Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More BULLSH*T from Fox Sports on Burrow
The truth is that other teams and the fans are S-C-A-R-E-D of the Bengals. One of my friends who is a diehard Browns fan won't stop talking Burrow and how were gonna waste away his promising career. In reality hes scared to death that Burrow is going to change this franchise for the good.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 01:56 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would be a little easier to buy that if they weren't gushing all over the Dolphins, who the Bengals have been better than over the last 16 years and they possess a 20 year playoff win drought of their own.  

Exactly. We’ve been much better than Cleveland, Miami, Washington, Detroit, and plenty of other teams the over the past decade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I unfortunately came across that clip on youtube, Who the hell is that guy. I can't believe he is still going on about "Burrow doesn't want to go to the Bengals" Bollocks.
They all know that we will pick Joe and that Joe and his dad said that he will be happy, I wonder what team they will all start trashing when we start winning with Joe.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 11:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is what empty minds are...talking heads.  I am going large with Burrow saying Bengals will go 10-6 and win in playoffs.  Hell, they should have won 6-8 games last year.    Burrow will love it here in Cincinnati.  He will be the Mayor, Governor, and whatever other leader of Ohio.

We have one of those already, and his name is Sean Casey..... Burrow has a long way to go to surpass the Mayor.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well, their hot take worked. They got your click. They know what they're saying is trash.

Try to ignore the non-sense and enjoy that the Bengals spent big in free agency, are getting back a 1st round LT, a border-line HOF WR, and will be drafting a franchise QB next week.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 01:56 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would be a little easier to buy that if they weren't gushing all over the Dolphins, who the Bengals have been better than over the last 16 years and they possess a 20 year playoff win drought of their own.  

Yep

S.A. Smith in his rant mentions Detroit as a better landing spot for Burrow. Ummm what have they done in last 20 years ??? It's pathetic
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

S.A. Smith in his rant mentions Detroit as a better landing spot for Burrow. Ummm what have they done in last 20 years ??? It's pathetic

ESPN announced a 15% pay cut to it on air employees, including SAS. Today Steven is trying to get clicks and prove his worth.
Fox Sports talking heads and probably other networks got the message.
Get off your ass and drive traffic!! Or you get a haircut. As most know, network journalism, facts and truth are occasionally useful to any report.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 08:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Wasted the careers of a generational WR and a pretty good QB...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 11:15 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/13/stephen-a-smith-shreds-bengals-joe-burrow-tua-tagovailoa-rant/amp/

Apparently, all of Fox Sports and ESPN was on this today. Stephen A Smith wasn't going to be outdone.

Wow Smith really said Tua would have a better career because he'd be going somewhere like Miami or Detroit.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well... Burrows latest comments are not going to help dispell these rumours.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Well... Burrows latest comments are not going to help dispell these rumours.

Dear lord, now what?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Well... Burrows latest comments are not going to help dispell these rumours.

Care to share? I see nothing new online.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dear lord, now what?

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It’s no secret he’s not crazy about coming here. Other than “being home for dinner” I’ve never seen him say anything about being happy to play here. All that matters is that he is willing to.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Synric Wrote:

I realize I'm a cynic and downer compared to most on here, but I'd rather hear Burrow admit that he isn't over the moon about being here because it shows he is a realistic person and he isn't just spouting a bunch of rah rah BS.  The guy is admitting that those who go first tend to go to less than ideal situations.  If he were saying there is no place I"d rather be than Cincy and I only want to play there then I'd assume he was already counting the days until he was a FA.

It's like when people get married and say it's not always going to be easy but we will do our best and make it work versus the hollywood "We are so in love that we know every day will be 100% amazing and nothing will ever go wrong and you are the only person on earth for me and I'll drop dead instantly if you ever frown!"

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the idea that Burrow is some sort of ravenous maniac who is addicted to free-basing winning and will go on a total rampage if he doesn't win doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as a guy who will admit it's a hard road but he's willing to take the challenge head on.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize I'm a cynic and downer compared to most on here, but I'd rather hear Burrow admit that he isn't over the moon about being here because it shows he is a realistic person and he isn't just spouting a bunch of rah rah BS.  The guy is admitting that those who go first tend to go to less than ideal situations.  If he were saying there is no place I"d rather be than Cincy and I only want to play there then I'd assume he was already counting the days until he was a FA.

It's like when people get married and say it's not always going to be easy but we will do our best and make it work versus the hollywood "We are so in love that we know every day will be 100% amazing and nothing will ever go wrong and you are the only person on earth for me and I'll drop dead instantly if you ever frown!"

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the idea that Burrow is some sort of ravenous maniac who is addicted to free-basing winning and will go on a total rampage if he doesn't win doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as a guy who will admit it's a hard road but he's willing to take the challenge head on.

Just saying I can guess the next Mike Florio headline that will pop up in a few hours.

"Joe Burrow wants to do away with draft so he doesn't have to play for the Bengals."

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: Just saying I can guess the next Mike Florio headline that will pop up in a few hours.

"Joe Burrow wants to do away with draft so he doesn't have to play for the Bengals."

I'm sure, and I've said before I don't blame people for running with the notion.  It's not the most outlandish thing AND they're trying to fill space and get clicks so I don't take it personally.  
Reply/Quote
Burrow's comments are realistic, I suppose, but also disappointing to some extent. I don't need him chanting "Who Dey!" but I'd rather hear him say, "It's a privilege to be in the NFL and potentially be the #1 pick. I'll take on the challenge of helping the team that drafts me." Instead, he's offering criticism for the concept of how drafts work, with his engineering comment about such professionals picking where they want to work, and the persevere comment reeks of, "I'll have to deal with being a Bengal."

As a Bengals fan, it just sucks this is the narrative: the potential #1 pick is weary of getting drafted by the Bengals.

After he's drafted and is on the Bengals, it will be interesting to see how he responds in interviews. Does he continue the ambiguous comments or focus on football and winning?
Reply/Quote
Joe realizes that any team that needs a quarterback and drafts him in the first round is probably going to pose a challenge. If you are drafting in the top 10 there's a good reason why. It's not like he's walking into a situation like KC or NE where they've had a few years of continued success. When has it ever been when the projected number one pick has walked into a good situation like that? Never. You're getting drafted number one by a team that needs you to be that guy that everyone thinks you will be.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow's comments are realistic, I suppose, but also disappointing to some extent.  I don't need him chanting "Who Dey!" but I'd rather hear him say, "It's a privilege to be in the NFL and potentially be the #1 pick.  I'll take on the challenge of helping the team that drafts me."  Instead, he's offering criticism for the concept of how drafts work, with his engineering comment about such professionals picking where they want to work, and the persevere comment reeks of, "I'll have to deal with being a Bengal."

As a Bengals fan, it just sucks this is the narrative: the potential #1 pick is weary of getting drafted by the Bengals.

After he's drafted and is on the Bengals, it will be interesting to see how he responds in interviews.  Does he continue the ambiguous comments or focus on football and winning?

That's the double edged sword of wanting a franchise face who is cocky and confident enough to speak his mind.  We are now sick to death of Dalton putting his niceguy varnish on everything and if we are going to embrace a confident fellow who isn't afraid to rattle some cages this is what we are going to get.

We want Burrow to call people out when they blow it and well, the Bengals have been blowing it for years so here we are and let's see how we respond.
Reply/Quote