Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(01-23-2020, 11:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think you should sleep on it. LOL 

I like Burrow. If he brings that stuff to Cincy, it could be great. Remember, he will face a bigger talent then what he faced in college. Plus, as I stated, there's always the injury thing. Someone mentioned Tua earlier. ABSOLUTELY NOT! But a good general might take those picks and rebuild while thinking of a QB next year (not Tua). I get the reasoning around Tobin not having good drafts of late. Trust me, I do. However, when we look at Burrow this time last year, we all run away with this thought.

I'm just saying the FO needs to consider. I'm going to be upset if they accept anything less than Burrow, but man, knowing our luck, you just got to think about it. If they take the picks and make awesome selections? Well, I won't be that upset.

Just some food for thought...

Had we taken the Saints up on the whole draft plus a 1st in 2000 and 2001, AND a 2nd in 2002... The Bengals end up with a team that consists of Lavar Arrington, Takeo Spikes, Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Chad, Rudi, TJ, Justin Smith, Peter Warrick, and Drew Brees.

That's pretty damn good on paper.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I like Burrow. If he brings that stuff to Cincy, it could be great. Remember, he will face a bigger talent then what he faced in college. Plus, as I stated, there's always the injury thing. Someone mentioned Tua earlier. ABSOLUTELY NOT! But a good general might take those picks and rebuild while thinking of a QB next year (not Tua). I get the reasoning around Tobin not having good drafts of late. Trust me, I do. However, when we look at Burrow this time last year, we all run away with this thought.

I'm just saying the FO needs to consider. I'm going to be upset if they accept anything less than Burrow, but man, knowing our luck, you just got to think about it. If they take the picks and make awesome selections? Well, I won't be that upset.

For me it all comes down to the first week of free agency. 

1) If the Bengals are aggressive and get a top G & LB, it's a no brainer. Pick Burrow.
2) If it's the same ol' Bengals in free agency, you trade the pick if it's a major haul (ie- 5-6 picks in the first 3 rounds over the next two drafts, with 3 being 1st rounders).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:50 PM)jason Wrote: Just some food for thought...

Had we taken the Saints up on the whole draft plus a 1st in 2000 and 2001, AND a 2nd in 2002... The Bengals end up with a team that consists of Lavar Arrington, Takeo Spikes, Brian Simmons, Corey Dillon, Chad, Rudi, TJ, Justin Smith, Peter Warrick, and Drew Brees.

That's pretty damn good on paper.

For sure. 

(01-23-2020, 11:52 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: For me it all comes down to the first week of free agency. 

1) If the Bengals are aggressive and get a top G & LB, it's a no brainer. Pick Burrow.
2) If it's the same ol' Bengals in free agency, you trade the pick if it's a major haul (ie- 5-6 picks in the first 3 rounds over the next two drafts, with 3 being 1st rounders).

Very good point which made me think because their actions in FA could determine what they will do in the draft. It’s possible Bengals fans will see it coming before the 1st pick is made.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.

The issue with the Herschel Walker trade comparisons is the Cowboys already had Troy Aikman.  The Bengals do not have their franchise QB of the future to build around.
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. You guys make it sound as if you don't trust Mike Brown and whatsisface Duke to pick the absolute best players every single chance they get or something.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: **** that.

10 first round picks minimum.

This makes sense, the avera is 10 yrs of service a QB would provide. Burrow is that type of QB.

I would add a conditional 2 & 5 rounder if we get a losing record to go with the 1st rounder.

The only neg is if they keep getting into the playoffs with burrow and winning superbowls, we would be getting a 28-32nd 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
only read half the thread but if we dont take borrow, get as much as you can as far as draft goes, you keep andy dalton, he made playoffs first 5 years of career more consistant than freaking palmer was!!!. take miamis 3 picks in the first take best lineman offense or defense, then draft two more o lineman that are studs in first round, and fix the d, get better linebacker in second then take another backer in the third then go back to linemen o or d. run a jimie jonson camp and keep the best players regardless. dalton needs a line and hes as good as any qb in the nfl. not a doubt in my mind. get some lineman and lbs that can play. run the freaking ball, should have taken watson instead of ross. if they pass on borrow then do not take a qb!!! keep dalton one more year and build up the lines. borrow gonna suck be hind this line as much as dalton!!!. if not borrow then no other qb as good as dalton in draft. if they suck again after that then you take lawrence. if you take borrow first hes gonna have to play behind this shitty line. my bet is if you fix the line dalton will go back to a top 10 qb. if you take burrow then you hope he can be top 10 behind this shitty line. Dalton a good qb. Fix the ***** line and run the ball!!! fix the d. we almost beat seattle in game one if we had a d we would have beat them even without aj.

and we still should have eb as hc not zac taylor. eb old bengal, dumbass just like ross pick should have been watson

last edit: still a Borrow guy but if they dont take him they need to pass on qb this year. i would take Joe but if you pass on him keep dalton and fix oline. young would be nice
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What planet are some of you living on?

