Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-18-2018, 02:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with this 100%. 

That still doesnt mean Votez Burfict isnt a dirty player and that he shouldnt clean it up on the field to avoid further suspension or punishment by the league. 

That's just it.....I think he has cleaned it up when we compare 2016 forward from his early years in the league....it only seems we hear about this shit after a Stoolers game.....think about that.  Then think about how they cried about the 70s Raiders and the 80s Oilers.  You start to see a pattern there?

I do agree with your premise however.  This was an instance of being over zealous....which a guy like him in Rog's crosshairs can ill-afford that.

(10-18-2018, 02:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Can you name me one incident where Vontez Burfict was fined/suspended/or in trouble with the league in which you didn't think it was deserved? 

Instantly, I think of the bullshit he was suspended for in the preseason game against KC.  Even the FB he hit said he saw nothing wrong with it.  I also think he only gets a penalty, and maybe a fine for the hit on 84 in the playoff game if he isn't that meanie 55.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's just it.....I think he has cleaned it up when we compare 2016 forward from his early years in the league....it only seems we hear about this shit after a Stoolers game.....think about that.  Then think about how they cried about the 70s Raiders and the 80s Oilers.  You start to see a pattern there?

I do agree with your premise however.  This was an instance of being over zealous....which a guy like him in Rog's crosshairs can ill-afford that.

Instantly, I think of the bullshit he was suspended for in the preseason game against KC.  Even the FB he hit said he saw nothing wrong with it.  I also think he only gets a penalty, and maybe a fine for the hit on 84 in the playoff game if he isn't that meanie 55.

I think the KC thing was questionable but the punishment for it was over the top. I do agree with that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did they fine him?

They are still waiting to hear. I think fines come out today or tomorrow? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: More tough guy mantra. 

Let's continue to encourage dirty and suspect play on the field for a "worthy cause" while the trade off being our best defensive player getting suspended. 

Sorry, but to me thats just not worth it. 

What's this tough guy bullshit you keep spewing?  Stop saying  that shit.  You just don't get it.  But hey, you believe  Rapistburger 100%.  Tells me all I need to know.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the KC thing was questionable but the punishment for it was over the top. I do agree with that. 

It was....and the only thing that makes it questionable to me is when we factor in who did it.  In other words, anyone else in the league probably doesn't even get reviewed.  I agree that he has brought a lot of this on himself for PAST transgressions.  There's no debating that, in my opinion.  Where the disconnect with me is, I think he has made a conscientious effort to clean it up.  You don't see the Mickey Mouse shit at all anymore, you don't see late hits out of bounds, or things of that nature.  What you WILL see is him attempting to de-cleat a mfer, and he will come in and try to intimidate and/or hit a guy hard enough to dislodge the ball.  Sometimes he is right on the razor's edge of crossing the line.  Every once in a while he goes over it.  

So, at what point do we move past history and wipe the slate clean like they did with Harrison, or other guys that have been in trouble?  FFS, it's been three friggin years since he laid out AB!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was....and the only thing that makes it questionable to me is when we factor in who did it.  In other words, anyone else in the league probably doesn't even get reviewed.  I agree that he has brought a lot of this on himself for PAST transgressions.  There's no debating that, in my opinion.  Where the disconnect with me is, I think he has made a conscientious effort to clean it up.  You don't see the Mickey Mouse shit at all anymore, you don't see late hits out of bounds, or things of that nature.  What you WILL see is him attempting to de-cleat a mfer, and he will come in and try to intimidate and/or hit a guy hard enough to dislodge the ball.  Sometimes he is right on the razor's edge of crossing the line.  Every once in a while he goes over it.  

So, at what point do we move past history and wipe the slate clean like they did with Harrison, or other guys that have been in trouble?  FFS, it's been three friggin years since he laid out AB!

I am Sandwedge and I endorse this post 100%....   The KC preseason game wouldn't have drawn a flag if it had been anyone else. The refs wouldn't have even noticed it....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: So, at what point do we move past history and wipe the slate clean like they did with Harrison, or other guys that have been in trouble?  FFS, it's been three friggin years since he laid out AB!

I don't think the NFL will ever move past it with Burfict.

These 2018 style new rules are Post Harrison being clean slated while Burfict is smack dab in the middle of being someone they can make an example of to prove the NFL cares.

He did just take a shot at AB (though he held back how bad it could have been) but nailed a Bengal in the process in Bates III.

Then Burfict points at Ju Ju with the "you're next" line.

