Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 09:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if we win this weekend and buffalo losses it comes down to a tiebreaker and I believe we have the tiebreaker

"if" Buffalo loses.  Total BS.  Bills should have had to forfeit or play the game.  I didn't just watch all season for this BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: "if" Buffalo loses.  Total BS.  Bills should have had to forfeit or play the game.  I didn't just watch all season for this BS.

you really are not making sense, no need to continue with discussion
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:51 PM)motoarch Wrote: And the ravens already beat us once.

We can reply/finish that game and still end up a fifth seed or be guaranteed a minimum third seed with a neutral AFC championship site.

I'll take the latter.

You're upset over a better situation 

I think most would concede the Bengals and Ravens are different teams than the teams that had BAL win that game on a last sec FG at Home. Meanwhile, KC has recently struggled against 2 of the worse teams in the NFL. Conceding a chance at the #1 overall seed is not being upset over a better situation 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
On a positive note we would be locked into the #3 seed at worst and at least one home playoff game.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you really are not making sense, no need to continue with discussion

We had a good chance of beating the Bills.  Then the Ravens game would be for #2.  #1 if the Chiefs lost.  We are getting the shaft.  Makes perfect sense.
Reply/Quote
I agree with what Mo Egger said pertaining to the "integrity of the game' this afternoon.

This league spent a lot of money and hours prosecuting the goofy-ass deflate gate incident. They smeared the reputation of possibly the greatest player in the history of the game and docked him 4 weeks pay. Nobody really thinks less of him or the Pats dynasty, if they're honest. It was a giant waste and it ended up looking really stupid. All in the name of the integrity of the game.

The integrity of the game is non-existent here. Hamlin is doing better than almost anyone could have hoped at this point. It's not a fun thing for the league to do, but if they really cared about the legitimacy of the results of this season, they'd make Buffalo play the game next week. No forfeit, no tie. Forfeits sound nice to Bengal fans, but it would still be a less than ideal way to determine things.

The winners should be determined on the field of play and absolutely nowhere else.

No freebies here. Not for KC and the top seed. Not for the Bengals and the North title. If the Bengals lose both games and with them the division and home field, then it's what it is. it would be the result of what happened on the field, which is the only way it should be done.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think most would concede the Bengals and Ravens are different teams than the teams that had BAL win that game on a last sec FG at Home. Meanwhile, KC has recently struggled against 2 of the worse teams in the NFL. Conceding a chance at the #1 overall seed is not being upset over a better situation 

And conceding the chance to control your own destiny by beating Buffalo and gaining home field in the divisional round isn't either.  We're thinking it might be okay if NE can do what the Bengals had a chance to do last week, but it's probably a stretch.  

If you were Buffalo, would you want to face the Bengals team the way they were playing on Monday to retain control of seeding then NE this week, or just NE?  Easy answer to that one.  Their chances of retaining the number 2 are greatly enhanced by the current situation.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Preach. Thanks for having the balls to say what many of us are truly feeling but still trying to be polite lol

You're welcome. And I'm not done !!!  
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:27 PM)samhain Wrote: And conceding the chance to control your own destiny by beating Buffalo and gaining home field in the divisional round isn't either.  We're thinking it might be okay if NE can do what the Bengals had a chance to do last week, but it's probably a stretch.  

If you were Buffalo, would you want to face the Bengals team the way they were playing on Monday to retain control of seeding then NE this week, or just NE?  Easy answer to that one.  Their chances of retaining the number 2 are greatly enhanced by the current situation.  

The only team that "wins"  in the situation is KC.
BUF: Loses the #1 seed 
Cincy: Loses chance at #1 and controlling destiny for #2
BAL: Loses chance at AFC North.

KC is gifted the #1 seed over 2 teams that beat them 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I see no reason to turn nasty on the Bills. They are doing what they can to make the best out of the situation just like we are. If you want to be mad at someone, Roger Goodell is the appropriate target.

The Bills have done what's in their best interest, saying they don't want to resume getting their asses kicked. I don't blame them. Our franchise should have taken the opposite approach and said they wanted the damn game played at some point. They could have forced the Bills to play or forfeit. 
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only team that "wins"  in the situation is KC.
BUF: Loses the #1 seed 
Cincy: Loses chance at #1 and controlling destiny for #2
BAL: Loses chance at AFC North.

KC is gifted the #1 seed over 2 teams that beat them 

I know everyone is trying not to be publicly insensitive around the league, but you have to imagine that there are some pretty irate people in front offices right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:34 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Bills have done what's in their best interest, sying they don't waant to resume getting their asses kicked. I don't blame them. Our franchise should heve taken the opposite approach and said they wanted the damn game played at some point. They could have forced the Bills to play or forfeit. 

In Bills forum, their fans literally said because of this situation, they have the upperhand to decide what they want. They know the public will support them, and all NFL cares is money so they don't want to damage reputation. As I said, we give them enough kindness by offering them to decide what to do with the game (as per Burrow interview). If they choose no contest and rally behind NFL to have homefield if they're #2, we're #3 and we meet them again in the playoff, I have no respest for them at all. That's low taking advantage of the public. Our players are damaged mentally also, and that scoreboard is 7-3 when the game suspended.
Reply/Quote
My only hope is the Bengals organization doesn't just lay down and take what the NFL gives them if it's not fair. I hope we aren't Mr nice guys. A lot of hard work and effort was put into this season by a lot of people. They deserve just as much as any other team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I think we had a better chance at the 1 seed than we did the 5 seed. The Bengals are the best team in the league, the Ravens are ass, and the Chiefs have barely beaten the Texans and the Broncos twice in the last 4 weeks.
Add in the Raiders took SF to OT last week, and have a backup QB playing for something to prove. I liked our chances winning out, and think there's at least a "fair" chance KC loses to the Raiders. I'm super disappointed with the no contest, but guess we'll wait and see. If the AFCG AND Divisional rounds are at neutral sites, that does make it "less" painful.
Reply/Quote
It's official, if KC, Bengals, and Bills all win this weekend, we're 3rd seed and we will go to their home in case of playoff matchup. Congrats to the Bills, you won the sympathy points. It looks like the NFL supports you while screwing the Bengals. No matter what, I want the team to be motivated and this proves kindness is only to be taken advantaged of.
Reply/Quote
We have been absolutely ***** shafted.

Pray the kids ok and makes a full recovery but honestly **** the Bills saying they don’t want to resume the game tough shift it’s your job.
Reply/Quote
If the Ravens win this weekend, and we play them in the WC round, a coin toss decides the location.
Reply/Quote
I'm angry, when we say we let the Bills decide, this is what they do to us. They know public sentiment in the social media era completely, they know they can do what they want because the public emotion is high right now. At the end, the public won't consider us as victim in this situation. F*** the NFL, f*** the Bills, we will go on the road to win whatever team we face just like last year.
Reply/Quote
Wow.

The scenario I feared the most all season long -- the Bengals having to play at Buffalo -- looks like is becoming closer to a reality. Last year, I was rooting for KC, because I feared the Bills more than KC, and I had the same feeling this year. Indeed, the Bills were Super Bowl favorites most of the year.

I was looking forward to beating Buffalo at home and making sure the playoff game would be at home. But, now we have a major, major challenge ahead.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:59 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Well they kinda are going to because of Mondays fall out. If starters choose to sit, the chance of winning is pretty low and now tgey are only playing 16 games. Kinda hurts for that 3 seed or better.

No doubt they are losing the competitive advantage through no fault of their own, but they aren't going to rest starters when a home playoff game and potential two seed is still up for grabs.  
Reply/Quote