Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace
Surprised there's no thread for this guy yet. He's a cut player, so no damage to the compensatory picks. He's not ancient like Johnson, Boldin, White, or Colston.

I think he'd be a nice replacement for Marvin Jones and would come at the price of a true number 2 wr as opposed to a low end 1. He'd provide the outside burner that MLJ was opposite Green.

I know he's had some disappointing years, but his qbs have been questionable at best and he's generally had the expectations of a number 1 wr. Here, he'd reap the benefit of playing with a legit qb and be covered up by AJ Green and Eifert as a 3rd option.

It's all a question of what kind of money he could get. If it's reasonable, then curb-stomp those tires.
Reply/Quote
I'd be up for it .. for the right price...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If Zimmer doesn't want him, then what makes you think we would?
Wallace is a disruptive player and not into the team thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Zimmer doesn't want him, then what makes you think we would?

We wouldn't be paying him 12 mil year.  We've signed plenty of "disruptive" players in the past.  Tends to drive down their asking price.  What Mike Zimmer wants and what the Bengals do aren't tied at the hip, believe it or not.  They are separate entities.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Surprised there's no thread for this guy yet.  He's a cut player, so no damage to the compensatory picks.  He's not ancient like Johnson, Boldin, White, or Colston.  

I think he'd be a nice replacement for Marvin Jones and would come at the price of a true number 2 wr as opposed to a low end 1.  He'd provide the outside burner that MLJ was opposite Green.  

I know he's had some disappointing years, but his qbs have been questionable at best and he's generally had the expectations of a number 1 wr.  Here, he'd reap the benefit of playing with a legit qb and be covered up by AJ Green and Eifert as a 3rd option.  

It's all a question of what kind of money he could get.  If it's reasonable, then curb-stomp those tires.

There's been no thread because he's been mentioned already in at least a few other threads.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Zimmer doesn't want him, then what makes you think we would?

Could be Marvin's next project.  He's been pretty successful with guys like Jones and Burfict.  
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'd rather cut bait on Sanu as well, and stick Bouldin in the slot for a year or two....and look to the draft. Pass on Wallace.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sounds like mutual interest between Wallace and the Ravens.

Ravens loading up with Smith Sr. returning, Perriman getting healthy, extending Kamar Aiken and Wallace potentially interested. Along with Gilmore, Maxx Williams and Ben Watson, it appears they will let Flacco throw it 50 times a game. They still have suspect RB's...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:37 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Sounds like mutual interest between Wallace and the Ravens.

Ravens loading up with Smith Sr. returning, Perriman getting healthy, extending Kamar Aiken and Wallace potentially interested.  Along with Gilmore, Maxx Williams and Ben Watson, it appears they will let Flacco throw it 50 times a game.  They still have suspect RB's...
And they will have a third place schedule.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:37 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Sounds like mutual interest between Wallace and the Ravens.

Ravens loading up with Smith Sr. returning, Perriman getting healthy, extending Kamar Aiken and Wallace potentially interested.  Along with Gilmore, Maxx Williams and Ben Watson, it appears they will let Flacco throw it 50 times a game.  They still have suspect RB's...

All the more reason to keep Iloka and Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, I'd rather cut bait on Sanu as well, and stick Bouldin in the slot for a year or two....and look to the draft.  Pass on Wallace.

I think Sanu is pretty easily replaced.  I do think they have to take a wide receiver early though, and wish they would have done so last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think Sanu is pretty easily replaced.  I do think they have to take a wide receiver early though, and wish they would have done so last year.

Yep....agree wholeheartedly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:12 PM)samhain Wrote: We wouldn't be paying him 12 mil year.  We've signed plenty of "disruptive" players in the past.  Tends to drive down their asking price.  What Mike Zimmer wants and what the Bengals do aren't tied at the hip, believe it or not.  They are separate entities.

I'm sure Marvin would call Zim and inquire about him if they were interested.
Just because they aren't joined at the hip doesn't mean that they don't have an interest in getting the same type of players.

Now Hue and Gruden on the other hand, would be wildcards. Both of those guys are struggling to put up a winning team and need to take more chances.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm sure Marvin would call Zim and inquire about him if they were interested.
Just because they aren't joined at the hip doesn't mean that they don't have an interest in getting the same type of players.

Now Hue and Gruden on the other hand, would be wildcards. Both of those guys are struggling to put up a winning team and need to take more chances.

Even if it was in a lousy division, Gruden went to the playoffs last year.  I have a couple friends who are Washington fans and there is a lot of excitement in that fan base.  
Reply/Quote
I'd be on board with Wallace. It would do my heart good to see a former Steeler running past lousy Steeler DB's with TD passes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 02:03 PM)McC Wrote: I'd be on board with Wallace.  It would do my heart good to see a former Steeler running past lousy Steeler DB's with TD passes.

Hear, Hear!  Clapping
Reply/Quote
I think with MLJ gone to the Lions this guy fits us perfectly to replace him and would really do well here.

I am on the Mike Wallace bandwagon.

If it was Sanu that left i would be more for Boldin but with MLJ going it makes more sense for Wallace.
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched Mike Wallace in a long time... how old is he now? He must be getting 30?

He has an attitude problem that I'm not sure I would want around this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:12 PM)samhain Wrote: We wouldn't be paying him 12 mil year.  We've signed plenty of "disruptive" players in the past.  Tends to drive down their asking price.  What Mike Zimmer wants and what the Bengals do aren't tied at the hip, believe it or not.  They are separate entities.

The contract vs production was the issue, he would have had to had a great year to be worth it.  His name made a lot of sense as soon as it hit the headlines of a vet cut.  The biggest red flag though would be his motivation, which they'd need to see in an interview.  He's paid, so is he driven to win a ring or just coasting?  They should kick these tires per normal and see if he bites if they don't see a lemon. 
Reply/Quote
The guy can only run the fly route and hasn't blown th top off a defense since he was with Ben Roethlisberger. Pass.

Reply/Quote