Big Ben spreads the word, NFL Network and others bang the drum & banning Burfict for life becomes the cry.

Meanwhile, what does this all mean to Burfict in Burfict's mind ?

I personally just don't think that he fully gets it and his PRIDE will want revenge on Ju Ju, AB and the Steelers from now on. Maybe he tones things down against other teams but I think he will feel a need to NAIL certain Steeler players until he feels he has his Street Cred back from the Ju Ju hit on him.

The Bengals and Bengal fans can likely just hope to get what we can from Burfict until the NFL says he has crossed the line again leading to another suspension.

It is just a matter of time until it happens again, IMO.

The NFL will never clean Burfict's slate & Big Ben, AB, Ju Ju & others will keep banging the drum with Shazier to point to as a reason why so called "dangerous" players like Burfict must go. Exactly how Shazier got injured won't even matter in the discussion to the NFL because simply pointing to his symptoms after his injury is enough for them to make the case of avoiding future injuries of any cause.

Should the Bengals PLAN on keeping Burfict or PLAN to move on from him at some point & if so when is the question ?

I'd say it will be after the 2018 season at the earliest but he will likely be a Bengal through 2019 when I believe his contract runs out & may even get extended from there.

All we can do is buckle up and see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 03:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am Sandwedge and I endorse this post 100%....   The KC preseason game wouldn't have drawn a flag if it had been anyone else. The refs wouldn't have even noticed it....

I don't recall, but did he even get flagged for it?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 03:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't think the NFL will ever move past it with Burfict.

These 2018 style new rules are Post Harrison being clean slated while Burfict is smack dab in the middle of being someone they can make an example of to prove the NFL cares.

He did just take a shot at AB (though he held back how bad it could have been) but nailed a Bengal in the process in Bates III.

Then Burfict points at Ju Ju with the "you're next" line.

Big Ben spreads the word, NFL Network and others bang the drum & banning Burfict for life becomes the cry.

Meanwhile, what does this all mean to Burfict in Burfict's mind ?

I personally just don't think that he fully gets it and his PRIDE will want revenge on Ju Ju, AB and the Steelers from now on. Maybe he tones things down against other teams but I think he will feel a need to NAIL certain Steeler players until he feels he has his Street Cred back from the Ju Ju hit on him.

The Bengals and Bengal fans can likely just hope to get what we can from Burfict until the NFL says he has crossed the line again leading to another suspension.

It is just a matter of time until it happens again, IMO.

The NFL will never clean Burfict's slate & Big Ben, AB, Ju Ju & others will keep banging the drum with Shazier to point to as a reason why so called "dangerous" players like Burfict must go. Exactly how Shazier got injured won't even matter in the discussion to the NFL because simply pointing to his symptoms after his injury is enough for them to make the case of avoiding future injuries of any cause.

Should the Bengals PLAN on keeping Burfict or PLAN to move on from him at some point & if so when is the question ?

I'd say it will be after the 2018 season at the earliest but he will likely be a Bengal through 2019 when I believe his contract runs out & may even get extended from there.

All we can do is buckle up and see how it plays out.

My hope is that he just lets all of this Stooler nonsense go away.  I'm not as certain it's about street cred as much as it is them diving at his knees, but that's another discussion.  If that's the case, he just needs to point it out to his coaches and the officials and let them get it straight. If it's street cred......he just needs to sack Pig Pen and pick off passes instead of letting them go through his hands.  Will he do that?  Most likely not, and with the target on his back, that IS bad.

While he's on the team, I'll cheer for him.....and if he buys into the Stoolers shit, it ain't the best look, but I'll back him.  I, for one, am tired of their antics and the team just taking it....let alone the media sensationalism.

The deal with AB this last time was a borderline deal and being blown way out of proportion to me, and there was not one instance of anything remotely questionable in the MIA game that I am aware of.  Lately, it seems that the trouble ensues when Pitt is on the schedule.  At some point the league and the jackyls in the media need to come to terms with the fact that it takes two to tango.  Will that ever happen is the question in my mind.  I certainly won't hold my breath, will you?

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote:   I certainly won't hold my breath, will you?

[Image: MemorableUncomfortableFox-size_restricted.gif]

Reply/Quote
They often use Burfict as a diversion when the Stealers beat us on questionable at best calls/non calls.

Bryant TD catch in PO game/Gio Sphere
Pick Play/All dat holding

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 03:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't recall, but did he even get flagged for it?

You know, I'm not sure it was flagged, come to think of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 03:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am Sandwedge and I endorse this post 100%....   The KC preseason game wouldn't have drawn a flag if it had been anyone else. The refs wouldn't have even noticed it....

