Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Murray update
(03-13-2019, 01:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Ben Powers and Dru Samia. Powers actually sounded exactly like the linemen Turner talked about in his interview.

I actually like Powers and he is a good day 3 pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Cardinals - still have Josh Rosen
4. Raiders - still have Derek Carr
6. Giants - still have Eli Manning / reportedly not interested in Haskins / have a connection to Daniel Jones / might be in play for Josh Rosen
7. Jaguars - signed Nick Foles
10. Broncos - signed Joe Flacco
11. Bengals - still have Andy Dalton
13. Dolphins - signed Ryan Fitzpatrick
15. Redskins - signed Case Keenum

Taking a look at this, I'm almost starting to wonder if Haskins dropping to #11 is a real possibility. Murray to Arizona seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 1. Cardinals - still have Josh Rosen
4. Raiders - still have Derek Carr
6. Giants - still have Eli Manning / reportedly not interested in Haskins / have a connection to Daniel Jones / might be in play for Josh Rosen
7. Jaguars - signed Nick Foles
10. Broncos - signed Joe Flacco
11. Bengals - still have Andy Dalton
13. Dolphins - signed Ryan Fitzpatrick
15. Redskins - signed Case Keenum

Taking a look at this, I'm almost starting to wonder if Haskins dropping to #11 is a real possibility.  Murray to Arizona seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.

Even if I had one of the QBs listed above, I wouldn't rule out Murray, Haskins, Jones, or Lock to any of those teams. My plan would be to groom that first-round QB for a year behind the existing starter because all have something to work on before being forced into a starting role.

Regarding the Bengals, we know Taylor was at Oklahoma Pro Day, but I heard he was actually focused more on Ford rather than Murray. Is he at Ohio St's today?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if I had one of the QBs listed above, I wouldn't rule out Murray, Haskins, Jones, or Lock to any of those teams. My plan would be to groom that first-round QB for a year behind the existing starter because all have something to work on before being forced into a starting role.

Regarding the Bengals, we know Taylor was at Oklahoma Pro Day, but I heard he was actually focused more on Ford rather than Murray. Is he at Ohio St's today?

Yeah you're right.  All I'm saying is with all of these veteran/stop-gag QB moves in free agency, I'm seeing a clearer path to Haskins falling to #11.  If you had asked me even two weeks ago I would've said "No way."  Some of those teams might be looking ahead to 2020 where the QB class is (presumably) stronger.  

Maybe I'm falling for the mother of all smokescreens, but I'm just assuming Murray's going to Arizona at this point.  Which means it's a three-way fight between Haskins, Lock, and Jones.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yeah you're right.  All I'm saying is with all of these veteran/stop-gag QB moves in free agency, I'm seeing a clearer path to Haskins falling to #11.  If you had asked me even two weeks ago I would've said "No way."  Some of those teams might be looking ahead to 2020 where the QB class is (presumably) stronger.  

Maybe I'm falling for the mother of all smokescreens, but I'm just assuming Murray's going to Arizona at this point.  Which means it's a three-way fight between Haskins, Lock, and Jones.  

Rumor today is the Redskins my be in talks with the Jets to get to 3 to take him. 
Reply/Quote
Should the Bengals take Haskins or Murray if available at 11? I don't know how I would feel about this.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should the Bengals take Haskins or Murray if available at 11?  I don't know how I would feel about this.

I don't think Murray will ever get to 11.  If he somehow gets to 4, Gruden will not be able to help himself.  He will have to take him, Carr or not.

At 11, I would take Haskins.  Except for years of starting experience, he checks all the boxes. 

But taking him creates some serious questions.  Do you keep Andy and sit Haskins for a year, giving up a whole year of the precious rookie deal?  If the plan would be to start him, what about AD?  Is he trade bait or an expensive backup?  And if you take Haskins, are you writing off the coming season by virtue of not filling a hole at 11?

That would be a very interesting scenario, to say the least.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 02:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should the Bengals take Haskins or Murray if available at 11?  I don't know how I would feel about this.

I don't think either get to us, interest in Haskins seems to be heating up. If one does I think we will have plenty of suitors willing to trade with us for the 11th pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think either get to us, interest in Haskins seems to be heating up. If one does I think we will have plenty of suitors willing to trade with us for the 11th pick.

I wonder if we'll even bring him in for a visit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think either get to us, interest in Haskins seems to be heating up. If one does I think we will have plenty of suitors willing to trade with us for the 11th pick.

So I take that as a no in taking Haskins if there at 11?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So I take that as a no in taking Haskins if there at 11?

I like the guy a lot but I think the demand would get us better value moving back to say 15 with the Redskins.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if we'll even bring him in for a visit.

Probably not. I suspect the Bengals would take a mid-round prospect at best to be the backup. I think they want to give Dalton (at least) a year to see how he does in this new offense before looking for his replacement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wonder if JPoore is ready to concede and attempt to cut a deal?
Reply/Quote
I was touting Murray back when everyone claimed he was 5'8" and 180 lbs. The tape doesn't lie. He is amazing. The cats out now, no way he makes it to 11. If he does it's a no brainer. With that said, I am fine with Haskins and it is possible he slides.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:36 PM)yang Wrote: I was touting Murray back when everyone claimed he was 5'8" and 180 lbs.  The tape doesn't lie.  He is amazing.  The cats out now, no way he makes it to 11.  If he does it's a no brainer.  With that said, I am fine with Haskins and it is possible he slides.

Possible?  Eh.  Likely?  No way in hell.  He's a QB who can actually throw well with anticipation.  People have made top ten picks out of way lesser QB's.

Reply/Quote
This is interesting, maybe the Raiders are faking interest to draw interest....but part of me thinks they are just crazy enough to make a play for a QB.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is interesting, maybe the Raiders are faking interest to draw interest....but part of me thinks they are just crazy enough to make a play for a QB.

Carr has a pretty expensive contract, plus he's not a "Gruden guy" so it's possible.
Reply/Quote
Welp Jpoore it was fun but you are now banned from making any predictions or evaluations of prospects for a year. See you in 2021!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Welp Jpoore it was fun but you are now banned from making any predictions or evaluations of prospects for a year. See you in 2021!

Mmmmmm, salty! Lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Welp Jpoore it was fun but you are now banned from making any predictions or evaluations of prospects for a year. See you in 2021!

I've seen a lot of bad bets going back to the mothership, but that has to be the worst I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote