Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-20-2021, 03:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My idea is...

Cut Bobby Hart.
Sign Thuney if cap space is $185+ mill, sign Warford if lower, or re-sign Spain.
Cut BJ Finney.
Draft a new OG in 2nd or 3rd Rd.
OTs would be Jonah Williams and FA signing, Adeniji and Johnson as backups.
OGs would be FA signing and Day 2 draft pick, XSF and Jordan as backups.
C would be Hopkins with Price as backup.

Brunskill or Blythe at C might be better than Hopkins and not real pricey. Hopkins might not even be ready by the start of the season you never know.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 08:41 PM)pulses Wrote: Brunskill or Blythe at C might be better than Hopkins and not real pricey. Hopkins might not even be ready by the start of the season you never know.

I don't think Hopkins is a Top 10 C or anything, but I don't see how the Bengals can get 4 new OL starters in the same offseason.
I think both OGs and RT are in need of bigger upgrades than Hopkins at C. Can always upgrade Hopkins next year.
As for Hopkins being ready, I think Price can suffice in spot duty until Hopkins is back. Remember, Price's best season was when he was at C and with Pollack as OL coach back in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 03:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Hopkins is a Top 10 C or anything, but I don't see how the Bengals can get 4 new OL starters in the same offseason.
I think both OGs and RT are in need of bigger upgrades than Hopkins at C. Can always upgrade Hopkins next year.
As for Hopkins being ready, I think Price can suffice in spot duty until Hopkins is back. Remember, Price's best season was when he was at C and with Pollack as OL coach back in 2018.

I'm still not sold on Price. I don't think he's any better than a guy we could get later in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Literally no one should be sold on Price. He’s trash.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 07:57 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm still not sold on Price. I don't think he's any better than a guy we could get later in the draft.

But the Bengals only have so many draft picks and can't fill every need. The team can "get by" with Price and Hopkins this year and get a new C next year.
It could also be that I'm not overly impressed with the C class this year too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: But the Bengals only have so many draft picks and can't fill every need. The team can "get by" with Price and Hopkins this year and get a new C next year.

Who is even the top Center in this class? I know nothing about the Centers this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is even the top Center in this class? I know nothing about the Centers this year.

Creed Humphrey. He's listed as a late 1st or early 2nd from most places I've seen.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Creed Humphrey. He's listed as a late 1st or early 2nd from most places I've seen.

Thanks Ocho, would be all for Drafting him in the 2nd if he fell to us. I actually watched Humphrey in college so I know he is good.

The Center position is worrisome to me to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: But the Bengals only have so many draft picks and can't fill every need. The team can "get by" with Price and Hopkins this year and get a new C next year.

I would draft Quinn Meinerz or David Moore and play them at Center. Also, the Center from IU was pretty decent and He'll be an UDFA  worth looking at as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is even the top Center in this class? I know nothing about the Centers this year.

Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma projected in round 2

SI has Quinn Meinerz listed at OC and in round 2.

Landon Dickerson OC Bama projected in Round 3 Along with JImmy Morrissey Pitt and Josh Myers OSU in 3 as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:14 PM)pulses Wrote: I would draft Quinn Meinerz or David Moore and play them at Center. Also, the Center from IU was pretty decent and He'll be an UDFA  worth looking at as well.

Maybe I'm exaggerating it, but I don't see many of these C prospects (Humphrey included) being a great fit in a wide zone run blocking scheme. They don't seem to have the athleticism for it. But maybe I'm thinking they'll have to be more athletic than they'll need to be in that type of run blocking.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:16 PM)pulses Wrote: Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma projected in round 2

SI has Quinn Meinerz listed at OC and in round 2.

Landon Dickerson OC Bama projected in Round 3 Along with JImmy Morrissey Pitt and Josh Myers OSU in 3 as well.

Thanks man, didn't know Meinerz can also play Center. Really like this kid. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm exaggerating it, but I don't see many of these C prospects (Humphrey included) being a great fit in a wide zone run blocking scheme. They don't seem to have the athleticism for it. But maybe I'm thinking they'll have to be more athletic than they'll need to be in that type of run blocking.

Meinerz is athletic, dude can dunk flat footed.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Meinerz is athletic, dude can dunk flat footed.

I haven't really bothered to look at Meinerz tbh.
Part of it was because I had never heard of him prior to Senior Bowl, but he's also not even on TheDraftNetwork's 2021 prospect rankings still.
From what I've read on him and watched from Senior Bowl, he seems to have potential, but he's going to have a steep learning curve coming from D3. Also, Meinerz did not play C in college, IIRC. While his Senior Bowl performance may have eased some concerns somewhat, I couldn't trust him as a starter coming in as a rookie. I think he'll need at least a year to get acclimated before becoming a solid starter.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't really bothered to look at Meinerz tbh.
Part of it was because I had never heard of him prior to Senior Bowl, but he's also not even on TheDraftNetwork's 2021 prospect rankings still.
From what I've read on him and watched from Senior Bowl, he seems to have potential, but he's going to have a steep learning curve coming from D3. Also, Meinerz did not play C in college, IIRC. While his Senior Bowl performance may have eased some concerns somewhat, I couldn't trust him as a starter coming in as a rookie. I think he'll need at least a year to get acclimated before becoming a solid starter.

I feel the same about Meinerz not being ready as a rookie. This is why he will fall to the mid rounds IMO.

I sure do love how he blocks though, he kills people out there. He seeks and destroys defenders.

No shying away from contact with this kid, he ain't no soft cupcake like Cordy Glenn...
Reply/Quote
Tyler Dragon Cinti Enquirer did a 3 round mock

1st- Sewell
2nd- Rashad Weaver Pitt DE
3rd- Aaron Robinson Cen. Fla. CB

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/02/23/cincinnati-bengals-three-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft/4555143001/
Reply/Quote
Should the bengals make waves in FA and get OL upgrades, these drafts will drastically change
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I feel the same about Meinerz not being ready as a rookie. This is why he will fall to the mid rounds IMO.

I sure do love how he blocks though, he kills people out there. He seeks and destroys defenders.

No shying away from contact with this kid, he ain't no soft cupcake like Cordy Glenn...

But can he execute a wide zone scheme? As Callahan said on the Locked On Bengals podcast, it's more about horizontal displacement rather than vertical push.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Tyler Dragon Cinti Enquirer did a 3 round mock

1st-  Sewell
2nd- Rashad Weaver Pitt DE
3rd-  Aaron Robinson  Cen. Fla.  CB

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/02/23/cincinnati-bengals-three-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft/4555143001/

Is Weaver a 4-3 End or a 3-4 End? Don't really care as long as he can rush the passer which we desperately need.

UCF has been putting out some pretty good players lately.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But can he execute a wide zone scheme? As Callahan said on the Locked On Bengals podcast, it's more about horizontal displacement rather than vertical push.

Guess that is the question we will have to ask about all the interior OL in this Draft. Meinerz looked great going horizontal to me
in the limited film I saw, granted those were highlights. Still want this guy if he is there in the mid rounds. There is that OT out of
Buffalo with a crazy name that Pulses brought up in another thread that could be a steal too.
Reply/Quote