Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(03-04-2020, 10:59 PM)jason Wrote: You were making a solid argument til you threw in the OSU homer jab. I'm still for picking Burrow because well... What the hell? But... Chase Young will wreck shop next season in a similar fashion to the Bosa brothers while Joe Burrow will put up numbers nowhere near the 900 TDs and 6 ints he threw for last year. Im not sayin' he can't be great, but there will be growing pains. Young will have an instant impact especially if he's teamed with Sweat and Allen in Washington. Everybody can spout off about 3 games, but Young is the best prospect in this draft. NFL.com had a mock today based purely off analytics... Burrow went 5th.

Sorry Jason, I just see a lot of homerism going for Chase on here when we all know what we need. A QB to win the big game.

I am sorry if I offended your fanship of OSU. Truly apologize and I have been drinking a few brewskies on this fine spring day.

Cheers

But bottom line, teams had to account for both of these players and one played beyond great and the other played decent. 

We all know the most important position in sports and if we took Chase Young I would be beyond depressed.

Defense might get a bit better but it doesn't matter with our LB'ers and our QB.

We can't stop the drop off and we cannot score points if we Draft Chase Young. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:59 PM)jason Wrote: You were making a solid argument til you threw in the OSU homer jab. I'm still for picking Burrow because well... What the hell? But... Chase Young will wreck shop next season in a similar fashion to the Bosa brothers while Joe Burrow will put up numbers nowhere near the 900 TDs and 6 ints he threw for last year. Im not sayin' he can't be great, but there will be growing pains. Young will have an instant impact especially if he's teamed with Sweat and Allen in Washington. Everybody can spout off about 3 games, but Young is the best prospect in this draft. NFL.com had a mock today based purely off analytics... Burrow went 5th.

There is no reason Burrow can’t have an instant impact for us. The hayseed did for Cleveland. Hell he broke a record held by Peyton Manning...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 11:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Much appreciated, and its mutual.

I have to hope that Taylor watched game tape and some of his glaringly bad play calling moments stood out lol. Some of it was good, but there were times where it just seemed like he went against what was working at the worst times. But I'm also glad we have a chance at the best QB to come out at least since Luck. Perhaps our luck is changing.

It sure would be nice for once my friend.

This FO and Taylor and company just need to make some good moves and implement a good plan around Burrow.

I don't believe in luck or coincidences and we have got the short straw way too many times for us to not get the long one once.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 11:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry Jason, I just see a lot of homerism going for Chase on here when we all know what we need. A QB to win the big game.

I am sorry if I offended your fanship of OSU. Truly apologize and I have been drinking a few brewskies on this fine spring day.

Cheers

But bottom line, teams had to account for both of these players and one played beyond great and the other played decent. 

We all know the most important position in sports and if we took Chase Young I would be beyond depressed.

Defense might get a bit better but it doesn't matter with our LB'ers and our QB.

No offense taken... And I fully own our obnoxious reputation. I think only Bama fans rival us in that department.

I agree.... I was slow to come around on Burrow. Partly because I remember him in spot work at Ohio State (meh)... But he erased all doubt that we should pick him in the title game. It's not like we have much choice. We burned the bridge with Andy, and we were getting him killed lately on top of that.

Either way (and it will be Burrow), us OSU homers win... Burrow was ours first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There is no argument for the #1 pick with our needs. As a former OSU student and lifelong Buckeye, I watch every OSU game religiously and fact is Chase Young had games where he disappeared. Burrow manned up every game and won himself a National Championship, and did so in impressive fashion. You take the obvious pick, which is Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 12:11 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: There is no argument for the #1 pick with our needs. As a former OSU student and lifelong Buckeye, I watch every OSU game religiously and fact is Chase Young had games where he disappeared. Burrow manned up every game and won himself a National Championship, and did so in impressive fashion. You take the obvious pick, which is Joe Burrow.

Rep for the unbiased opinion. It’s wasn’t always because Young was “quadruple teamed” lol

Sometimes he just lost his battles, and didn’t look as dominant against the tougher competition in the bigger games.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 12:11 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: There is no argument for the #1 pick with our needs. As a former OSU student and lifelong Buckeye, I watch every OSU game religiously and fact is Chase Young had games where he disappeared. Burrow manned up every game and won himself a National Championship, and did so in impressive fashion. You take the obvious pick, which is Joe Burrow.

I have stated that numerous times. Love Chase and he will be a great player for the Redskins, but I am feeling good about Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 11:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry Jason, I just see a lot of homerism going for Chase on here when we all know what we need. A QB to win the big game.

Cheers

Nate, thems fight'n words brother!  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: No offense taken... And I fully own our obnoxious reputation. I think only Bama fans rival us in that department.

I agree.... I was slow to come around on Burrow. Partly because I remember him in spot work at Ohio State (meh)... But he erased all doubt that we should pick him in the title game. It's not like we have much choice. We burned the bridge with Andy, and we were getting him killed lately on top of that.

