Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
IF, we decided to take a trade and get those 4 picks, I would have to move at least a couple of them for next year's first rounders.

AT #5, I would without question take Isaiah Simmons. It would immediately take care of the longest standing need on this team.

I'd have to see how the rest of the first round fell, but I would want to get enough ammo to move up next year in the draft to take one of the elite QBs.

I just don't see a great way to rebuild this team without taking a QB this year. I've said it before, but if you add Simmons, an OT, an OG and then some other pieces with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, this team is going to win 6-8 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not much tbh. 

Thought so lol

(01-26-2020, 01:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need the picks so I can see why people want more. But I'd rather get the extra picks by tagging and trading Green, trading Dalton, Glenn, Dre, Gio etc. There are pieces on the roster that can be sacrificed for Burrow while picking up extra 2nd day picks (or first if GB wants Green).

That should be the means of the youth movement. You just can't pass up on Burrow to accomplish it. That would be counter productive given if they were savvy they could have had their cake and ate it too by flipping the roster.

Nice plan here if we want more picks. Like you said, it would just be counter productive to trade away Burrow in getting more
picks. I like the thought of tagging AJ and then trading him, would get something out of him and this is a very deep Draft for 
WR's where we can add a player like Jefferson or Tyler Johnson.

(01-26-2020, 07:52 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: If for some reason our front office decides to go with Dalton 1 more year, and Miami wants Burrow this is my proposal: I still want Burrow.

Bengals get Miami's #5, #18, #39 and Mike Gisicki(TE)

Bengals draft:

5- Isaiah Simmons-LB Clemson- game changer for the defense

18- Josh Jones- OT- Houston- RT we desperately need

33- Cameron Dantzler- CB- Mississippi ST- fixes the secondary

39- Tyler Johnson- WR- Minnesota- gives us better depth and stretches the field.

Gisicki replaces Eifert at TE, and solidifies the position.

Okay, so another year with Dalton behind a better O-line while adding Gisicki and Johnson isn't terrible.

Just think we have seen enough of Dalton regardless, but at least you have a plan.

Still think it is counter productive as JJ22 here said to trade Burrow, we need a future QB. Bet we would win just enough games
after this to not be in the bidding for a top one the next Draft, let alone Lawrence. It is time, we have the first overall pick, take 
the new Franchise QB in Burrow. Won't come around again for a long time. I am sick of waiting.
Reply/Quote
#5. Isiah Simmons
#18. Javon kinlaw
#27. Jordan love.
#33 josh Jones.
#39 Xavier McKinney
Reply/Quote
At some point, people need to realize the easiest way to rebuild a team is with a QB. Get that guy, then build around him. It's much easier to find the other guys. If you build the team first, the odds of finishing with a terrible record are slim. Then you spend multiple first rounders and other draft picks to get up high enough to draft an elite guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: At some point, people need to realize the easiest way to rebuild a team is with a QB.  Get that guy, then build around him.  It's much easier to find the other guys.  If you build the team first, the odds of finishing with a terrible record are slim.  Then you spend multiple first rounders and other draft picks to get up high enough to draft an elite guy.

Tell that to KC and SF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fred wants you all to keep squealing and throw in smothering Mike Brown with a pillow to your trade demands.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Saw an interview today with Burrow and he is not locked on Cincinnati. He says he wants to play for a SuperBowl contender. Not sure the Bengals can get there yet.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
For those that are absolutely convinced that you must build a team around a QB; Dick Vermeil, Kurt Warner, and the 99 Rams ( NFL Network's Greatest offense of all time) say hello.

FA signing Trent Green goes down and in comes the HOF grocery bagger.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: For those that are absolutely convinced that you must build a team around a QB; Dick Vermeil, Kurt Warner, and the 99 Rams ( NFL Network's Greatest offense of all time) say hello.

FA signing Trent Green goes down and in comes the HOF grocery bagger.

I mean, they had a Hall of Fame QB, so QB was technically a part of what they built, regardless of where they found him. No one's saying you can't build around other things, it's just easier to get there with a QB.

The 99 Rams had Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Pace among others on offense and a loaded defense as well. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:07 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Saw an interview today with Burrow and he is not locked on Cincinnati. He says he wants to play for a SuperBowl contender. Not sure the Bengals can get there yet.

