Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
(03-19-2019, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have had very few players I would call "elite" over the last decade.  Personally I think 5......Green, Atkins, Whitworth, Eifert, and Burfict.

We only got 1 full elite season out of Eifert, and 2 out of Burfict.  I know the Bengals are not the best ran team in the league, but it really seems like we are cursed sometimes.  Almost half of the elite players we have had in the last decade had their careers ruined by injuries.

That is brutal for a team as thin as we are.

.....all the way back to Greg Cook.

Yeah, when you're thin, these injuries/suspensions/partying problems, etc really crush a team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great player. I will miss him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: But even that hit on Brown wasn't the penalty that killed us that night.  It was the Pacman penalty that did us in.  Why do people so conveniently forget that fact when they get on their soapbox?

Also, why is the need to condemn so strong as to carry over into the respect for Burfict thread?

I'm not forgetting that.  But if burfict doesn't make that hit then that penalty never happens right?  You can't have it both ways.  You can't say if hill never fumbles ...

And why bring it up here?  Because you have to give respect to get respect and this guy clearly didn't play with respect for anyone else of the field including his own team so why does he get a thread thanking him.  Thank him for what?  Blowing our best chance at winning a playoff game in the last 30years?  Ok then

Thanks burfict.

Happy?
Reply/Quote
There are plenty of other threads where you can bash Burfict. You’ve gone to troll level on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: But even that hit on Brown wasn't the penalty that killed us that night.  It was the Pacman penalty that did us in.  Why do people so conveniently forget that fact when they get on their soapbox?

Also, why is the need to condemn so strong as to carry over into the respect for Burfict thread?

Oh let's not forget that a certain douchebag coach was mingling in the Bengals defensive huddle when Pacman went all Pacman... Granted, Pacman should've walked away. That's something he really seems to struggle with. When he hit that lady on video at the bar in Cincinnati, he started to walk away from her 2-3 times before letting her lure him back into the confrontation.

Then there's the fact that Martavis Bryant's TD catch really wasn't. So, you know... The Steelers needed more than a FG to win that game at that point. What a shit show... But yeah. Let's pin that loss on Vontaze Burfict. The only Bengal who stood out that night.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 06:51 PM)jason Wrote: Oh let's  not forget that a certain douchebag coach was mingling in the Bengals defensive huddle when Pacman went all Pacman... Granted, Pacman should've walked away. That's something he really seems to struggle with. When he hit that lady on video at the bar in Cincinnati, he started to walk away from her 2-3 times before letting her lure him back into the confrontation.

Then there's the fact that Martavis Bryant's TD catch really wasn't. So, you know... The Steelers needed more than a FG to win that game at that point. What a shit show... But yeah. Let's pin that loss on Vontaze Burfict. The only Bengal who stood out that night.

tez will sign with the raiders,their D coach loves him and he is a very smart player in that he knows what all the other players are supposed to be doing and Paulie said he would keep him around to coach. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 06:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not forgetting that.  But if burfict doesn't make that hit then that penalty never happens right?  You can't have it both ways.  You can't say if hill never fumbles ...

And why bring it up here?  Because you have to give respect to get respect and this guy clearly didn't play with respect for anyone else of the field including his own team so why does he get a thread thanking him.  Thank him for what?  Blowing our best chance at winning a playoff game in the last 30years?  Ok then

Thanks burfict.

Happy?

We can do this all day. Without Burfict, we're never even in a position to win.  Oh, right.  You conveniently forgot that. Shame it has to be in the Burfict respect thread and not one of the other ***** my head off about Burfict threads.  Some people just don't know the meaning of the word respect.  Fewer and fewer, in fact. 

And this is what you keep proving again and again about you--

"I have my opinion and I'm gonna say my piece over and over again anywhere I want and I don't care what anyone says.  Respect?  I don't believe in it. That's for chumps."  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:38 PM)McC Wrote: We can do this all day. Without Burfict, we're never even in a position to win.  Oh, right.  You conveniently forgot that. Shame it has to be in the Burfict respect thread and not one of the other ***** my head off about Burfict threads.  Some people just don't know the meaning of the word respect.  Fewer and fewer, in fact. 

And this is what you keep proving again and again about you--

"I have my opinion and I'm gonna say my piece over and over again anywhere I want and I don't care what anyone says.  Respect?  I don't believe in it. That's for chumps."  

You clearly haven't actually read any of my post and now have now crossed the line from respectfuly discussing our difference of opinion to personaly attacking me.

I hope you reread what you just wrote and understand the irony of it.
Reply/Quote
He read your post, genius. He just doesn’t agree with you. You don’t shit all over somebody else’s respect thread. Troll. You basically said you have decided that nobody has the right to start a respect thread for Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:42 PM)motoarch Wrote: You clearly haven't actually read any of my post and now have now crossed the line from respectfuly discussing our difference of opinion to personaly attacking me.

I hope you reread what you just wrote and understand the irony of it.
I read every one of your hate on Burfict, good riddance to him posts in the Much Respect for Burfict thread.

What I understand is that you understand nothing about respect.  Makes you a real modern kinda guy.  Bully for you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I appreciate the effort and intensity he brought to the d. For several years it seemed we were lacking that “enforcer” and he brought that. The dude made some interceptions I didn’t think possible for a guy his size. I loved the he was in the head of steeler players and didn’t crap off anyone.

The Pittsburgh playoff game is a perfect synopsis of his career. If I want to rail on anything he did I’ll find the appropriate post.

I seriously wonder if it might be time for him to consider hanging em up for his long term health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:13 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The Pittsburgh playoff game is a perfect synopsis of his career. 

100% agree with this.
Reply/Quote
Well... He already landed in Oakland. We better do some serious upgrading to the LB position, or we'll be regretting this. The guy was looking in pretty good shape... And I think that as bottom dwellers in the division, we'll be seeing him this year... Motivated and in shape.

Bench Eifert that week...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: Well... He already landed in Oakland. We better do some serious upgrading to the LB position, or we'll be regretting this. The guy was looking in pretty good shape... And I think that as bottom dwellers in the division, we'll be seeing him this year... Motivated and in shape.

Bench Eifert that week...

He signed with them?

Also, if ever a guy had Raider written all over him, it's Burfict. Unfortunately, it's no longer 1978. Wonder if the target stays on his back.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:34 PM)McC Wrote: He signed with them?

Also, if ever a guy had Raider written all over him, it's Burfict.  Unfortunately, it's no longer 1978.  Wonder if the target stays on his back.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/raiders-sign-vontaze-burfict/

Quote:Burfict was released by the Bengals on Monday, but he was on his way to Oakland to visit with the Raiders on Monday and that meeting was all it took for him to land another job. The Raiders announced that Burfict has signed with the team on Tuesday night.

Raiders aren't on our schedule this year are they?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/raiders-sign-vontaze-burfict/

Yes, and we travel to them.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/19/raiders-sign-vontaze-burfict/

Yup, in wherever Oakland is going to play their home games this year too. 

That game just got a BUNCH more interesting.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: The guy was looking in pretty good shape... Motivated and in shape.

Yea, I saw the video, too.  Was actually looking forward to seeing what he could bring to the field, this season.
Too bad it will be in Oakland.
Reply/Quote
If the NFL wants headlines, that game against Oakland would be interesting for the international game since both teams are set to go this year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:57 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If the NFL wants headlines, that game against Oakland would be interesting for the international game since both teams are set to go this year.

Bengals are already playing the Rams in London, doubt they'd be chosen for a 2nd international game.
Reply/Quote