Proud Buckeye Homer also!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: No offense taken... And I fully own our obnoxious reputation. I think only Bama fans rival us in that department.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock On

I could talk about Burrow Vs Young for days. I found it pretty funny that Frelund on NFL Network said Chase would have a better impact than Burrow for the Bengals based on Analytics.
I'm a huge OSU fan, big Young fan; but, my GF also has a nephew rotating on LSU's Defense as a true freshman. So, we watched every game for LSU this year. I became a Burrow fan during the Auburn game and then solidified after they beat Alabama in Alabama (as his OL carried Burrow out of the stadium on their shoulders, (When's the last time you've seen that)? Lol

But, I just have one question for all the Chase Young fans out there.
Do you remember who the Defensive ends were during all of NE's Super Bowl victories?
More importantly, who were the most valuable players most of the time? Tom Brady? Mahomes? Rodgers? Mannings? Brees? Etc, etc....
Why? Because they are the unquestioned leaders of the team, not the DE's.
Can you name one defensive end from NE or any other SB team that's ever been more valuable to the team than Tom Brady? Drew Brees? Mahomes? Rodgers? Big Ben? Mannings? Elway? Etc, etc.....You may find one or two, but it's all about the QB folks.

It starts with the QB and ends with the QB in this league. You don't hear analysts ever saying that it begins and ends with the DE's to get you to and through the playoffs/SB.

If there's even a chance that this kid could be the next type of Mahomes, Luck, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, etc...you have to make that Pick! The kid could be the face of your franchise for the next 10-12 years. You just can't pass that up.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 04:47 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I could talk about Burrow Vs Young for days. I found it pretty funny that Frelund on NFL Network said Chase would have a better impact than Burrow for the Bengals based on Analytics.
I'm a huge OSU fan, big Young fan; but, my GF also has a nephew rotating on LSU's Defense as a true freshman. So, we watched every game for LSU this year. I became a Burrow fan during the Auburn game and then solidified after they beat Alabama in Alabama (as his OL carried Burrow out of the stadium on their shoulders, (When's the last time you've seen that)? Lol

Do you remember who the Defensive ends were during all of NE's Super Bowl victories?
More importantly, who were the most valuable players most of the time? Tom Brady? Mahomes? Rodgers? Mannings? Brees? Etc, etc....
Can you name one defensive end from NE or any other SB team that's ever been more valuable to the team than Tom Brady? Drew Brees? Mahomes? Rodgers? Big Ben? Mannings? Elway? Etc, etc.....You may find one or two, but it's all about the QB folks.

It starts with the QB and ends with the QB in this league. You don't hear analysts ever saying that it begins and ends with the DE's to get you to and through the playoffs/SB.

If there's even a chance that this kid could be the next type of Mahomes, Luck, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, etc...you have to make that Pick! The kid could be the face of your franchise for the next 10-12 years. You just can't pass that up.

That Nincovic guy was one of the DEs... Was Chandler Jones another?

I know who the DEs were who beat Brady though. Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, JPP...

I'm all for Burrow but don't discount the effects of putting a QB on his ass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 04:47 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I could talk about Burrow Vs Young for days. I found it pretty funny that Frelund on NFL Network said Chase would have a better impact than Burrow for the Bengals based on Analytics.

How DARE you besmirch the great Rob Ninkovic! Ninja
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Great post man, very well said. Nice to hear this from an OSU fan that has ties to LSU.

To try and answer your question the only team I can think of that the Ends had an enormous impact in a Superbowl 
was the Ends for the Giants against the Patriots, Umenyoira and Strahan and company. 

But still Eli had to make the big throws in the end to win it. The QB is the most important position in all of sports and 
Burrow just came off the greatest season for a QB in college history. To me it has never even been a question, at least
not since Burrow lit up Clemson in the championship.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post man, very well said. Nice to hear this from an OSU fan that has ties to LSU.

To try and answer your question the only team I can think of that the Ends had an enormous impact in a Superbowl 
was the Ends for the Giants against the Patriots, Umenyoira and Strahan and company. 

But still Eli had to make the big throws in the end to win it. The QB is the most important position in all of sports and 
Burrow just came off the greatest season for a QB in college history. To me it has never even been a question, at least
not since Burrow lit up Clemson in the championship.

Thanks! Great answer with the Giants ends, and you could throw in there Graham for the Eagles making a big play at the end; but still, Eli and Foles get the MVP awards for great games.

Really though, it took until the Clemson game??? I don't think people understand how difficult it is to beat Alabama in Alabama. It just doesn't happen. Lol

All the other games were just icing on the cake for me; and, in EVERY damn game I'd watch that boy make scrambling/down field plays that I knew Dalton couldn't or wouldn't ever make. That's when I knew he'd be an upgrade from Dalton and we needed to draft him.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 07:54 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Thanks! Great answer with the Giants ends, and you could throw in there Graham for the Eagles making a big play at the end; but still, Eli and Foles get the MVP awards for great games.

