Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-28-2021, 02:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: 1. Brady has a 2 year $50 mil deal.  He restructured his deal to give Tampa extra cap room this year, but he's still getting that money.  Reread what you wrote.  You said paid, not cap hit.  Teams do creative accounting to create cap room all the time. That doesn't mean the players aren't getting paid.  

The Cowboys weren't listed as a team paying 2 WR's $10+ mil.  They are one of only 2 teams paying 2 T's $10+ mil.  They would also be the only example of a team paying 2 T's $10+ mil and paying high end QB money.

2. If Jonah, hasn't earned a big contract yet, what makes you think Tee, Burrow, Sewell, and/or Chase all will?

3. You didn't say 2 OL.  You said teams commonly pay two tackles.  Which they don't.  You know how many teams I can add if I average out salaries like you did?  Paying one guy $15 mil and another guy $5 mil is not anyone's definition of paying 2 T's.You know how many teams I can add if expand WR to pass catcher like you expanded T to OL?

Even with all this strawmanning aside, the fact remains that you're wrong.  There are not more teams out there paying for 2 top T's than 2 top WR's, whether they're paying top QB money or not.  There's no factual evidence behind your point, whatsoever.  

1. Good grief brother, it doesn't matter. Unless you think Joe Burrow will restructure contracts and/or take less money to maintain 2 big WR contracts, Brady is a terrible example. Give it up. You have 0 (zero) examples.

2. None of those guys have the injury concerns of a Jonah Williams. This isn't complicated, you just like to argue.

3. This isn't a court of law my dude. I'm allowed to correct minor flaws in my statement as I go along. I was wrong about the tackles. I own that. But there ARE plenty of teams that pay massive amounts of money to multiple linemen, and what I said about the Bengals rings true. They don't pay interior guys and they do value Tackles. Heck, they paid a massive amount of money to Levi and Willie. They gave bid deals to Whit and Andre.

So we don't even need to look at the rest of the league.

With that, I'm done responding to you until after the draft. Have fun trying to find a new angle of attack, I guess. Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Talked to Brian P today...He said we're taking Patrick Surtain in the first. This guy has sources... he revealed a whole lot of Bengals dirt back in the day before going silent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Charger going O-line is not surprising at all.  They are going all in with Herbert and are doing everything they can to protect him.  Linsley in the offseason and then a guy like Sewell or Slater.

Pretty much the blueprint for a young franchise QB.

Folks around here are going Team Chase in part because Joe wants him. Imagine how badly Herbert would like to reunite with Sewell

**DISCLAIMER: The above post should not be used to alienate anyone from Team Chase or embolden anyone from Team Sewell. It's merely an observation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2. None of those guys have the injury concerns of a Jonah Williams. This isn't complicated, you just like to argue.

Maybe the QB does. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Good grief brother, it doesn't matter. Unless you think Joe Burrow will restructure contracts and/or take less money to maintain 2 big WR contracts, Brady is a terrible example. Give it up. You have 0 (zero) examples.

2. None of those guys have the injury concerns of a Jonah Williams. This isn't complicated, you just like to argue.

3. This isn't a court of law my dude. I'm allowed to correct minor flaws in my statement as I go along. I was wrong about the tackles. I own that. But there ARE plenty of teams that pay massive amounts of money to multiple linemen, and what I said about the Bengals rings true. They don't pay interior guys and they do value Tackles. Heck, they paid a massive amount of money to Levi and Willie. They gave bid deals to Whit and Andre.

So we don't even need to look at the rest of the league.

With that, I'm done responding to you until after the draft. Have fun trying to find a new angle of attack, I guess. Jerry

1.So Tampa basically doesn't count because you don't want them to count.  What about the Rams?  Do they not count either?  You know the Rams were paying big money for Goff, Woods, and Kupp last year, too, right?

2.Burrow doesn't have injury concerns?  That's news to me.  Fact is, none of these guys have proven they deserve elite money, yet. And not all of them will, most likely.

3.You can't hold me to the letter of what you said , which was 2 WR/T's AND a QB, when it benefits your argument, then "correct" what you said to OL instead of OT's when it benefits your argument.  That's a blatant double standard.  I have no issue to you holding me to what you said, but in turn, it's perfectly fair for me to also hold you to what you said and not allow you to move the goalposts.  

You're right, the Bengals gave big deals to Levi and Willie and Whit and Andre.  They also gave big deals to Chad and TJ/Bryant/Coles and AJ and Boyd.  So there's nothing to indicate that they wouldn't pay a pair of good WR's as opposed to T's like you claimed.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe the QB does. 

Because of the terrible line...not because he's proven to be injury prone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks around here are going Team Chase in part because Joe wants him. Imagine how badly Herbert would like to reunite with Sewell

**DISCLAIMER: The above post should not be used to alienate anyone from Team Chase or embolden anyone from Team Sewell. It's merely an observation. 

Yeah, that just so overplayed and inaccurate.  He even said himself that he doesn't scout guys and has no idea about some of the other players in the draft.

I've said this for a long time, the only way I think Burrow gets pissed with the front office/staff is if they go WR and they go with Waddle or Smith instead of Chase.  
Reply/Quote
I'll just leave this awesome little nugget right here:

1st round picks who sign 2nd contract with draft team...

O-linemen- 60% (highest in NFL)
WRs - 27% (lowest in NFL)

https://youtu.be/t18-xowLLb8
Reply/Quote
Eh, that doesn’t worry me at all. The Bengals have re-signed their last two star WR’s.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, that doesn’t worry me at all. The Bengals have re-signed their last two star WR’s.

I think the point is those players haven't been good enough to warrant a 2nd contract.

Fwiw, I do think Chase will be fine. Just food for thought, for all the folks who think Sewell has a bigger chance of busting.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, that doesn’t worry me at all. The Bengals have re-signed their last two star WR’s.

Why mess with success? 
Reply/Quote