Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
I’m glad some folks aren’t getting their way.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IDK, if they are banged up (Hendrickson), I would.  It might depend on what the Ravens do. They could sit nearly everyone. I mean, they could get #5 if the Chargers lose to Denver. I'd certainly want Jacksonville/Tennessee over us/Bills/Chiefs. But I certainly would not rush Jackson back to do it. And once Jackson sits, their chances are not good. And Huntley is banged up too. 

If there are guys who are in a bad place mentally (Reader, etc) on the week-end, I'd sit them as well. 

Hairball said Jackson may not be back for the start of the playoffs, so I doubt he plays Sunday. If I were Zac, and we were stuck with #3 (announcement before the game pending) I would rest Hendrickson and Hubbard, but Burrow and the WR's need to play. They already haven't played in 2 weeks (not counting the 9 minute game) and need to stay sharp. If they sit Sunday, that's almost a 3 week layoff prior to the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: what justification do you have giving the Bills the lose ? the NFL suspended the game not the Bills.

It is better than a tie or just cancelling the game is all I am saying. If we were the team that was getting beat and we lost a player I 
would be better with us getting the loss just the same.
Reply/Quote
mcdermott is straight up saying they forfeited that night. not trying to be cruel here, but thats what it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hairball said Jackson may not be back for the start of the playoffs, so I doubt he plays Sunday. If I were Zac, and we were stuck with #3 (announcement before the game pending) I would rest Hendrickson and Hubbard, but Burrow and the WR's need to play. They already haven't played in 2 weeks (not counting the 9 minute game) and need to stay sharp. If they sit Sunday, that's almost a 3 week layoff prior to the playoffs. 

They have to play if there's a shot at the 2 seed.  I believe there is if Buffalo loses to the Pats.  I'm not sure that Baltimore has as much to play for as we do at this point.  They are already about as good as they can get in seeding.  They can't get the division or a home game.  

The Bengals can make lemonade out of this lemon situation if things break right.  They more or less got a week off.  If their minds are right, they can blast the Ravens, stay sharp for the postseason, and possibly even get a divisional round game at Paycor.

Oddly enough the Ravens might actually have more incentive to sit their starters with nothing to gain and a known playoff game on the horizon next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hairball said Jackson may not be back for the start of the playoffs, so I doubt he plays Sunday. If I were Zac, and we were stuck with #3 (announcement before the game pending) I would rest Hendrickson and Hubbard, but Burrow and the WR's need to play. They already haven't played in 2 weeks (not counting the 9 minute game) and need to stay sharp. If they sit Sunday, that's almost a 3 week layoff prior to the playoffs. 

At least they should play half the game. The offense had only 7 snaps on Monday. Adeniji also needs more reps with the first team.

Build a lead that even Brandon Allen can maintain against probably a Ravens team that will rest their stars.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:51 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: That's all nice and everything, but championship windows don't stay open forever, and you don't want to give up a competitive advantage no matter how confident you are.  

Well they kinda are going to because of Mondays fall out. If starters choose to sit, the chance of winning is pretty low and now tgey are only playing 16 games. Kinda hurts for that 3 seed or better.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: no no

PTSD as in Put The Smack Down

Don't ruin a good outrage!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't ruin a good outrage!!!!

I should have put a ninja at the end of that but this stupid comp at work won't allow me to edit posts 99% of the time.

Ninja  <------ there

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: mcdermott is straight up saying they forfeited that night.  not trying to be cruel here, but thats what it is.

I think the nfl just doesnt want the bad press that will come with that
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:21 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Vic Carruci who covers the Bills is saying they aren't replaying the game because the Bills don't want to not the league.

Then forfeit!

I was already going to type that the only 2 options I will be happy with at this point are a Bills forfeit or resuming the game.  Anything else is complete and utter BS.

The players and coaches have worked their asses off to be in this position and as fans we have cheered our asses off and spent hours upon hours watching the games.  The Bengals should not be "punished" in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, but anything other than a resumption of the game or a Bills forfeit and i'm calling straight up rigged.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: mcdermott is straight up saying they forfeited that night.  not trying to be cruel here, but thats what it is.

Did you see this in a presser or something?  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Did you see this in a presser or something?  

yes.  he's in one right now.  with josh allen.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think the nfl just doesnt want the bad press that will come with that

But they are ok with rigging the seeding by not?

Less than 48 hours til first game and nothing from the NFL.  Complete fail!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think the nfl just doesnt want the bad press that will come with that

problem is that there is the added wrinkle of him asking docs if they won first thing.

macdermott needs to step up and take the L
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: yes.  he's in one right now.  with josh allen.

Cool.  Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Cool.  Thanks!

45 min in on ESPN right now if interested
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Then forfeit!

I was already going to type that the only 2 options I will be happy with at this point are a Bills forfeit or resuming the game.  Anything else is complete and utter BS.

The players and coaches have worked their asses off to be in this position and as fans we have cheered our asses off and spent hours upon hours watching the games.  The Bengals should not be "punished" in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, but anything other than a resumption of the game or a Bills forfeit and i'm calling straight up rigged.

Agreed. I don't see them replaying it but I think it will go down as a Bills forfeit. That's really the only fair way to do it outside of playing the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:21 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Vic Carruci who covers the Bills is saying they aren't replaying the game because the Bills don't want to not the league.

If this is true then it probably should be a forfeit rather than a no contest.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: 45 min in on ESPN right now if interested

Watching it now!
Reply/Quote