Really though, it took until the Clemson game??? I don't think people understand how difficult it is to beat Alabama in Alabama. It just doesn't happen. Lol

All the other games were just icing on the cake for me; and, in EVERY damn game I'd watch that boy make scrambling/down field plays that I knew Dalton couldn't or wouldn't ever make. That's when I knew he'd be an upgrade from Dalton and we needed to draft him.

Yeah, it was earlier, the Bama game sealed it for me honestly. That was who I wanted at that moment.
Reply/Quote
FFS!! I guess we should just eliminate the DE position. I mean, it's one of the lowest payed positions in all of football, must be a reason for that? (Sarcasm) As if I should even have to make that understood.

These dudes named Charles Haley, Reggie White, Dwight Freeney, Michael Strahan, Von Miller, Richard Dent, Randy White, Warren Sapp, DeMarcus Ware, Fletcher Cox, Terrell Suggs......Lee Roy Selmon, Harvey Martin, LC Greenwood, Dexter Manley.... Yeah, that position, and those guys stunk it up!! Never contributed jack shit to the teams they played for, or the championships that they won. ( Sarcasm again for you newbies) ( I'm aware that Selmon didn't win one, but a person would be a fool to leave him off of the list!!)
....Jim Marshall, Justin Tuck, Osi, just a couple more, I could continue......Jack Youngblood...ect................

Still the SSDD around here. We have the Burrow Boys Choir, replying with the same BS in every thread. Even the ones that don't have the word Burrow in the title!

I've watched this thread for well over a week. Everytime that a poster addresses the thread topic, a member of The Burrow Boys Choir immediately chimes in with their, " we're absolutely correct, and if you don't think like us, you're wrong, and we're going to browbeat all of you until you agree with us," opinions...
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 08:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: FFS!! I guess we should just eliminate the DE position. I mean, it's one of the lowest payed positions in all of football, must be a reason for that?  (Sarcasm) As if I should even have to make that understood.

These dudes named Charles Haley, Reggie White, Dwight Freeney, Michael Strahan, Von Miller, Richard Dent, Randy White, Warren Sapp, DeMarcus Ware, Fletcher Cox, Terrell Suggs......Lee Roy Selmon, Harvey Martin, LC Greenwood, Dexter Manley.... Yeah, that position, and those guys stunk it up!! Never contributed jack shit to the teams they played for, or the championships that they won. ( Sarcasm again for you newbies) ( I'm aware that Selmon didn't win one, but a person would be a fool to leave him off of the list!!)
....Jim Marshall, Justin Tuck, Osi, just a couple more, I could continue......Jack Youngblood...ect................

Still the SSDD around here. We have the Burrow Boys Choir, replying with the same BS in every thread. Even the ones that don't have the word Burrow in the title!

I've watched this thread for well over a week. Everytime that a poster addresses the thread topic, a member of The Burrow Boys Choir immediately chimes in with their, " we're absolutely correct, and if you don't think like us, you're wrong, and we're going to browbeat all of you until you agree with us," opinions...

Calm down Coach, damn! Why do I have to do this to you all the time, you are going to have a heart attack or somethin'. Shocked 

What in the hell is wrong with saying we need a Franchise QB right now more than a DE? I can tell you what is wrong with 
saying we need a DE more than a QB at this time. This isn't cutting down Defensive Ends, this isn't cutting down Chase Young.

WTF?

Don't say I am apart of any boys choir either damn it. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 08:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: FFS!! I guess we should just eliminate the DE position. I mean, it's one of the lowest payed positions in all of football, must be a reason for that? (Sarcasm) As if I should even have to make that understood.

U mad bro?

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:14 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Tyrann Mathieu, Frank Clark, Darron Lee, Kendall Fuller, Terrell Suggs......Yeah, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that's what's called, "a little hep" on defense.  ThumbsUp

(03-05-2020, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Calm down Coach, damn! Why do I have to do this to you all the time, you are going to have a heart attack or somethin'. Shocked 

What in the hell is wrong with saying we need a Franchise QB right now more than a DE? I can tell you what is wrong with 
saying we need a DE more than a QB at this time. This isn't cutting down Defensive Ends, this isn't cutting down Chase Young.

WTF?

Don't say I am apart of any boys choir either damn it. Whatever
I am completely calm, Nate. Just pointing some things out. If CY contributes anything close to what the Bosa boys have , he will be very, very good.

At this point, we all agree that JB is going to be the pick. He has done nothing but impress. 

Ts, there is a very good argument to be made for picking Young first. Unfortunately, some just don't want to listen to it. For the final time, this draft is loaded with QB talent. Loaded!! Time will tell which will be the best. Hopefully, it will be the one the Bengals draft, but it could be any of 6 or 7 other QBs, in this draft.
Reply/Quote