Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
Well, obviously, I'm simply talking in terms of trends and, "what appears to be the case."

The world could end tomorrow for all we know lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Young was, as someone said; real ordinary in his last three games. If that was "preserving himself for the NFL" he shouldn't have bothered playing at all. His interviews don't impress me much either, reminds me a bit of Haskins or maybe that's an OSU thing. Burrow, on the other hand; played full bore in the playoffs. About half the people on here were predicting his failure against the vaunted Clemson defense and then jumped on the Burrow bandwagon, not that is anything but the norm on here. I wouldn't mind trading our OSU center for a 3rd rounder if anybody is dumb enough to bite.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 11:38 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Young was, as someone said; real ordinary in his last three games. If that was "preserving himself for the NFL" he shouldn't have bothered playing at all. His interviews don't impress me much either, reminds me a bit of Haskins or maybe that's an OSU thing. Burrow, on the other hand; played full bore in the playoffs. About half the people on here were predicting his failure against the vaunted Clemson defense and then jumped on the Burrow bandwagon, not that is anything but the norm on here. I wouldn't mind trading our OSU center for a 3rd rounder if anybody is dumb enough to bite.

I would trade Billy Price for a crate of cheese coneys.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 11:38 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Young was, as someone said; real ordinary in his last three games. If that was "preserving himself for the NFL" he shouldn't have bothered playing at all. His interviews don't impress me much either, reminds me a bit of Haskins or maybe that's an OSU thing. Burrow, on the other hand; played full bore in the playoffs. About half the people on here were predicting his failure against the vaunted Clemson defense and then jumped on the Burrow bandwagon, not that is anything but the norm on here. I wouldn't mind trading our OSU center for a 3rd rounder if anybody is dumb enough to bite.

Agreed, been less and less impressed with Chase this Offseason.

Lots of OSU homerism has been going on.

It looks like I was wrong about Price, but he is still young so we will see and I thought he had great upside.

Hubbard looks to be a steal, one Buckeye the Bengals got right.

(03-02-2020, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would trade Billy Price for a crate of cheese coneys.

True, he has no trade value after what he has shown so far.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 07:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone forgot to tell Pat Mahomes defense wins championships...

The Chiefs had the 7th scoring defense in the NFL. They won because they held the 2nd scoring and 4th overall offense in the league to just 20 points. Mahomes threw 2 INT, fumbled twice, and did very little for 3 quarters.

I'm not saying I am all on board with this thread, but I just needed to point out that they had a very very good scoring defense and they shut down the 49ers' very very good offense in the SB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 12:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Chiefs had the 7th scoring defense in the NFL. They won because they held the 2nd scoring and 4th overall offense in the league to just 20 points. Mahomes threw 2 INT, fumbled twice, and did very little for 3 quarters.

I'm not saying I am all on board with this thread, but I just needed to point out that they had a very very good scoring defense and they shut down the 49ers' very very good offense in the SB.

That and Jimmy G overthrew (by a country mile) a wide open Emmanuel Sanders for the game winning TD late in the 4th quarter...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 12:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Chiefs had the 7th scoring defense in the NFL. They won because they held the 2nd scoring and 4th overall offense in the league to just 20 points. Mahomes threw 2 INT, fumbled twice, and did very little for 3 quarters.

The strength of SF is their DL. Yet Mahomes was still able to make enough plays late in the game to win. Mahomes sucked for 3 quarters but he still threw 2 TD’s and ran for another.

They probably still win even without a top 10 defense. Especially with Shanahan’s play calling. They definitely don’t win without Mahomes.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 12:30 AM)jason Wrote: That and Jimmy G overthrew (by a country mile) a wide open Emmanuel Sanders for the game winning TD late in the 4th quarter...

Shanahan also did KC a huge favor by throwing it as much as he did. Or at least in situations he shouldn’t have.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shanahan also did KC a huge favor by throwing it as much as he did. Or at least in situations he shouldn’t have.

Reminded me of the Falcons Superbowl, well not that bad. But still run the damn ball Shanahan geez.

Was rooting for the Chiefs the entire way anyways so he did me and whoever was rooting for the Chiefs a favor as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reminded me of the Falcons Superbowl, well not that bad. But still run the damn ball Shanahan geez.

Was rooting for the Chiefs the entire way anyways so he did me and whoever was rooting for the Chiefs a favor as well.

It's also odd because that 3 headed backfield ran up every team's backside all year long. They still use a fullback for Pete's sake.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 02:43 PM)jason Wrote: It's also odd because that 3 headed backfield ran up every team's backside all year long. They still use a fullback for Pete's sake.

Was very odd. When your strength is your run game and your Defense you don't pit your Jimmy G against Pat Mahomes.

Thought Brian Shanahan was a genius but man, this was beyond stupid.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is going to win us multiple Super Bowls there’s no argument against taking him he’s our guy get hyped
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 07:26 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Joe Burrow is going to win us multiple Super Bowls there’s no argument against taking him he’s our guy get hyped

Yeah baby. Joe Rock On
Reply/Quote
Just remember all the hype at the beginning of last season. I predicted the Bengals would not be very good. Others here said I was crazy. I see the same hype with Joe Burrow. Expect the best, but be ready for a possible flop. It is like risk in the stock market. At least with Young the overall impact would be lesser.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just remember all the hype at the beginning of last season. I predicted the Bengals would not be very good. Others here said I was crazy. I see the same hype with Joe Burrow. Expect the best, but be ready for a possible flop. It is like risk in the stock market. At least with Young the overall impact would be lesser.

There is literally no reason to think Burrow will be a flop. Except choosing to be a pessimist.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just remember all the hype at the beginning of last season. I predicted the Bengals would not be very good. Others here said I was crazy. I see the same hype with Joe Burrow. Expect the best, but be ready for a possible flop. It is like risk in the stock market. At least with Young the overall impact would be lesser.

We all new it would take time with all the new coaches but we just didn't know it would take THAT much time.

We need a Franchise QB that can win the big games more than a pass rusher at this junction, period dot dash.

Young disappeared against the best competition late last season even if he was triple teamed or quadruple teamed or whatever
OSU homer wants to say happened. The fact is the best teams planned for both of these players late in the year and one lit up 
the best, and one was okay.

Guess which one? Hint, hint, it be Joe Burrow.

My bet is on Burrow.

Nothing against Chase Young as I think he will be a fine pro and I just don't hope he is sacking our QB named Burrow a lot.
Reply/Quote

I think most fans were thinking potential to go 8-8 or so. Honestly, when you consider that was based on having AJ, Glenn, Jonah and Boling as offensive starters, and then losing Ross on top of it, I dont think that was far off. We were in some close games. At one point guys like John Jerry and Andre Smith were starting at LT. Our OL was exposed until the coaches finally found the right mix of guys and scheme to get things going. But they did find the right scheme and mix to get things going, and thats encouraging. With a franchise QB like Burrow and a rebuilt OL, the sky is the limit. Chase is good, but a franchise QB is what we need to win a SB.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:43 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think most fans were thinking potential to go 8-8 or so. Honestly, when you consider that was based on having AJ, Glenn, Jonah and Boling as offensive starters, and then losing Ross on top of it, I dont think that was far off. We were in some close games. At one point guys like John Jerry and Andre Smith were starting at LT. Our OL was exposed until the coaches finally found the right mix of guys and scheme to get things going. But they did find the right scheme and mix to get things going, and thats encouraging. With a franchise QB like Burrow and a rebuilt OL, the sky is the limit. Chase is good, but a franchise QB is what we need to win a SB.

I didn't even mention the injuries, thank you Bengaloo. You are a GREAT poster have to say.

Hard to judge the new coaches in a way besides Taylor's play calling that I will call out at anytime.

The coaches got better in the 2nd half of the season, but thank God not enough to lose our Franchise QB right when we needed him
right when he just had the greatest season of any QB of all time in college OR in the NFL...………………………..

60 TD's and 6 Interceptions is not something you pass on for a great pass rusher that broke OSU records.

Let alone lighting up 7 of the top 10 teams in the same season.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We all new it would take time with all the new coaches but we just didn't know it would take THAT much time.

We need a Franchise QB that can win the big games more than a pass rusher at this junction, period dot dash.

Young disappeared against the best competition late last season even if he was triple teamed or quadruple teamed or whatever
OSU homer wants to say happened. The fact is the best teams planned for both of these players late in the year and one lit up 
the best, and one was okay.

Guess which one? Hint, hint, it be Joe Burrow.

My bet is on Burrow.

Nothing against Chase Young as I think he will be a fine pro and I just don't hope he is sacking our QB named Burrow a lot.

You were making a solid argument til you threw in the OSU homer jab. I'm still for picking Burrow because well... What the hell? But... Chase Young will wreck shop next season in a similar fashion to the Bosa brothers while Joe Burrow will put up numbers nowhere near the 900 TDs and 6 ints he threw for last year. Im not sayin' he can't be great, but there will be growing pains. Young will have an instant impact especially if he's teamed with Sweat and Allen in Washington. Everybody can spout off about 3 games, but Young is the best prospect in this draft. NFL.com had a mock today based purely off analytics... Burrow went 5th.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't even mention the injuries, thank you Bengaloo. You are a GREAT poster have to say.

Hard to judge the new coaches in a way besides Taylor's play calling that I will call out at anytime.

The coaches got better in the 2nd half of the season, but thank God not enough to lose our Franchise QB right when we needed him
right when he just had the greatest season of any QB of all time in college OR in the NFL...………………………..

60 TD's and 6 Interceptions is not something you pass on for a great pass rusher that broke OSU records.

Let alone lighting up 7 of the top 10 teams in the same season.

Much appreciated, and its mutual.

I have to hope that Taylor watched game tape and some of his glaringly bad play calling moments stood out lol. Some of it was good, but there were times where it just seemed like he went against what was working at the worst times. But I'm also glad we have a chance at the best QB to come out at least since Luck. Perhaps our luck is changing.
Reply/Quote