WhoDey2Wes, really?? You'd be ok with 3 1st rounders for a generational QB?? So that's going to leave us with a 1st round Olineman, A 1st round LBer and a 1st round WR.

OH, yeah, and a shitty QB.

No thanks... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Love Burrow and want him to be a Bengal. But absolutely would listen to all offers.

Would seriously consider taking Miami's three first round picks if offered as well. Would basically give Bengals four 1st round picks since they have #1 pick in second as well.

Could roll with Dalton one more year and address many needs with 4 of the first 33 picks especially with one being the 5th selection.

Agree that FO could certainly mess it all up though, yet could strike gold too.

Like most posters saying the FO would mess the picks up, and their track record may support this claim. But some are pointing to the John Ross debacle as evidence even though they supported the Ross pick as confidently as they do Burrow now.

Burrow seems like the right fit and really do not think Miami will actually offer that exactly, but would always listen and consider all options.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.

Tua probably isnt playing next year
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: **** that.

10 first round picks minimum.

This makes sense, the avera is 10 yrs of service a QB would provide. Burrow is that type of QB.

I would add a conditional 2 & 5 rounder if we get a losing record to go with the 1st rounder.

The only neg is if they keep getting into the playoffs with burrow and winning superbowls, we would be getting a 28-32nd 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
"If" the Miami trade was made ?

Would either roll with Dalton one more year knowing he is playing for his next contract and then draft future QB next year.

or still trade Dalton and bring in Bridgewater via FA.
................................................................................
Could come out of 1st round with something like
.................................................................................
LB. Isaiah Simmons "Clemson".......or ...OT Jedrick Willis "Alabama"

LB. Kenneth Murray "Oklahoma"

OT. Mekhi Becton "Louisville"

and have the 1st pick in 2nd round where certainly a gem usually slides. Plus the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th still to go.

Would not see this as a death sentence for Bengals as most do.

Yet still can see good argument for sticking with Burrow pick as well. Love Burrow !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Dude you're talking about a guy who for the next 15 to 20 years can make your franchise legit. So yeah it's going to take an unbelievable deal to unload him. A deal greater than the Hershel Walker deal.

NOT this franchise pal. You obviously don't remember who runs this organization!!!

Reply/Quote
The scenario is fun and all, but it's simply not justifiable. And that's all that this is. A fun scenario to play with until April gets here.

Burrow is arguably the best player in this draft, and everyone who is saying "trade the pick to Miami for x,y,z" isn't really offering as safe of an alternative with those 3+ first round picks. Tua? I liked him more going in than Burrow admittedly, but the injury concerns are worrisome. Outside of Burrow and Tua, the drop off is VERY steep at QB. After Tua, let's say he is healthy. Then what? We did so well with the Zeitler and DreK picks...

Go with what offers us the best chance at wining a Super Bowl within the next 4-6 years. Burrow. If we don't take him it better be Young. This team can't afford risky picks. Change my mind.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
If Miami sent me the 3 firsts plus Raekwon McMillan I'd consider it. You could potentially get a haul of 5 starters out of the first 33 picks (counting McMillan) instead of 2 and I get the argument of "what if he is franchise changing", but as it's been pointed out only 2 1st overall picks have won Super Bowls in the recent era and both were named Manning. Would Miami do it? No, probably not because that is a STEEP price for any player.
Reply/Quote
I’d do it for 3 first rounds this year and devante Parker for sure maybe McMillan but def Parker and 3 first.
Reply/Quote

I slept on it a bunch and still feel the same. How much faith do you have in them making awesome selections with those picks?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I slept on it a bunch and still feel the same. How much faith do you have in them making awesome selections with those picks?

Not much tbh. 

Reply/Quote
We need the picks so I can see why people want more. But I'd rather get the extra picks by tagging and trading Green, trading Dalton, Glenn, Dre, Gio etc. There are pieces on the roster that can be sacrificed for Burrow while picking up extra 2nd day picks (or first if GB wants Green).

That should be the means of the youth movement. You just can't pass up on Burrow to accomplish it. That would be counter productive given if they were savvy they could have had their cake and ate it too by flipping the roster.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If for some reason our front office decides to go with Dalton 1 more year, and Miami wants Burrow this is my proposal: I still want Burrow.

Bengals get Miami's #5, #18, #39 and Mike Gisicki(TE)

Bengals draft:

5- Isaiah Simmons-LB Clemson- game changer for the defense

18- Josh Jones- OT- Houston- RT we desperately need

33- Cameron Dantzler- CB- Mississippi ST- fixes the secondary

39- Tyler Johnson- WR- Minnesota- gives us better depth and stretches the field.

Gisicki replaces Eifert at TE, and solidifies the position.
Reply/Quote