Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Burrow #1 but...
(03-20-2020, 12:47 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: If someone falls that is truly too good to pass up, why not draft them? But our defense needs attention. I dont want us reaching for players, but we should be in position to land some great defensive players in rounds 2-4.

Well, we’ve just added a bunch of starters on defense through FA. I’d like to see us focus on some offense since we’re going all in with a potential franchise QB. Weapons and protection. I’m all for taking at least one LB though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: With the Bengals not being able to trade Dalton up to this point, I do have to wonder if a potential trade with Miami for the first overall pick isn't too farfetched anymore. Suppose the Bengals get Miami's three first rounders, take Herbert, and sit him behind Dalton for the year?

Unless the team has no issue with just cutting Dalton lose, but then again Tobin made such a huge deal about how critical it was to the organization that they do right by Dalton. And Burrow's out there liking tweets about the Dolphins.

I don't know anymore.
I think the Bengals may have screwed Dalton again (remember the trade deadline). They probably are asking for too much in a trade. As a result, if the Patriots don't get him, the Bengals will be forced to cut him and then he's out of a job or picked up by a team as a backup on backup's salary. If the Pats will give you a sixth rounder at this point, do right by him and the team and move him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:13 AM)McC Wrote: We've got pretty good weapons going into the draft and we can draft protection for him and still get a LB or two.  And pick up another WR.  I think you might be the only one who wants to live with the LB situation for another year.  And we quite literally do not have enough LB's even on the team.  

Not being able to get a LB in FA so far puts us in a tougher position with only having 2 signed on the roster that are middle
Backers for our 3-4 hybrid. We need to add at least one or two LB's before the Draft IMO to free up the Draft a bit to go BPA.

One thing is in a 3-4 Hubbard and Lawson and even Dunlap are or can be OLB's.
Reply/Quote
We need to stick with Burrow at #1 and not trade our picks. We just went big in FA. My biggest steal of the draft is OG Logan Stenberg in the 3rd and LB Evan Weaver in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is one of the best WR classes in the last couple decades, if we don’t come away with one other better guys I’m going to be bummed.

Give Burrow all the weapons we can. Ideally I’d like to see the 1st 4 rounds go something like...QB, WR, LB, OL.

Ideally it would be something like QB, WR, OL, LB, S, LB

(03-20-2020, 04:02 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need to stick with Burrow at #1 and not trade our picks. We just went big in FA. My biggest steal of the draft is OG Logan Stenberg in the 3rd and LB Evan Weaver in the 4th.

Is Stenberg a good scheme fit though?
Reply/Quote
You take BPA or trade back accumulate more picks but you DO NOT draft a LB who isn’t worth it at 33 just bc were so handicapped at the position we’ll figure something else on later on but I’m for taking BPA and hope Murray or Queen fall unless we trade back into the first
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 05:47 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: You take BPA or trade back accumulate more picks but you DO NOT draft a LB who isn’t worth it at 33 just bc were so handicapped at the position we’ll figure something else on later on but I’m for taking BPA and hope Murray or Queen fall unless we trade back into the first

I said the same thing yesterday and I couldn't believe some people wanting to waste a 33 on a 40 for instance.  The draft is the ultimate game of risk/reward.  Don't devalue your draft position, trade down, when necessary, or trade up. Never reach.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 05:51 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I said the same thing yesterday and I couldn't believe some people wanting to waste a 33 on a 40 for instance.  The draft is the ultimate game of risk/reward.  Don't devalue your draft position, trade down, when necessary, or trade up. Never reach.
Need means a lot more than 5 or so slots.... we not talking about taking a projected 3rd or 4th rounder.. we are talking about taking a Linebacker that is more of a need but still not a over reach at 33.. in the end that decision will probably be decided unless the Bengals see the 5th LB in the draft that high.. after the top 4 there is a projected drop off anyway. but if one of the top 4 is there at 33.. ALL IN FOR LB...
Reply/Quote