Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is a Bum
Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?
Reply/Quote
He’s a damn rookie who is behind literally 4-5 other pass rushers

He wasn’t supposed to have to start this year and he will get better
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:38 AM)Housh Wrote: He’s a damn rookie who is behind literally 4-5 other pass rushers

Only one of those pass rushers actually makes plays (Hendrickson). 

The fact that he's behind a bunch of no-names is bad.  He's Jackson Carman all over again.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:38 AM)Housh Wrote: He’s a damn rookie who is behind literally 4-5 other pass rushers

Starting is one thing, but a Super Bowl contending team has to get something out of a 1st round pick. Both him and Ossai have been beyond disappointing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Starting is one thing, but a Super Bowl contending team has to get something out of a 1st round pick. Both him and Ossai have been beyond disappointing.

Except for QBs, I would expect a 1st round draft pick to contribute in his first season. Certainly by game 9. Murphy has 4 tackles and one sack and that is it. We need him to start showing now that Trey is injured. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Starting is one thing, but a Super Bowl contending team has to get something out of a 1st round pick. Both him and Ossai have been beyond disappointing.

Serious question, you really think this Bengals team is a Super Bowl contending team?
Reply/Quote
Absolutely blown up by a much smaller wide receiver on the texan td run in the endzone...

Bust.
Reply/Quote
Let’s avoid Clemson trench guys until something changes

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Let’s avoid Clemson trench guys until something changes

DJ Reader went to Clemson - just saying…

But I do agree that Murphy hasn’t shown anything. His athleticism has not transferred to the playing field.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:57 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Serious question, you really think this Bengals team is a Super Bowl contending team?

They just went 4-1 in their last 5 games, and the one loss was a walk off FG. If they beat the Ravens Thursday night they are right back in the mix.

And even if you don’t view them as contender most people did during the draft when they took Murphy. That’s more what I was referring to. That it’s not ideal to take a project who won’t contribute right away when you’re viewed as one of the favorites to at the very least make it back to the AFC Championship.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They just went 4-1 in their last 5 games, and the one loss was a walk off FG. If they beat the Ravens Thursday night they are right back in the mix.

And even if you don’t view them as contender most people did during the draft when they took Murphy. That’s more what I was referring to. That it’s not ideal to take a project who won’t contribute right away when you’re viewed as one of the favorites to at the very least make it back to the AFC Championship.

The Cheifs have been right there with us and have drafted later but they still managed to land Mcduffie. 

The notion that a contedner has to take a project that can't immediately contribute is  bullocks.
Reply/Quote
He simply was not a good a 1st Round selection. He dropped several spots according to the draft "experts", teams didnt take him for a reason.

Unpopular take, I also have concerns regarding Battle. He is slow, he plays slow. Scott is awful but Battle cannot take his spot because Battle cannot play the single high spot. Scott plays many times faster, and usually misses a tackle, but at least he gets there. Dax and Battle likely puts us back to being very predictable as they are not as interchangeable. I do hope this is a processing thing and Battle can speed up with better anticipation.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:08 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The Cheifs have been right there with us and have drafted later but they still managed to land Mcduffie. 

The notion that a contedner has to take a project that can't immediately contribute is  bullocks.

The Chiefs are several tiers better than us when it comes to drafting.  They fixed their oline in one season and have the youngest defense in the NFL yet they are easily a Top 5 unit.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:08 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The Cheifs have been right there with us and have drafted later but they still managed to land Mcduffie. 

They have a real problem with their 1st round picks outside of slam dunk can’t miss guys like Burrow and Chase.

It’s bad when you usually have higher expectations for our 2nd round picks.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They just went 4-1 in their last 5 games, and the one loss was a walk off FG. If they beat the Ravens Thursday night they are right back in the mix.

Yes, I'll give you that, at draft time they were considered a contender. But now half way into the season and with them showing lots of weaknesses I can't see how they are considered a SB contender. They are too hot and cold. When hot they look as though they could play with any team but when cold they embarrass themselves. That to me, is not the sign of a SB contender.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:05 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: DJ Reader went to Clemson - just saying…

But I do agree that Murphy hasn’t shown anything. His athleticism has not transferred to the playing field.

DJ Reader was a while ago

Jackson Carman and Myles Murphy are recent

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I think our #4 and #5 DE's (Murphy-Ossai) are better suited for a 3-4 D
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:41 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Only one of those pass rushers actually makes plays (Hendrickson). 

The fact that he's behind a bunch of no-names is bad.  He's Jackson Carman all over again.

Hubbard is really good and underrated are best edge run defender he was sorely missed yesterday it got worse when Sample left. are we forgetting the game changing play in last  years playoff game acting like Hubbard is a no name is disrespectful.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:20 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yes, I'll give you that, at draft time they were considered a contender. But now half way into the season and with them showing lots of weaknesses I can't see how they are considered a SB contender. They are too hot and cold. When hot they look as though they could play with any team but when cold they embarrass themselves. That to me, is not the sign of a SB contender.

The only “embarrassing” losses came while Burrow was not healthy yet (Browns & Titans). I do not consider losing by a FG to one of the hottest QB’s in the league an embarrassing loss. Frustrating sure, but it was a hard fought game, and they were a Boyd catch away from probably winning it.

Reply/Quote
Nicomo Cosca
The only “embarrassing” losses came while Burrow was not healthy yet (Browns & Titans). I do not consider losing by a FG to one of the hottest QB’s in the league an embarrassing loss. Frustrating sure, but it was a hard fought game, and they were a Boyd catch away from probably winning it.

Oh, ok so I didn't specify which part of the team or game was embarrassing. Yesterday, the D giving up over 500 yds and their one receiver with 150 himself? What was that caption someone posted that stated Hou had 17 explosive gain plays? the most by an NFL team since 2000? That to me is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote