Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is a Bum
Bengals Rookie Myles Murphy Is Becoming A Star | FILM REVIEW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIoGYQbLbg
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can do it on obvious passing downs.

So then would you trust Murphy to spy or drop into coverage, like Sam does a lot of?
Didn't Murphy play inside more at Clemson?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?

Who talks like that?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You guys are being a little hard on the op (as it relates to this thread anyway). Many of us had questions / concerns about the development (or lack thereof) of Murphy leading up to the last couple weeks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: You guys are being a little hard on the op (as it relates to this thread anyway). Many of us had questions / concerns about the development (or lack thereof) of Murphy leading up to the last couple weeks.

Digging up old threads is lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s almost like there should be a word for that type of online poster…

Goblin? Orc? Ogre? I mean, there's gotta be SOMETHING that sounds good. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: You guys are being a little hard on the op (as it relates to this thread anyway). Many of us had questions / concerns about the development (or lack thereof) of Murphy leading up to the last couple weeks.

This thread was started after the ROOKIE'S 7th career game. Those guys aren't being hard enough, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: Digging up old threads is lame.

It’s from a month ago. Hardly some years old necro-thread. It’s also the only thread dedicated specifically to Murphy, so it seems like a perfectly appropriate place to post about how he’s playing.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s from a month ago. Hardly some years old necro-thread. It’s also the only thread dedicated specifically to Murphy, so it seems like a perfectly appropriate place to post about how he’s playing.

Let's leave it up to the judges to decide.

Judges?
[Image: R.603c5c3df34c113f7eb33237d5c2031d?rik=u...ImgRaw&r=0]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s from a month ago. Hardly some years old necro-thread. It’s also the only thread dedicated specifically to Murphy, so it seems like a perfectly appropriate place to post about how he’s playing.

That's all fine and good, but everyone of us has said something stupid before. Not everyone is going at the op like that, but some have... I know he tries to be inflammatory, but it's still lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 01:32 PM)jason Wrote: That's all fine and good, but everyone of us has said something stupid before. Not everyone is going at the op like that, but some have... I know he tries to be inflammatory, but it's still lame.

No one would be doing it if it was done in a polite non-inflammatory way.

But is was meant to incite, so now he needs to take his medicine.

It was particularly dumb as Myles was not expected to bring immediate dividends.
Reply/Quote
This thread is an example of a JUSTIFIED Ad Hominem: look at the person who posted the thread, then look at their other ones.

It's why I'm a prick towards him lol (and it's again, completely justified and apt).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tracking nicely.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 01:32 PM)jason Wrote: That's all fine and good, but everyone of us has said something stupid before. Not everyone is going at the op like that, but some have... I know he tries to be inflammatory, but it's still lame.

No one would be doing it if it was done in a polite non-inflammatory way.

But is was meant to incite, so now he needs to take his medicine.

It was particularly dumb as Myles was not expected to bring immediate dividends.
Reply/Quote

Not sure what you mean by lack of development? The kid has been getting better every week. 
As for the Op of this thread, he's a troll and only comes around when we lose.
Reply/Quote

As others have said, this was the main Myles Murphy thread and we all have to keep bringing it back because we have to analyze 
Murphy's play and most of us are all just happy it has been getting much better. The OP was lame in calling MM a bum as most of 
us all knew he would take time when we drafted him. 

He was a very talented, but extremely raw pass rusher, but a good run stopper. MM was drafted to be a stud in the future, not 
immediately. He is actually coming along better than I thought he would as a pass rusher as a rookie IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: Digging up old threads is lame.

While the staff agree that digging up old threads is lame (It's actually in the rules), that does not apply in this situation.  This thread has maintained a fair amount of activity since it was originally posted, and thus considered current.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Necroing old threads in a “I told you so” manner is fair game from what I understand. I did it for when the community acted condescending towards me when I passed my verdict on Jackson Carman, which turned out to be correct.

I have a feeling that the rule in place is going to be applied very inconsistently moving forward though.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While the staff agree that digging up old threads is lame (It's actually in the rules), that does not apply in this situation.  This thread has maintained a fair amount of activity since it was originally posted, and thus considered current.

I’m sure a thread being “current” and “old” isn’t completely arbitrary at all.
Reply/Quote
Actually, I recall that thread being closed because a lot of people were in their feelings. So no, it’s only apparently fair game for certain individuals.
Reply/Quote