What team with ENOUGH trade value for the #1 overall pick is ready to make a SB run? Last time I checked, Miami is the only team with enough fire power to try and pry the #1 pick away from MB (he will not budge). And I don't think anyone believes that the Dolphins are anywhere near contention for a SB run. So if that's the logic of Joe Burrow which I believe to be false, he's SOL. And quite frankly it's not up to him where he goes unless he refuses to play for a year, which in result will kill his draft stock. Aka, he will lose $$$.

I hope you are joking. Joe seemed happy to be considered for the #1 overall pick on the DP Show. He wasn't born yesterday. He knows who holds the first pick.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 07:48 PM)J24 Wrote: Tell that to KC and SF.

Mahomes was a top 10 pick, and SF sucked until they got Jimmy G. He came in and won his first 5 games for them, and got himself paid. Last season they only won 3 games without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 09:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes was a top 10 pick, and SF sucked until they got Jimmy G. He came in and won his first 5 games for them, and got himself paid. Last season they only won 3 games without him.

I agree with you on SF, but KC traded up from 27 to get that #10 pick so they already had a good team before they got their QB. It didn't really cost them much.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:07 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I agree with you on SF, but KC traded up from 27 to get that #10 pick so they already had a good team before they got their QB. It didn't really cost them much.

True, but that doesn’t really negate the fact that he was a high pick. KC knew even though they were a good team they needed a better QB.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 03:15 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I mean, they had a Hall of Fame QB, so QB was technically a part of what they built, regardless of where they found him. No one's saying you can't build around other things, it's just easier to get there with a QB.

The 99 Rams had Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Pace among others on offense and a loaded defense as well. 

Yep! They were loaded, ALREADY! And ,that is the point. Trent Green could have lead them to the playoffs.

What most fail to realize about that particular team was just how often their defense and special teams scored.
That team won me a fat chunk of change in FF.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True, but that doesn’t really negate the fact that he was a high pick. KC knew even though they were a good team they needed a better QB.

Yes it does. The argument was around if it's better to build the team first or get a QB first. KC is a good example. They had a great team with an average QB. 

It's kind of a stretch to consider #10 as a top pick when it's easy to trade to w/o mortgaging the future. The difference on the trade value chart between 1 and 10 is enormous. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 12:15 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yes it does. The argument was around if it's better to build the team first or get a QB first. KC is a good example. They had a great team with an average QB. 

It's kind of a stretch to consider #10 as a top pick when it's easy to trade to w/o mortgaging the future. The difference on the trade value chart between 1 and 10 is enormous. 

You can’t count on being able to trade up to get the guy you want. Especially in the top 10. Everything fell exactly into place for KC but that doesn’t mean it’s something you should rely on. Much better off taking a QB and building around him.

If the Bengals ever want to be an attractive destination for UFA’s (or coaches) having a QB like Burrow already in place could help.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 01:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t count on being able to trade up to get the guy you want. Especially in the top 10. Everything fell exactly into place for KC but that doesn’t mean it’s something you should rely on. Much better off taking a QB and building around him.

If the Bengals ever want to be an attractive destination for UFA’s (or coaches) having a QB like Burrow already in place could help.

So KC isn't a good example because it worked for them? How about all the teams that have been successful with QBs signed as FA's, traded for, or were drafted in round 2 or later?

The Bengals don't care if they're an attractive destination for UFA.  

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 09:07 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Saw an interview today with Burrow and he is not locked on Cincinnati. He says he wants to play for a SuperBowl contender. Not sure the Bengals can get there yet.

What the hell is wrong with you?

You must be that Adam/multiple personalities guy. All you're doing is trying to stir shit and get people worked up. 

Get the **** out of here with this bullshit over and over. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 01:38 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: So KC isn't a good example because it worked for them? How about all the teams that have been successful with QBs signed as FA's, traded for, or were drafted in round 2 or later?

The Bengals don't care if they're an attractive destination for UFA.  

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. 

At the end of the day do you want Burrow or not? Cause that’s all that really matters.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At the end of the day do you want Burrow or not? Cause that’s all that really matters.

I know i'm starting to sound like a broken record on this... if the front office is aggressive in FA, I want Burrow. If it's status quo, I want them to trade the pick for a haul.
Reply/Quote