Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My prediction for president
(07-30-2015, 04:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hemp - because people are stupid.
Secrecy - because (most) people don't honestly care so they get away with it
Money - who pays for the round country trips, ads, stops and bumper stickers? 

Hemp....but why are they stupid?  Why were there anti hemp films, articles, and leaflets distributed in the 30's, spreading misinformation to make folks stupid?

Secrecy.....you're probably right here for the most part, and that's said to someone who was taught to question...

Money.....I'm not even talking about the national level, even state level, and some local.....the point is, debates should be televised (including ALL participants within reason), and THAT should be what determines a candidate's worth, not how much bribe.....er campaign donations they can get.

FWIW....I volunteered on a grassroots gubernatorial bid here in our state, and the candidate REFUSED corporate donations, limited private donations, and he somehow still managed to print PLENTY of bumper stickers, get ads on social media, get a webpage up, and tour the state......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 04:32 PM)Wyche Wrote:  and the ability to "raise money" is the first thing considered in judging a potential candidate?  Just curious....

Why do they need to spend money if the elections are fixed?

Why would corporations and rich people throw away all that money if they already knew who was going to win?
(07-30-2015, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hemp....but why are they stupid?  Why were there anti hemp films, articles, and leaflets distributed in the 30's, spreading misinformation to make folks stupid?

Secrecy.....you're probably right here for the most part, and that's said to someone who was taught to question...

Money.....I'm not even talking about the national level, even state level, and some local.....the point is, debates should be televised (including ALL participants within reason), and THAT should be what determines a candidate's worth, not how much bribe.....er campaign donations they can get.

1. Because people in other industries didn't want competition? So they snuffed it before it got started. 

2. People question all the time, the bigger issue is...do they care? Most don't as long as it isn't snow balling back on them.

3. Most local elections outside of major cities are like that. 
(07-30-2015, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hemp....but why are they stupid?  Why were there anti hemp films, articles, and leaflets distributed in the 30's, spreading misinformation to make folks stupid?

Why would they have to do all that if politicians are bought and paid for?  Why waste time convincing the public when the politicians already vote however they are told by the people who own them?
(07-30-2015, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do they need to spend money if the elections are fixed?

Why would corporations and rich people throw away all that money if they already knew who was going to win?

......to get the laws passed they want.....

(07-30-2015, 04:58 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1. Because people in other industries didn't want competition? So they snuffed it before it got started. 

2. People question all the time, the bigger issue is...do they care? Most don't as long as it isn't snow balling back on them.

3. Most local elections outside of major cities are like that. 

...see my edit....

1.  Right, and laws were passed to ban what was a legal plant in 1937.....until, of course, Uncle Sam needed it for the war effort for a few years....

2.  You're right here....and it's a problem.

3.  ....and that's a shame.

(07-30-2015, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would they have to do all that if politicians are bought and paid for?  Why waste time convincing the public when the politicians already vote however they are told by the people who own them?

To prevent backlash? A lot of people were farmers back then, we were still a largely agrarian society in large portions of the country in the early 30s.....they hadn't voted that way in the 30's yet.....it was passed in 1937.  You know what else happened right around then?  Petrochemicals were first used to manufacture synthetic fibers by DuPont.....could be a coincidence, maybe not.  William Randolph Hearst owned newspapers, then he got a big timber interest....made a lot of paper, DuPont bleached his pulp with their chemicals.....another coincidence perhaps....perhaps not

There is also the notion that racism was the root cause of marijuana's banishment. Makes sense, but why include hemp?

(07-30-2015, 01:49 AM)Beaker Wrote: What if its nothing?

Then I'd be wrong and you'd win the internets. 

We could play 'what if's' for infinity. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(07-30-2015, 05:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: There is also the notion that racism was the root cause of marijuana's banishment.  Makes sense, but why include hemp?

The cotton industry pushed for it.
(07-30-2015, 06:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The cotton industry pushed for it.

Either way you go, big business money was used to influence a law.....and that's the crux of the discussion. Even if it was racially motivated, the Klan had quite an influence in politics during that era.

I don't know the end goal of TPTB. My best guess, based on research, and the only obvious answer would be absolute and total power. I'm also inclined to believe that more than one faction exists and that they are at odds with each other and for reasons not fully understood, they must follow  the rules of their game.

I can't answer why -- if ( some ) elected officials are predetermined -- anyone would spend waste millions of dollars. That's a good question. But that doesn't mean there's no answer. It could be a fee of sorts to gain access to their club. I mean, where does all that money go really? And who says money is of any value to them, except an end to a means? And who says everyone with money has a chance to gain access? I doubt money gets you very far with these people except because the candidate initiate values money he must prove his worth by gaining it and sacrificing it.

We see wasted resources now but, it appears, 'now' is of little consequence to them. They seem to be on a different understanding of time than we know, sorta like how the Middle East is on a different time scale than we understand.  

And who knows what they value? There are many philosophies and thought processes that exist now and have throughout time that are beyond the scope of our understanding yet are real and true to the person/people holding these beliefs. Maybe the only thing they value and want control over is the human mind and/or soul. I can't answer that, I just know that people believe things like this and at Bohemian Grove they worship Moloch and offer ( mock?) sacrifices to him. Ancient beliefs and rituals are preformed on sacred ground and Bohemian Grove is such a place. It is well documented that powerful people gather there in debauchery and 'run around naked' as Clinton stated, and worship a giant owl. You don't understand this. I don't understand this, but TPTB sure do and they go to great lengths to ensure that we don't know anything about it.

