Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixon's Expected To Be Released
(03-11-2024, 12:25 AM)pulses Wrote: McCaffrey on one leg > Mixon

Yep.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: People don't like to admit it but last offseason things didn't work out at all how they hoped. I still believed they expected to keep Bell and Perine. It was borderline a disaster of an offseason for them.

The Burrow effect coming off of a SB and AFCC game did nothing to help them keep players, or even get a discount for those wanting to "win a SB".

You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

I'm hoping the Bell saga taught them something. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

Yep. Sometimes you have to go out of your comfort zone a little to keep a player you really want.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

Such a good point. To me as a fan, free agency is always the same. I always want them to get "better" (whatever that means). But for them as a team they have clear experiences in the rearview mirror that they do/don't want to repeat, and those might have more sway in what they do this year than anything else.
Reply/Quote