Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26356/bengals-hosting-joe-mixon-for-a-visit-sources-say

I understand everyone is going to start talking about how they don't want the guy because he punched a drunk girl 4 years ago and that's ok, but this guy is a rare talent. One benefit to splitting the load because of his actions is that he actually didn't get wore down in college so this guy could end up being the steal in the draft. The rumors are the bengals are hoping he makes it to the second round and they can draft him then and with teams already showing a ton of interest in him I don't doubt for a min that hes gonna be drafted a lot higher than people expected.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to add this

I think with his pro day testing and if he interviews well there will be talk about this guy going in the first round. Some of his tape is so amazing that its simply mind boggling. This guy has better physical traits than EZE and as we close in on draft I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has the possibility of going in the top 10. No im not joking.

Reply/Quote
I'm all for him, personally.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Only the Bungles
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As a player, I'd be all for him. He's LeVeon Bell from college, just more polished.

However, who he is as a person I am fully against.

Either embrace the bad boy image or shun it. Don't say one thing and do another.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: Just wanted to add this

I think with his pro day testing and if he interviews well there will be talk about this guy going in the first round.  Some of his tape is so amazing that its simply mind boggling.  This guy has better physical traits than EZE  and as we close in on draft  I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has the possibility of going in the top 10.  No im not joking.

You may wanna reel that Zeke blasphemy in a little. Aside from that, the kid is talented. Not very smart, but talented. At the current moment he couldn't carry Elliott's jock.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You may wanna reel that Zeke blasphemy in a little. Aside from that, the kid is talented. Not very smart but talented. At the current moment he couldn't carry Elliott's jock.

I dunno what you're even talking about I said he tested better than Zeke.  I know you guys like to hop on the soapbox any chance you can get, but i'm only talking about pro day testing.  
'

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: As a player, I'd be all for him. He's LeVeon Bell from college, just more polished.

However, who he is as a person I am fully against.

Either embrace the bad boy image or shun it. Don't say one thing and do another.

I like how we throw away people because something bad happens.  The dude punched a loud mouth drunk chick 4 years ago and its not like he has been whoppin on chicks ever since.  Im sick and tired of this society of stone throwers living in glass houses.  What kinda skeletons do you have in your closet ?

Reply/Quote
Look, it'd be one thing if Mixon was defensive about it, or kept making excuses for it. From what I've seen, he's done nothing but remain open and upfront about the situation. He owned up to it.

A drunk woman was hitting him and shouting racial slurs at him. He was a seventeen-year-old. He made a mistake in the heat of the moment. He was punished, he served his punishment, and he's been out of trouble for three years. Everyone is so quick to take one moment out of someone's life and paint them with it forever. However, it's also entirely possible that he did, in fact, learn something from the whole thing. Like knowing when to walk away, for instance. People can make huge mistakes and walk away from them as better people.

If he is there in the second, you run to the podium. I would absolutely take a chance with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Look, it'd be one thing if Mixon was defensive about it, or kept making excuses for it.  From what I've seen, he's done nothing but remain open and upfront about the situation.  He owned up to it.

A drunk woman was hitting him and shouting racial slurs at him.  He was a seventeen-year-old.  He made a mistake in the heat of the moment.  He was punished, he served his punishment, and he's been out of trouble for three years.  Everyone is so quick to take one moment out of someone's life and paint them with it forever.  However, it's also entirely possible that he did, in fact, learn something from the whole thing.  Like knowing when to walk away, for instance.  People can make huge mistakes and walk away from them as better people.  

If he is there in the second, you run to the podium.  I would absolutely take a chance with him.

Exactly.  I have more respect for him than pacman who is in his thirties getting drunk and wishing death on cops.  All this kid needs is some positive role models and hang out with the right people.  

Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/amp/

"No."

Mixon's answer when asked if he had any regrets about anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/amp/

"No."

Mixon's answer when asked if he had any regrets about anything.

fake news

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: I like how we throw away people because something bad happens.  The dude punched a loud mouth drunk chick 4 years ago and its not like he has been whoppin on chicks ever since.  Im sick and tired of this society of stone throwers living in glass houses.  What kinda skeletons do you have in your closet ?

Never punched a woman. Never laid hands on a woman. Never been arrested.

He has shown little to no remorse about what he did. So why should I show any respect towards a man who broke a woman's face for slapping him after he lunged at her like he was going to hit her?

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: fake news

Did you read any of it?

Even in the video, you see his character.

He has shown no remorse about it. Literally, none.

All he talks about is about that not being him, to get to know the real him. He doesn't ONCE apologize for his actions. It's just "It was a mistake".

No "I'm sorry for breaking her face" or "I'm sorry for not leaving when I should have". None of that.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Did you read any of it?

All he talks about is about that not being him, to get to know the real him. He doesn't ONCE apologize for his actions. It's just "It was a mistake".

No "I'm sorry for breaking her face" or "I'm sorry for not leaving when I should have". None of that.

You know what I see ?  A young kid that is standing next to his lawyer who advised him not to speak on the incident.  The smiling is a nervous social reaction when you aren't comfortable with the situation.  Ive never hit a woman, but I also had a very different upbringing than im sure this guy did and if you don't think his culture growing up isn't being reflected in this incident than I don't know what to tell you.  You want this guy to break down crying and fall to his knees begging for forgiveness every time the topic is brought up ?  He has shown remorse after this interview from years ago, but that's not good enough.  Ive known great guys who have done worse than this kid who turned their lives completely around and some interview from an 18 year old kid being advised by his lawyer not to talk about things won't change my opinion on that subject.

Edit:

Lastly im just gonna say that I haven't interacted with him so I don't know if he has learned or if he is a grade A total asshole, but I'm intelligent enough to know that I would never judge a person from media alone. The Bengals need to do their job and make sure this guy has the self discipline to grow into a professional and a man. If not then don't draft him.

Reply/Quote

He issued an apology in this press conference.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIoupXWhdrY
Reply/Quote
He is a talent but i am still torn. Both sides make good arguments.

In the end if we draft him i just hope he learns from that situation and betters himself.

It was an insanely stupid thing to do, but we all have done stupid things and none of us are perfect.

I don't know what i would do if some drunk woman was slapping me in the face, i wouldn't deck her i am sure.

I would probably of just pushed her away and tried to get the hell out of there.

Sometimes its all in the reflexes too. I cannot judge, wish he would say he is sorry for what he did to the gal though.

Agree with Wolf on that one for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He issued an apology in this press conference.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIoupXWhdrY

Thanks BB, looked sincere to me.

I am for drafting him now. :andy:
Reply/Quote

https://youtu.be/NIoupXWhdrY?t=1382

I want you to look specifically at this part of his conference and he speaks about that video you posted earlier.  

Reply/Quote
In regards to that press conference:

He answered everyone's questions, he stood up there on his own, and he held the press conference against the advise of his legal team. He displayed genuine emotion and apologized. So now it's a question of whether or not you want to take him at his word.

It is worth noting that he is still seeking out counseling.
Reply/Quote