If you've accepted any of this as a possibility, then you've gotta understand they believe sacrifices must be made and met. Here's a link to a story that 15 bodies were found under Ben Franklin's house in London that date to his time. Of course no one wants to believe the great Ben Franklin was into sacrifice and murder ( 6 of the bodies were children ), so conveniently there is a possible explanation. But what if that's not true? They don't know one way or another an esoterically, Franklin was quite the person.

Wars are waged for, of course resources, as they represent an ends to a means, but also as a grand sacrifice. You don't have to look very far to realize that ancient peoples found honor, that is to say -- had no fear of death during battle. Why? Did they know something we don't, or has been hidden away from us? History is written by the victors. It's easy to surmise anterior motives, aside from resources, as to why a given war took place. I mean, even now most people believe we've been at war for oil, despite not reaping those benefits of that we're the case. And nobody can say exactly why we went into Iraq. It wasn't for resources. It wasn't a land grab. It wasn't to liberate the people. What was it for I wonder?

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists."
J. Edgar Hoover  

"While you here do snoring lie, Open-eyed conspiracy His time doth take."
William Shakespeare, The Tempest (Ariel at II, i)  

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses."
Albert Einstein  

"People yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands."
David Rockefeller

Anyway, I stand by my prediction. I stand by thinking so in the time frame I've put forth.
(07-30-2015, 08:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Either way you go, big business money was used to influence a law.....and that's the crux of the discussion. 

Actually that is not what I was talking about.  I think everyone should realize that money is used to influence policy.  But that is much different from saying that all elections are predetermined and that one small group of people control everything in the world.

The fact is that there are large corporations that are competing against each other.  And there are different political parties that are competing against each other.  And different countries competing against each other.  It is not all just a big show where everyone with power is working together to control everything.
(07-30-2015, 08:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  They seem to be on a different understanding of time than we know, sorta like how the Middle East is on a different time scale than we understand.  

What does this even mean?

What makes you think that TPTB are "on a different understanding of time than we know"?
(07-30-2015, 08:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  Of course no one wants to believe the great Ben Franklin was into sacrifice and murder ( 6 of the bodies were children ), so conveniently there is a possible explanation.

Actually there is nothing "convenient" about it.  

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/11/usa.past

The most plausible explanation is not mass murder, but an anatomy school run by Benjamin Franklin's young friend and protege, William Hewson. He had been a pupil of the most brilliant anatomist of the day, William Hunter, but the two fell out and Hewson started his own anatomy school - at the home of his mother-in-law Margaret Stephenson, just off the Strand, where Benjamin Franklin was also a lodger for 16 years.

It takes a much lager leap of logic to assume that Ben Franklin was a mass murderer than it is to believe that his protege did anatomical studies in his basement. Mass murderers are actually very rare, and there is nothing in Franklin's well documented life to suggest that he was a mass murderer.
(07-30-2015, 10:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this even mean?

What makes you think that TPTB are "on a different understanding of time than we know"?

It just means that they have all the time in the world. They are in no hurry.
(07-30-2015, 10:50 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: It just means that they have all the time in the world. They are in no hurry.

Still don't understand what you mean.

Are these people living forever?
No. But their ideals and goals do.
(07-30-2015, 10:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing "convenient" about it.  

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/11/usa.past

The most plausible explanation is not mass murder, but an anatomy school run by Benjamin Franklin's young friend and protege, William Hewson. He had been a pupil of the most brilliant anatomist of the day, William Hunter, but the two fell out and Hewson started his own anatomy school - at the home of his mother-in-law Margaret Stephenson, just off the Strand, where Benjamin Franklin was also a lodger for 16 years.

It takes a much lager leap of logic to assume that Ben Franklin was a mass murderer than it is to believe that his protege did anatomical studies in his basement.   Mass murderers are actually very rare, and there is nothing in Franklin's well documented life to suggest that he was a mass murderer.
 Then you don't know too much of the man. Only second hand knowledge, as I pointed out somewhere in this thread, that you only hope to be true.

Ben lived at this house for more than year after his 'protege' moved out. Do tell, how he knew nothing of the corpses? Did they not stink? And if he was innocent of that ( which I doubt ), then surely he was suspect of grave robbing. And the coroner ( when the bodies were found ) said he couldn't rule out criminal behavior. 

Franklin was an occultist. It is well documented. Think of Crowley when thinking of Franklin. There is also sufficient evidence in existence to show he was a double agent during the war. But yeah, his exploits are 'well documented'. Reference John Adams thoughts on ol' Ben if you think I'm making this up. Maybe look into some of the things written of him across the Atlantic. History is told by the victors. 
(07-30-2015, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that is not what I was talking about.  I think everyone should realize that money is used to influence policy.  But that is much different from saying that all elections are predetermined and that one small group of people control everything in the world.

The fact is that there are large corporations that are competing against each other.  And there are different political parties that are competing against each other.  And different countries competing against each other.  It is not all just a big show where everyone with power is working together to control everything.

The thing is......it could very well go deeper than money for influence.  What's to stop them?  It certainly isn't out of the realm of possibilities.....and all of the secrecy, corruption, and silencing of anyone outside of the duopoly lends at least some credence to the theories.

After all, it only took three men to put McKinley in the White House......corruption with all of the technology and "practice" is much easier today.