Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon released; Zack Moss signed
(03-11-2024, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Still mind boggling to me that Mixon could be that bad in pass blocking with 7 years to work on it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:31 PM)Destro Wrote: What's Reuben going to do now.

Still correcting you incessantly lol. Should have released him years ago, one of the worst RBs in the league. I'm sure he will perform better on another team though, spite is his fuel.
Reply/Quote
Feeling pretty good about this after watching some Zack Moss highlights from last year
Reply/Quote
Mixon would’ve been elite, top of the league, if he could’ve just picked his feet up. I cannot count how many giant runs he missed out on by getting tripped up by a marginal hand or arm.

I like Moss, I like Brown. James Rapien said last night they’re looking to get more explosive in the run game and he could see a RBBC here, with like a 35% 35% 30% split. I don’t hate the idea with 2/3 in place. Not sure Williams should be the other 30% guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone check on Soonerpeace.

Both of us have said if he can be upgraded we are all for it? 
But he's not as bad as many of you keep making him out to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:20 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mixon would’ve been elite, top of the league, if he could’ve just picked his feet up. I cannot count how many giant runs he missed out on by getting tripped up by a marginal hand or arm.

I like Moss, I like Brown. James Rapien said last night they’re looking to get more explosive in the run game and he could see a RBBC here, with like a 35% 35% 30% split. I don’t hate the idea with 2/3 in place. Not sure Williams should be the other 30% guy.

I think Williams is largely there for ST. 

The only 4 games he got multiple carries was either big wins or big losses where he was just mopping up, but he played 64% of all our ST snaps last year.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:23 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Both of us have said if he can be upgraded we are all for it? 
But he's not as bad as many of you keep making him out to be.

I'm going to be real curious to see where he lands, how much he gets paid, and how he performs in 2024. 

Reply/Quote
I hope Joe catches on somewhere else..... I worry about him without the structure of being employed.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm going to be real curious to see where he lands, how much he gets paid, and how he performs in 2024. 

Yes it is

Mixon totally sucking at pass pro was his downfall and I'm sure this isn't a mystery to rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about “great.” They still should draft a RB.

Evans should also probably just be cut at this point. They clearly aren’t high on him at all.

I thibk Evans must've spilled his lunch all over ZT. or hit on Elizabeth Blackburn or something? Baffling how he cannot find the field..... but when he does he produces.

Drafting an RB could work, yes. They need to sign some guys to open up the draft for that to happen. Of they lose out on resigning Reader that will be a really tough spot to be in w DT.
Reply/Quote
Thought I kept up with football pretty well, at least our team. But I have no freakin clue who our first two FA signings are. Is this really an upgrade? I mean, I’m glad Mixon is out. I thought he’s been highly overrated for the past few years. But like another poster said, Moss seems more like a Perine replacement. We are rolling with Brown as the feature back or RBBC with yet another RB to sign/draft?

Like I said, I have no clue. Should I be excited?
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Except earlier today when you said we were going to get a 4th or 5th rounder in a trade. 

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1767572244140564762?s=46&t=oRdMuHpC2b0Xldr1TrExDA

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Really like the Zack Moss signing especially after us also trading Mixon and getting something out of it. Moss is solid all the way
around, better short yardage back than Mixon, harder to tackle, better in pass protection by a long ways. Moss did have a much
better OL in Indy but we should be better this year with a healthy Burrow playing under Center more.

Moss and Chase Brown with Trayveon is a good RB room, better than it was in my opinion and we can add a talented RB in the
Draft. Nice move here.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still mind boggling to me that Mixon could be that bad in pass blocking with 7 years to work on it.

Moss is kinda like the new Perine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Moss is kinda like the new Perine.

Good comparison honestly. Moss and Perine are a lot a like. Think Moss has a little more burst to him though and Perine might be tougher
but Perine is tougher than about anybody, being Wolfman and all lol
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good comparison honestly. Moss and Perine are a lot a like. Think Moss has a little more burst to him though and Perine might be tougher
but Perine is tougher than about anybody, being Wolfman and all lol

Interesting information about all 3:

Zack Moss at his Combine 5 foot 9 and 3/8  223 pounds    4.65 forty

Joe Mixon at his Combine  6 foot and 3/4     228 pounds   4.45 forty

Samaje Perine  at his Combine 5 foot 10 and 5/8   233 pounds   4.65 forty
Reply/Quote