Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Murray update
(02-01-2019, 03:56 PM)McC Wrote: So he's playing games with both sides.  Yeah, people love that shit.  Is he your hero or something?

He is negotiating a better deal. Have you never negotiated any terms of your employment? Have you never negotiated a raise? If not then maybe that is where your disconnect comes from here. It's not personal it's just business.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is negotiating a better deal. Have you never negotiated any terms of your employment? Have you never negotiated a raise? If not then maybe that is where your disconnect comes from here. It's not personal it's just business.

You're the only one I hear saying this.  Everybody else I hear talk about it just says he hasn't made up his mind.  Seems like you're making it more sinister or underhanded or double dealing than it might really be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 04:21 PM)McC Wrote: You're the only one I hear saying this.  Everybody else I hear talk about it just says he hasn't made up his mind.  Seems like you're making it more sinister or underhanded or double dealing than it might really be.

Baseball didn't move so he entered. Now the rumbling is he has allowed his agent to play both sides of the fence to see where the better deal is. There are still talks the A's would carry him on their 40 man so he could make more money day 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote:
Baseball didn't move so he entered. Now the rumbling is he has allowed his agent to play both sides of the fence to see where the better deal is. There are still talks the A's would carry him on their 40 man so he could make more money day 1.

So he didn't get the 15 mil from the A's, doesn't that mean his leverage is gone?  Sounds like the A's called his bluff and now it's football or bust.

Another thing is, has he ever hit major league pitching?  Lots of college and minor league studs flop like a fish on the dock in the major leagues.  The A's would be insane to give him 15 mil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Despite being a great athlete as BTW never heard of the kid until Heisman winner. But he is too cocky and very assure of himself.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Keep telling u guys he's gonna go late2-early 3 bc of commitment issue... this won't help

Kyler Murray was just interviewed on NFL Network and he's still torn on baseball or football. He says no decision has been made yet but it'll come soon.

Jon Gruden is practically drooling over Murray and he's got two 1st round picks available... there's a more than great chance that he uses one of those on Murray! 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: While I look for this for comparison the 32nd pick in the draft gets a $5 Million signing bonus, which is why he will demand to be taken in round 1.

Hum, any player who wants to tell me when I need to draft him would automatically be off my draft board with a note saying, "selfish me player - never draft or sign". His financial problems are his and his alone. He took the money from baseball and the fact that he's talking about reneging on it already just plain would turn me off from ever considering spending any draft pick for him. I'd rather have guys who want to be there and aren't going to disappear after signing a deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 01:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum, any player who wants to tell me when I need to draft him would automatically be off my draft board with a note saying, "selfish me player - never draft or sign". His financial problems are his and his alone. He took the money from baseball and the fact that he's talking about reneging on it already just plain would turn me off from ever considering spending any draft pick for him. I'd rather have guys who want to be there and aren't going to disappear after signing a deal.

So Elway should have been off the Bronco's board? Same with Eli Manning right? Man those two franchises would have really screwed up if they did that.

Technically both guys were drafted by teams they refused to play for and were traded, but you get my point on that being "Red Flags". In fact of people who have done this all of them have panned out. Bo Jackson also refused to sign with the Bucs after they drafted him 1st overall.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 01:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: So Elway should have been off the Bronco's board? Same with Eli Manning right? Man those two franchises would have really screwed up if they did that.

Technically both guys were drafted by teams they refused to play for and were traded, but you get my point on that being "Red Flags". In fact of people who have done this all of them have panned out. Bo Jackson also refused to sign with the Bucs after they drafted him 1st overall.

Not the same thing at all. How did drafting Elway work out for the Colts? How did drafting Manning work out for the Chargers? Not very good for either team. Jackson did nothing for the Bucs, not a single yard.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 01:48 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not the same thing at all. How did drafting Elway work out for the Colts? How did drafting Manning work out for the Chargers? Not very good for either team. Jackson did nothing for the Bucs, not a single yard.

This actually proves my point, thanks for that. They all warned teams not to draft them, the teams didn't listen. In the end all three teams had to trade the players. They all three tried to manipulate where they would be drafted and it "didn't work" only to eventually get them somewhere they wanted to be.

Murray is doing the exact same thing right now, yet everyone kind of forgets these three very successful people tried it as well. Again, I don't see the red flag when looking at the historic precedent of those who also tried to manipulate where they went. Those teams that eventually traded for those players I think are happy they didn't remove them from their boards.
Reply/Quote
Side note this is all kind of moot as almost every mock by those in the know have him as a top 15 pick.
Reply/Quote
I think he's going at 11........
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Of course he wants the best deal or if he has a preference say baseball to get them to up the price. Football is slotted for rookie contracts so no leverage to get more money out of any NFL team.

I thought he had to report to spring training in a few weeks, if he reports, then likely he chose baseball for now. But, I do think he is 1st round pick if he does not go to spring training. I don't see an NFL team drafting him in round 1 with no guarantee he is going to sign. A 1st round pick is too valuable to just toss away.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 01:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: This actually proves my point, thanks for that. They all warned teams not to draft them, the teams didn't listen. In the end all three teams had to trade the players. They all three tried to manipulate where they would be drafted and it "didn't work" only to eventually get them somewhere they wanted to be.

Murray is doing the exact same thing right now, yet everyone kind of forgets these three very successful people tried it as well. Again, I don't see the red flag when looking at the historic precedent of those who also tried to manipulate where they went. Those teams that eventually traded for those players I think are happy they didn't remove them from their boards.

Why would anyone draft a guy who has already threatening to renege on a contract he signed where he received a $5M signing bonus. That was not what Elway or Manning did. Let some other team waste their pick on him.

Reply/Quote
CBS Sports latest mock has us drafting him in the first.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 10:03 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Despite being a great athlete as BTW never heard of the kid until Heisman winner. But he is too cocky and very assure of himself.

Baker Mayfield was too, but that didn't stop him from being drafted 1st overall and breaking the rookie record for TD passes and having a 6-7 record on a team that was winless the year before.

My point with comparing to Mayfield is cockiness is fine if he can back it up. Let's wait and see how he would do in the NFL before writing him off due to his perceived cocky attitude.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cockiness will never be an issue for me. So long as it doesn't become straight-up arrogance.

I'd like to eventually get a QB in here with some swagger to him. I like Dalton well enough, but his ability to fire up the troops is not great.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I've been hearing more and more lately of us taking Murray in the first.  Just yesterday Fielding Yost or Yates was on the radio yesterday, Golic and Wingo show, and he said by us taking Kyler Murray in the first it would immediately make us Offensively Relevant again.  Personally, I don't think its the right move to make when we have SO MANY more areas of need, but I'm not as down on Murray as some other folks are around here. I just think some of the national pundits are salivating at the chance of seeing Baker play Murray twice every year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:38 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I've been hearing more and more lately of us taking Murray in the first.  Just yesterday Fielding Yost or Yates was on the radio yesterday, Golic and Wingo show, and he said by us taking Kyler Murray in the first it would immediately make us Offensively Relevant again.  Personally, I don't think its the right move to make when we have SO MANY more areas of need, but I'm not as down on Murray as some other folks are around here. I just think some of the national pundits are salivating at the chance of seeing Baker play Murray twice every year.

Yep that's a possibility and from what I hear, the Bengals are one of the teams Murray would say yes to.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 02:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep that's a possibility and from what I hear, the Bengals are one of the teams Murray would say yes to.

Really?  I'm a bit surprised to hear this.

Reply/Quote