman are either dumb or just plan sissies.  you'd think they'd have some personal pride.  can you imagine watching tape of yourself like this.  I'd be completely ashamed and ready to do something about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That Bengal fans have been spoiled by good olinemen. QBs are saddled with poor protection all the time. We're just not used to it. 

While those lines were competent enough to allow Dalton to unleash his second fastest release in the NFL the run blocking left a lot to be desired. No?

Yes i'm saying they were overrated.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 09:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: you're not kidding.  there are literally plays where these guys just whiff.  Seriously I think I could at least pick somebody out and get in the way and I only way 175 pounds.  Worst case I could at least cut somebody down to the ground and slow them down.

These lineman are either dumb or just plan sissies.  you'd think they'd have some personal pride.  can you imagine watching tape of yourself like this.  I'd be completely ashamed and ready to do something about it.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the room with Piano Man and these bums...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh to be a fly on the wall in the room with Piano Man and these bums...

Whatever he's sayin', it ain't workin'.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 10:21 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: While those lines were competent enough to allow Dalton to unleash his second fastest release in the NFL the run blocking left a lot to be desired. No?

Yes i'm saying they were overrated.

I disagree.

People point out YPC as reference to a successful running attack and that is not entirely accurate.

Let's look at thr bengals most recent successful year 2015. In 2015 the RBs YPC were in the 3.0s but thr team was very successful using thr run on first down in 3rd and shorts and in the redzone. The YPC average was so low because of the amount of long gains. The running game in Cincy hasn't had huge splash plays in thr Dalton Era outside of 2014. They have been successful on thr ground but not explosive. Subtle difference.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

People point out YPC as reference to a successful running attack and that is not entirely accurate.

Let's look at thr bengals most recent successful year 2015. In 2015 the RBs YPC were in the 3.0s but thr team was very successful using thr run on first down in 3rd and shorts and in the redzone. The YPC average was so low because of the amount of long gains. The running game in Cincy hasn't had huge splash plays in thr Dalton Era outside of 2014. They have been successful on thr ground but not explosive. Subtle difference.

The true measure is looking at initial contact for runners.  For at least the last two years, that has been abysmal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
ON my way home from work yesterday, I was listening to the Bengals live 700WLW podcast from the day before and McAlister and Lapham were talking with Hopkins and, OMG, they were giving the OL a HUGE break! Hopkins may not be all that bad (they started off saying that PFF had him as our highest rated OL on Sunday and giving him props), but him and Lap were saying things like each OL could be graded at a 95 but their overall grade would be a 75 and stuff like that and I'm like, who the [expletive deleted] is grading ANY of our individual olinmen a 95? I get that they didn't want to dump on Hopkins especially considering he's not Og, Fisher or Bodine, but still ... c'mon!

To his credit, Hopkins contacted them and asked if he should still come and they said, 'yes' and he still showed up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I remember back in the 90s when we had OL performance like this, and one game Jeff Blake was getting nailed like we are seeing now. Coslet actually called a timeout, pulled the linemen over and had a quick "meeting" where he reportedly questioned whether they had anything at all between their legs. Amazingly, they went back out and we won that game (a rarity I know) and Blake was untouched the rest of the game.

Would Marvin or piano man call out their players like that?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

I use the eye test. And since the old board i have been saying they can either pass or run block ok (see 2014 when our weapons were out and they leaned on Hill) but very rarely can they do both in the same game. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 01:35 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I use the eye test. And since the old board i have been saying they can either pass or run block ok (see 2014 when our weapons were out and they leaned on Hill) but very rarely can they do both in the same game. 

Which is false until last year the Bengals were damn good at converting 3rd and shorts and in thr redzone on the ground. (BJGE and Hill) Thr issue is they haven't had huge splash plays outside of a stretch of games in 2014. I felt the lack of run game was more to do with the RBs creating after contact not that the line couldn't block.

Until last year when Zampese ruined the offense...then the Offensive line ran like hell out of Cincy...funny how that works lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance McAlister provides some examples of just how bad this O-line truly is. Of course, AJ also referenced the hits Andy has been taking, and Lapham said that Andy's performance against the Colts may have been him most 'courageous' game.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-10-30-watch-plays-that-caught-my-eye-bengals-colts/
Oh poor Andy!! He is such an amazing QB if only he had a line!!.  Dalton apologists make me sick!! 7 seasons of mediocre play 0-4 in playoffs and he did absolutely zero in those playoff games.  We had successful years despite Andy being average. In 2015 he played over his head. The excuses for him change every year one year its he has no weapons now its line blah blah give me a break.   And people listen to Lap like its the gospel.  Yes he's knowledgeable and gives great insight, but he will never throw anyone under the bus especially Andy cause it wouldn't be smart considering he interviews these dudes so take what he sais with a grain of salt. Even after Andys 4 interception game you would have thought Andy did nothing wrong after listening to Lap.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 02:40 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Oh poor Andy!! He is such an amazing QB if only he had a line!!.  Dalton apologists make me sick!! 7 seasons of mediocre play 0-4 in playoffs and he did absolutely zero in those playoff games.  We had successful years despite Andy being average. In 2015 he played over his head. The excuses for him change every year one year its he has no weapons now its line blah blah give me a break.   And people listen to Lap like its the gospel.  Yes he's knowledgeable and gives great insight, but he will never throw anyone under the bus especially Andy cause it wouldn't be smart considering he interviews these dudes so take what he sais with a grain of salt. Even after Andys 4 interception game you would have thought Andy did nothing wrong after listening to Lap.

Dalton apologists make you sick? Is it because we use facts and stats to back up our claims? Or is it that we've clearly a better understanding of the game of football?

Out of your entire posts, here are the only 3 things that are correct in your post:
1) He is such an amazing QB 
2) 0-4 in playoffs
3) Yes he's knowledgeable and gives great insight

That's it. The rest of your post is the equivalent of the Browns front office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote