Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
Lol horrible post. Chase Young was non existent against a Michigan. If we pick him over Burrow I’m burning my bengals gear
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 10:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Andre Smith wasone of the top RTs in the league in 13 and 14.  It would be stupid to passon a player like that just because he had flappy man boobs.

'14 he was injured for half the year buut...

He was a top 5 RT on PFF in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking the only way Burrow isn't the pick is if some team gives up all their comp picks for a year for him.. Mike Brown would be all over his comp picks.. Shocked

Look, I think Burrow has been over-hyped as much as anyone has ever been hyped in the NFL, but that doesn't erase what he did last year either way. The guy is already a made for TV movie before ever taking his first snap in the league and has a baby face to boot. He looks like he could be your average high school punk, but looks are deceiving. Germaine Pratt looks like he could be ready for retirement from a coal mine already so that means nothing..
 Nah, unless some team is willing to trade the moon, stars and the sun AND pay to completely rebuild PBS from the ground up with a covered dome AND pay off the stadium lease for 40 years Burrow will be the pick. OR Mike Brown has a stroke before draft day and insists in picking a kicker or something.. I just don't see it happening.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
No thank you... I'll take the best QB in the Draft and maybe the Best QB to ever hit the draft... There is no argument. Most of the time its cuz they are an OSU fan. Chase got shutdown his last 4 games and takes plays off. He has bust written all over him. Bradley Chubb and Myles Garret were similar players and they weren't worth it either..
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 10:55 AM)Tony Wrote: No thank you... I'll take the best QB in the Draft and maybe the Best QB to ever hit the draft... There is no argument. Most of the time its cuz they are an OSU fan. Chase got shutdown his last 4 games and takes plays off. He has bust written all over him. Bradley Chubb and Myles Garret were similar players and they weren't worth it either..

But, but, but...what IF he were Johnny Football? Nobody could call Johnny Football a bust. He didn't even qualify for bust status.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 10:55 AM)Tony Wrote: No thank you... I'll take the best QB in the Draft and maybe the Best QB to ever hit the draft... There is no argument. Most of the time its cuz they are an OSU fan. Chase got shutdown his last 4 games and takes plays off. He has bust written all over him. Bradley Chubb and Myles Garret were similar players and they weren't worth it either..
Did you look at Chubb & Garrett's stats? They're both really good. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 11:29 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Did you look at Chubb & Garrett's stats? They're both really good. 

But not Burrow good...at least during the college championship game good..

Now back to your regularly scheduled proper language usage time.. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote

Young won't be a bust; far from it.

Burrow is the sanest and most-logical choice, probably in NFL history, on par with Peyton (I'm talking taking them at one as opposed to someone else, not career-wise).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 11:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: But not Burrow good...at least during the college championship game good..

Now back to your regularly scheduled proper language usage time.. ThumbsUp

Not sure what your point is here. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You have to ask yourself if the gap isn't that wide, then why would any other team trade away all those extra high picks instead of just taking Tua or Herbert themselves.

This is fair. My response would be that I don't consider anything the obvious right or wrong move just because the Dolphins would or would not do it. They don't have this kind of reputation with me. If they evaluate the gap to be wider doesn't prove it actually is. They just as well might be wrong. 

Or both teeams might see Burrow as a 100% perfect fit for them and only a 95% perfect fit for the Bengals, a common origin for any trade.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 09:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know anything about football because I’m not an OSU homer...gtfoh with that lol

You draft the best players for your team based on many factors, but them playing for a school a lot of your fans like is NOT one of them. Let Chase Young go play in Maryland where he’s from, and we’ll take the real Ohio guy. Tongue

He won because he came up with enough plays in the 4th quarter. Ofc it was team effort, it’s football, but SF probably wins if KC has any other QB.

Correct. You need a great QB to win. No doubt. I'm not saying you don't. But he also doesn't win without a GREATLY improved KC defense which, as we all know, has been horrid in the past.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 01:41 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Correct. You need a great QB to win. No doubt. I'm not saying you don't. But he also doesn't win without a GREATLY improved KC defense which, as we all know, has been horrid in the past.

Tyrann Mathieu, Frank Clark, Darron Lee, Kendall Fuller, Terrell Suggs......Yeah, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that's what's called, "a little hep" on defense.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 07:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like Joe Burrow and would not be upset if the Bengals picked him first in the draft. However, I still think the Bengals should keep Dalton one more year and pick Chase Young as the top draft pick. The first comment is defense wins championships. Chase is a beast and would secure the defense for many years to come. I guess I am asking for patience in getting a QB later. Being a Buckeye fits right in with the team. Either way the Bengals go would be okay with me.

Bad argument. Mellow
Reply/Quote

It's ok to make an argument for Burrow without being hyperbolic about Chase Young. He will not be a bust.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need help on both Defense and Offense.

During the offseason the coaches want to bring back Green to help whoever is behind center. The Bengals even stated they want to trade Andy Dalton and allow him to move onto another team; and trying not to screw Dalton over in the process.

The biggest issues I see with the Bengals are as followed...

QB - if the Bengals trade Dalton who is their QB. It is going to be their first round pick and it sounds like they wont' trade out of the first round.
OL - Bengals line was horrible last year. Best player was the C and that player didn't even score well when compared to other C in the league. A more solid unit around him he may have scored higher. This means a better more productive OL. OL will improve if Williams can play to a high level. But that is one of 4 of the OL positions that had issues last year. If he gets injured again and there are no players on the team like last year to take his place issues will creep up again and it would be time to rebuild the OL again.
LB - this unit was a weakness last year and going into FA and the draft it still needs to be addressed.
DL - they need some rotational guys on DE and DT to help keep Dunlap and Atkins fresh.
WR - Injuries hurt this group last year and hopefully 2020 they avoid the injury bug or they might be looking for new playmakers here in 2021. Without Green or Ross no one really opened up the field and it really hurt them.
TE - This unit isn't bad but Sample needs to improve as both a blocker and pass catcher considering he was a 2nd round pick a year ago.

IMO...
1st Pick: QB
2nd Pick: LB / OL
3rd Pick OL / WR
4th Pick WR / LB
5th Pick DL
6th Pick WR / LB / OL
7th Pick OL / LB

The thing is though best way to build is always draft BAP regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 10:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Andre Smith wasone of the top RTs in the league in 13 and 14.  It would be stupid to passon a player like that just because he had flappy man boobs.

Andre Smith was never All Pro.  At #6 you make it or the pick was a disappointment.  He was out of shape for the start of 2009 and 2010.  Man boobs is a symptom of a guy out of shape for the combine. 
I can't imagine why a coach wouldn't look at a guys conditioning as one metric of a draft day decision.  It would be stupid not too.
I don't dispute Andre had some good seasons, he just wasn't worthy of a #6 and his lack of attention to conditioning was a good clue of that.
Reply/Quote
I believe Young will be a very good NFL player, I don't care if he played for OSU or not. The Bengals dilemma is that they need a QB more than they need a DE, so the pick will be Burrow and not Young.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 10:19 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol horrible post. Chase Young was non existent against a Michigan. If we pick him over Burrow I’m burning my bengals gear

WhoDey2 I did that. One time back in the 90's....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 05:12 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I believe Young will be a very good NFL player, I don't care if he played for OSU or not. The Bengals dilemma is that they need a QB more than they need a DE, so the pick will be Burrow and not Young.

Exactly.

BTW, sounds like Steeler fans are much more scurred of Burrow.

I like it when Steeler fans are scurred.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Young won't be a bust; far from it.

Burrow is the sanest and most-logical choice, probably in NFL history, on par with Peyton (I'm talking taking them at one as opposed to someone else, not career-wise).

The reality is that you don't know that either of these things are true.

Chase Young could turn out to be a bust, so could Burrow.  Hell, so could any of these guys.

But, you take the risk with any of them.  There is obviously less risk with Burrow and Young than Love and Gross-Matos.  That's just the name of the game.

For a team like the Bengals, you just have to take a QB if there's one ranked as a top 5 pick.  You just can't pass on it.
Reply/Quote