I don't think it got a flag, and what he was accused of doing was legal the year before, and I don't think he did what he was accused of.  First contact was with the front of the guy's pads.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burfict did nothing wrong last game. It's just typical Bengals haters calling for Burfict to get suspended. I think there should be an outright ban on media hacks like Florio and, even better, a ban on the squealers team. That team has been giving out cheap shots and hurting Bengals players for years and they should not be allowed to have a team.

The Whines Ward cheap shot on Rivers that broke his jaw and basically ended his career.

The blind side cheap shot by Garvin that broke Hubers jaw and put him out for the season.

The number of head hunting hits by Mitchell to Green and Eifert that gave them severe concussions and put them out for several games.

The Shazier spear to Bernard in the 2015 playoff game the knocked Bernard out cold . The squealers players then went to the center of the field and started dancing and celebrating the hit. Our players have never done that to their players.

Even squealers players tweeting out how they were going to paint Burfict if they saw him on the street. That's a threat to his life and those players should have been arrested and put in jail.

The blindside hit by Juju last year that gave Burfict a severe concussion.

Never ever do they give both sides of the story. It's always about how bad Burfict is and how the squealers never do anything wrong. I hope Tez punishes Juju next game and cripples that bastard. As long as its a legal hit just punish him badly. He'll get what he deserves.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think it got a flag, and what he was accused of doing was legal the year before, and I don't think he did what he was accused of.  First contact was with the front of the guy's pads.

I agree, I think because the guy was decleated, it looked worse than it actually was.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I want to apologize to my fellow Bengal Fans Muskiesfan and Whofarted for my outbursts. You guys are just like me when it comes to PRO Football and that is we are Bengals Fans! Please accept my apologies and whoever else as well! RASCAL!

Hey buddy, you're passionate and I can appreciate that. While it may not seem it, I like what Burfict brings to the team and the defense. I like that he plays hard. I just want him to be careful so he can play every game instead of getting suspended.

You get fired up quickly and want to defend your team. We're on the same side though. We both hate the Steelers and want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. Both physically and on the scoreboard. **** the Steelers!

I appreciate the apology, brother. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: In fairness McC.....I just don't think some of the younger posters here understand just how long that piece of shit organization has been pulling stunts like this.....AND GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT.  Nor do I think they realize that EVERY SINGLE TIME another team or player dished it back to their sorry asses, they cried foul to the media and league.  This is nothing even REMOTELY new.

I remember. I absolutely hate the Steelers. I honestly don't care if Vontaze sends fat ass, Brown, JuJu, and any of those other bastards off on a stretcher, just so long as it's legal so he can't be suspended. Burfict can be a difference maker. He can lay the wood and do it where he doesn't get in trouble. Unfortunately, we're never going to get away with the cheap shots these assholes get away with. I was honestly shocked that the league scheduled both Steelers game when Burfict would be back.

I think it would piss the Steelers off even more if he kept making big plays against them TWICE a year. He has cleaned his game up some, but I think just a little more and he could avoid some suspensions. Always appreciate your level headed conversations, especially when we may fall on different sides of the aisle brother.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:55 PM)RobertG Wrote: Sports Illustrated also blamed Marvin and the rest of the Bengals for Burfict's play.  A permanent ban seems harsh, but I agree that somebody on the team should have a talk with him.  If Marvin won't do it, somebody else should.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vontaze-burfict-bengals-violent-play

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bengals-vontaze-burfict-should-not-be-nfl-mike-florio-says?cid=eref:nbcnews:video

Whatever, screw them both. Football isn't for wussies.

Knew something was going to happen in this game. Sure, Burfict needs to clean it up but damn, its the Stoolpitt man.

Love it. Smirk

We will beat them in the Stoolpitt next game and i just hope Burfict is in the game to deliver some punishment.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: What's this tough guy bullshit you keep spewing?  Stop saying  that shit.  You just don't get it.  But hey, you believe  Rapistburger 100%.  Tells me all I need to know.

Yeah, Weezy needs to cut this shit out man. Being a Bengal fan and then hating on Burfict and believing the Pig is out of hand.

This just cannot be tolerated, it is like Bengal treason or somethin'.

Love Weezy but this is just not right. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Comment from article:

'They're going to come to hate us in Houston, but I like that,' said quarterback Bubby Brister. 'We're playing Steeler football ... we're playing hard, dirty football."

Some things never change.
Reply/Quote