Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(02-01-2020, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Is Mahomes worth it? Yes because you can continue to build/rebuild around him and he will consistently keep your team in a superbowl hunt for years.

Like Arod, Brees, Ben, Brady. QB is the most important position on the field if you have a chance at one that could be special you jump on it.

Is he worth it Yes! Is it less expensive way to build a team No.
Let's be honest there multiple ways of building a team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I haven't read through the 6 pages here so far, but do people just make this stuff up?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 05:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't read through the 6 pages here so far, but do people just make this stuff up?

Pretty much....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals pass on Burrow I'm out
Reply/Quote
The way I see it is very simple. If the FO does not intend on being active in FA then make the trade, with an effort to gain Miami’s 2nd round pick also. If this FO is committed on fixing this OLine in FA then you take Burrow and don’t look back.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The way I see it is very simple. If the FO does not intend on being active in FA then make the trade, with an effort to gain Miami’s 2nd round pick also. If this FO is committed on fixing this OLine in FA then you take Burrow and don’t look back.

People realize it’s not all going to be fixed in one offseason right? You don’t pass on a QB like Burrow because of what you do or don’t do in one year. You take him to have your franchise QB for the next decade. And you keep building around him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People realize it’s not all going to be fixed in one offseason right? You don’t pass on a QB like Burrow because of what you do or don’t do in one year. You take him to have your franchise QB for the next decade. And you keep building around him.

I agree but if their willing to pass up an offer like that for one guy they better protect him. You see what happen to Luck. Burrow had an amazing season, yet he was projected a 4-5 round guy coming into the season. He is far from a can’t miss franchise QB like everyone makes him out to be. I get the hype but it Kinda doesn’t even matter, nobody can predict what will happen, will Burrow be great, a bust, will the 3 guys we take instead go on to be pro bowl players??? Who knows.
Reply/Quote
If they are willing to give up three first round picks that’s a no brainer. Take it and run with it. Although I would not draft Tua,but.....Mike Brown loves drafting injured or injury prone players.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:03 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If they are willing to give up three first round picks that’s a no brainer. Take it and run with it. Although I would not draft Tua,but.....Mike Brown loves drafting injured or injury prone players.

Yup, i would have to take the picks and start rebuilding the team starting with the lines. Would prefer 3 shots in the first round to hit on a baller instead of all our eggs in one basket with Burrow. Wouldn’t be mad if that’s their guy also and we take his first. Either way just hope it works out.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 07:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup, i would have to take the picks and start rebuilding the team starting with the lines. Would prefer 3 shots in the first round to hit on a baller instead of all our eggs in one basket with Burrow. Wouldn’t be mad if that’s their guy also and we take his first. Either way just hope it works out.

The last 3 1st round OL we took were Ogbuehi, Price, and Williams..

So two busts and an injured question mark. I’d rather gamble on the potential elite QB, myself.

Reply/Quote
Why, FItzpatrick will never retire!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:01 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: If the Bengals pass on Burrow I'm out

We all need one "___ I'm out" line we need to stick by, it's hard to cut this team off after 30-35 years of nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 07:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup, i would have to take the picks and start rebuilding the team starting with the lines. Would prefer 3 shots in the first round to hit on a baller instead of all our eggs in one basket with Burrow. Wouldn’t be mad if that’s their guy also and we take his first. Either way just hope it works out.

(02-02-2020, 08:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The last 3 1st round OL we took were Ogbuehi, Price, and Williams..

So two busts and an injured question mark. I’d rather gamble on the potential elite QB, myself.

That's pretty much my thoughts.

I'd rather take one player that's a more likely shot than trying to outsmart the system and busting out on (possibly) multiple positions.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 08:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The last 3 1st round OL we took were Ogbuehi, Price, and Williams..

(02-03-2020, 10:50 AM)Benton Wrote: That's pretty much my thoughts.

I'd rather take one player that's a more likely shot than trying to outsmart the system and busting out on (possibly) multiple positions.

Exactly, you don't get a chance to get elite QB's often if ever.

Why is this so hard to comprehend for some?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why is this so hard to comprehend for some?

Because some people and especially the press have to question everything.

The Bengals are such a joke to most of the rest of the NFL's fans that they can't believe Burrow would want to come here.

For the same reasons the press plays it up to get clicks and sound bites.

So because of all that, this is going to be a running theme from now until draft day.  No matter what Burrow and his family says, no matter what the Bengals do, there are going to be those who will beat this drum until the card goes to the Commissioner.  You've got 2.5 more months of this crap folks.  Take extra blood pressure meds if it bothers you this much.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Because some people and especially the press have to question everything.

The Bengals are such a joke to most of the rest of the NFL's fans that they can't believe Burrow would want to come here.

For the same reasons the press plays it up to get clicks and sound bites.

So because of all that, this is going to be a running theme from now until draft day.  No matter what Burrow and his family says, no matter what the Bengals do, there are going to be those who will beat this drum until the card goes to the Commissioner.  You've got 2.5 more months of this crap folks.  Take extra blood pressure meds if it bothers you this much.

Gonna be a brewski drinking extravaganza for me.... Cheers Drunk Wasted
Reply/Quote
Obviously If Taylor thinks Herbert and Burrow are close make the trade. I personally don't believe they are if they were Dolphins wouldn't be offering what they are offering
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:26 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Obviously If Taylor thinks Herbert and Burrow are close make the trade. I personally don't believe they are if they were Dolphins wouldn't be offering what they are offering

No one is close to Burrow in this Draft, no one. 

Herbert isn't even in the same universe in my opinion. All he has is the physical tools. Burrow has the physical tools, the brains,
the athleticism, the leadership, the fight, the drive, the accuracy, the great pocket awareness, doesn't panic in the pocket and he
plays his best against the best competition. The exact opposite of Herbert.

Tua is the only QB that is even a little bit close and he is hurt and may never play a snap in the NFL with that injury.
Reply/Quote
And this happens I’m done being a fan. Burrow or bust i know I’ve said it in the past and stuck with the team but this would be my breaking point
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 10:26 PM)Trademark Wrote: And this happens I’m done being a fan. Burrow or bust i know I’ve said it in the past and stuck with the team but this would be my breaking point

Agreed. Outside of him pulling something saying he won't play here I don't really see the downside. If he fails you probably fail too and look who is sitting there next year at or near the top of the class.

I'd rather roll with this guy and fail hard vs trading the pick and regretting it for the next decade or longer. I'd be so pissed every time highlights came on I doubt I could even watch sports period.

You don't have to fix the team in one season. Unless this guy is other worldly in the NFL and all the stars in the universe align we realistically aren't going to the Superbowl in 2021.

Year one I want us to be competitive and shoot for making the playoffs and or win a playoff game. Do this thing right and fix the line via free agency and the draft. Show Burrow you are serious in free agency and put any doubts as ease. Bring AJ back or go get another good receiver or two for this kid to throw to. 

Work on the other side of the ball late in the draft, UDFA, and next year. Who knows maybe you get super lucky and end up getting the Arian Foster of the D as a UDFA. Chiefs D wasn't elite and they were just a tad beyond competitive LOL
Reply/Quote