Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mollie Tibbets Murder
(08-22-2018, 09:25 PM)Vlad Wrote: Ah yes typical reaction from the caring and compassionate left...."that little girl in Iowa FOX is obsessed with".

And what national trial are you speaking of?

Surprisingly there was CNN coverage on the case.
Here we have Pocahontas being asked for her reaction to the murder of Mollie and the capture of the alleged illegal. Rather than address the question she chooses to ignore it and starts pandering to deranged democrats watching about the separation of families at the border

You guys know, the executive order Trump signed allowing the separation of families by immigration officials.

https://youtu.be/hJ0ORLU_Q3E

OK, so, to clarify: you disagree with Warren that we need to spend less resources verifying who might be a potential threat, and more resources on separating kids from parents?

Dude... you've got a messed up view.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-22-2018, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's what made me say WTF today. They showed dude and the talk was he may have been here legally. Not a whole lot on how he apparently stalked a girl, did lord knows what, threw her in his trunk, and then dumped her somewhere.

I get both sides wanting to make an issue out of legality, but Damn.

Good. More people need to ask why it's an immigration issue instead of a messed-up-people issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-22-2018, 09:25 PM)Vlad Wrote:  Rather than address the question she chooses to ignore it and starts pandering to deranged democrats watching about the separation of families at the border

She directly addressed the question by saying we need effective immigration reform that keeps out the bad guys instead of separating innocent families.

I thought BOTH SIDES would agree with a comment like that.  Which part of that comment do you disagree with Vlad?
(08-22-2018, 11:00 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Incidentally, here is a photo of the man charged with strangling his wife and two infant daughters last week:

[Image: 39894671_10155943104498915_7132967941577...e=5BFA7BA7]

Commenting on politics in the Mollie Tibbets case is the same as someone commenting on this guy's shirt (team, "proud dad", etc.) rather than concentrating of what he is accused of doing and the poor victims.

Whataboutism
(08-23-2018, 10:29 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: WhataboutismO

I assume you're (trying) to rebut his post, implying that he's engaging in "whataboutism",  You are Ignoring that native citizens commit horrendous crimes as well?  If so, I'd say he's correct in his position that by eliminating immigration (legal or illegal) will not crack down on crime. 

I get border security, I really do.  However, claiming that an entire race, nationality or religion is the real concern is in a word...wrong.

Kick every single legal/illegal immigrant out, and you will still have crime.  Murder, rape, bank fraud...etc. will continue.
(08-24-2018, 02:59 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I assume you're (trying) to rebut his post, implying that he's engaging in "whataboutism",  You are Ignoring that native citizens commit horrendous crimes as well?  If so, I'd say he's correct in his position that by eliminating immigration (legal or illegal) will not crack down on crime. 

I get border security, I really do.  However, claiming that an entire race, nationality or religion is the real concern is in a word...wrong.

Kick every single legal/illegal immigrant out, and you will still have crime.  Murder, rape, bank fraud...etc. will continue.

It still is whataboutism, though.
(08-24-2018, 07:44 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: It still is whataboutism, though.

It's pointing out the obvious (to most) that the POTUS tweets about random crimes committed by anyone he can claim is illegal and not when the same (or worse) crimes are committed by white people.

It is not to distract from the Tibbet murder but to comment on how Trump uses things like that to rile up his base.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-24-2018, 07:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's pointing out the obvious (to most) that the POTUS tweets about random crimes committed by anyone he can claim is illegal and not when the same (or worse) crimes are committed by white people.

It is not to distract from the Tibbet murder but to comment on how Trump uses things like that to rile up his base.

Who said anything about race?

It is whataboutism.
(08-24-2018, 08:11 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: Who said anything about race?

It is whataboutism.

Trump did.
(08-24-2018, 08:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump did.

I didn't.  I was just pointing out the whataboutism.
(08-24-2018, 01:05 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I didn't.  I was just pointing out the whataboutism.

Except it wasn't in the context of the discussion.
(08-24-2018, 01:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Except it wasn't in the context of the discussion.

Except it was.

No need to say anymore.  You clearly can't see it and it is clearly there.
(08-24-2018, 02:59 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I assume you're (trying) to rebut his post, implying that he's engaging in "whataboutism",  You are Ignoring that native citizens commit horrendous crimes as well?  If so, I'd say he's correct in his position that by eliminating immigration (legal or illegal) will not crack down on crime. 

So how many murders are ok before it becomes a problem and illegal immigrants need to be controlled more and illegal immigration needs to stop?

Also, people talk about the separating families instead of this, so would it be impossible for a person with a child that's here illegally to kill someone or commit another crime?  
(08-23-2018, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She directly addressed the question by saying we need effective immigration reform that keeps out the bad guys instead of separating innocent families.

I thought BOTH SIDES would agree with a comment like that.  Which part of that comment do you disagree with Vlad?

He had no criminal history, so he probably would have been seen as someone that's ok to let into the country, so that makes it ok that he was here?
(08-24-2018, 06:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So how many murders are ok before it becomes a problem and illegal immigrants need to be controlled more and illegal immigration needs to stop?

Illegal immigration has no effect on the crime rate. Illegal immigrants do not commit crimes against people or property at a higher rate than US citizens.

Removing all illegal immigrants would remove some criminals, but it would also remove some victims.  With the illegal immigrant victims gone that means more US citizens would take their place.

It is a zero net sum gain.  The same percentage of US citizens would be victims of crime even if all illegals were removed.
(08-24-2018, 06:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He had no criminal history, so he probably would have been seen as someone that's ok to let into the country, so that makes it ok that he was here?

Unless you want to eliminate 100% of immigration then "yes".

Are you in favor of eliminating 100% of immigration into the United Sates?
(08-24-2018, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Illegal immigration has no effect on the crime rate. Illegal immigrants do not commit crimes against people or property at a higher rate than US citizens.

Removing all illegal immigrants would remove some criminals, but it would also remove some victims.  With the illegal immigrant victims gone that means more US citizens would take their place.

It is a zero net sum gain.  The same percentage of US citizens would be victims of crime even if all illegals were removed.

Remove companies having incentives for hiring them (and put penalties in place) and take away benefits that they receive from tax payer's dollars, as should happen, and you don't think that they'd commit more crimes without money?
(08-24-2018, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Unless you want to eliminate 100% of immigration then "yes".

Are you in favor of eliminating 100% of immigration into the United Sates?

If he was here legally, do you think he still commits this murder?
(08-24-2018, 08:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If he was here legally, do you think he still commits this murder?

Probably (if he is really guilty)

If we eliminate 100% of immigrants do you believe it will lower the crime rate?
(08-24-2018, 06:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remove companies having incentives for hiring them (and put penalties in place) and take away benefits that they receive from tax payer's dollars, as should happen, and you don't think that they'd commit more crimes without money?

Not sure what your point is, but they probably would not be here if there were no jobs for them.

But that does not lower the crime rate in the US.

Immigration has zero effect on the crime rate.  That is just a false narrative created by the right.